Lack of subs tonight

I think some folk just expect us to make subs because they're there to be made, as opposed to thinking about how they impact the game.

Who should he have brought on tonight and who for? And how would they have changed the outcome of the game?

It'll be a lazy stick to beat Gerrard tonight with IMO.

If I picked the right 6 numbers I win the lottery...

You can’t guarantee subs make a difference. If he makes the subs and Benfica score then people are crying about the subs upsetting the shape or the team.

We haven’t even lost the game. Support your team.

I can't read Gerrard;s mind but he maybe felt the players on the pitch deserved to see out the 90 minutes.

Only logical explanation I can think of.

Much changed team for Falkirk next game.

Didnt really have any defensive minded midfielders to come on. Missed ryan jack but dont think you can blame gerrard, defense looked a bit nervy, we live and learn

The players looked fu.cked by 70 minutes however the bench was poor tonight.. every player was a downgrade on the starting 11.

I'm expecting big changes for Falkirk on Sunday.

Felt at 2-0 and at 70 mins some changes were required.

Fresh legs and break up the game.

Still a great position to be in but more game management required
Yep said it in the last game even to kill time, I don't understand it because it was obvious we were out on our feet so I just can't fathom fresh legs not brought on.

Is why we lost the points. No criticism given the effort put in but Arfield, Kent among others blowing out their arse. As you say needed fresh legs but clearly Gerrard was reluctant to make the changes.

Who would have come on? Been critical of the lack of subs before but can understand tonight why we didn’t

Think Gerard maybe thought our subs cost us in the first leg - not being up to speed with the game. But agree we could have done with fresh legs in midfield to try to see it out.

I think Gerrard was correct to not make subs up to them drawing level, it was the subs that undone us over there. We sat too deep after the second and let's not forget the quality they possess.

You could bring Helander on at 2 nil and just plan to hold on. At 2 - 1 you definitely bring him on. Especially after the way they came back the last time

I'm staggered that we made no subs yet again. Straight after Roofe scored we should have made 1 or subs, fresh legs were always going to be required for that last 20 mins

last time we threw on Arfield and totally disrupted our balance which cost us. If we had an Aribo on the bench he would’ve made a change, bringing on Barker would have caused more damage that good.

Reactions: Gee
I think some folk just expect us to make subs because they're there to be made, as opposed to thinking about how they impact the game.

Who should he have brought on tonight and who for? And how would they have changed the outcome of the game?

It'll be a lazy stick to beat Gerrard tonight with IMO.
The point is our players were running on empty, I don't know what the bench were thinking by the lack of confidence in them.

Have to ask... why are people saying the options aren't there on the bench?

Our players on the pitch looked knackered.

Many have been saying that our subs / 18 are as strong as ever.

Surely there was at least one option there or two? Was Itten, Barker, Hagi not good enough?

Back