Lack of warm up/bounce games

Superman

Just wondering what the others fans think on this matter.

As it stands, we have only one match before our first Europa League qualifier. That is Bury at Ibrox. Surely we should have a couple at least smaller matches, away from an Ibrox crowd, for at least some preperation? I am talking about some amatuer team or something alone those lines while in Spain perhaps?

Playing at Ibrox, even against a lesser standard team, such as Bury will still carry some pressure to put on a level of performance.

What you guys think?

I would expect us to play 1 or 2 bounce games before the Bury game, likely at auchenhowie. We played 2 or 3 there last summer i recall.

I'd imagine we'd get a couple of behind-closed-doors bounce games arranged for when we get back to The Hummel Training Centre.

I don't think they can get much warmer than they are just now.

I am sure there will be a couple of games to get them going. However, I think it's also very important for the new players and the management to get some time with the players like they are just now. Planning for a game will come over the next couple of weeks in time for the first game.

More so for the amount of changes to our squad and most likely a change of style in our play.

I sure if we want to we can try and get someone for behind closed doors game before Bury

Also I wonder if the club will try and get a friendly arranged for the weekend of 21st July since our QR1 2nd leg is now on the 17th July?

Difficult to arrange friendlies for this early when most teams won't even be starting pre season training until at least early July.

I sure if we want to we can try and get someone for behind closed doors game before Bury

Also I wonder if the club will try and get a friendly arranged for the weekend of 21st July since our QR1 2nd leg is now on the 17th July?

17th? How come? Is that Tuesday then?

Was thinking about this.

Look at our Euro opposition status as of today:

From the Shkupi website:

FC SKOPJE LAUNCHES MAJOR PREPARATIONS AT BOLU, TURKEY
Fc-Shkupi-Bolu-nisja.png

By Admin2 | 21 June, 2018
Leave a comment
FC Skopje closed the first phase of preparations in Skopje, developing a friendly against the Light of Gjilan (2-0 victory), starting today (Thursday) launches the second stage of preparations. The Eskspedita made up of football players and technical staff of FC Skopje, today headed for Turkey's Bolu, where will be the main stage of preparations for the new season in the First Football League of Macedonia and European competitions, since on 12 July , FC Skopje will be the guest of the Scottish squad of Gllazgow Rangers, within the first round of the Europa League qualifiers. In the training camp in Bolu, footballers and technical staff will stay until July 3, while in this period are also foreseen the development of 3 friendly or controlling matches. Right now it's safe with me On June 24, FC Skopje will test the forces with the Neftçi team from Azerbaijan. FC Skopje expedition will stay in Bolu, Turkey until July 3, when it is planned to return to Skopje and where will be the latest preparations ahead of the challenge with Glasgow Rangers.

SKOPJE ACCOMMODATED IN BOLU, FOOTBALLERS SETTLE DOWN WITH THE CLIMATE
DSC_2075.jpg

By Admin1 | 21 June, 2018
Leave a comment
The Skopje FC team in the afternoon has reached Turkish soil, more precisely in the mountainous village of Bolu, where it will pass the second stage of the exercise until July 3rd.

Undoubtedly good working conditions and favorable climate for footballers will have an impact on raising the level of preparations.

Shortly after arriving in Vonresort, coach Zekirija Ramadani along with his staff worked a lightweight training session so that footballers can adjust to the climate of this country.

Team staff has now arranged for me the first controlling match, which will be played on June 24, while the first opponent will be the team from Azerbaijan, Neftci Baku.

The Skopje team has so far played a convertible match, it was against the champions of Kosovo, FC Drita, which Skopje won with a score of 2: 0.

Please Al mate - we have to qualify. If we do then that might be a bit tight for the 2nd round? But it makes sense if possible.

;)

DEMIR: "WE WILL WELCOME THE SCOTS AS IT IS BEST"
35686945_10216765831328231_9208488815532965888_n.jpg

By Admin1 | 20 June, 2018
Leave a comment
The owner of FC Skopje, Shefshet Demiri was personally today in the draw of the draw in Nyon, Switzerland, where the team from Cair returns to the international arena after 14 years. For a great team and with a tradition like FC Shkodër, luck would have liked to have a great team of opponents both in the Scottish Championships and in the international arena, such as Glasgow Rangers.

After the draw Demiri had a meeting with representatives of Scottish club Andrew Dickson and had a talk to get to know the city and the clubs.

"Of course it was a very friendly meeting and we talked about many things. We are two clubs in the countries we respect have history and titles won, but in this case Rangers has a great achievement in the international arena. We have the same colors and we have flimsy fans. I promised that in Skopje they will have the best possible hospitality. But knowing that Skopje is in July with tropical temperatures, they are worried about how they will go to hot Skopje, "said the owner of FC Skopje, Shefshet Demiri, who from the moment when they were taught the possible names of opponents, wanted the lot to bring us Glasgow Rangers.

-------------------------------

That last bit - they arent scared. Lets not underestimate them Bears.

Please Al mate - we have to qualify. If we do then that might be a bit tight for the 2nd round? But it makes sense if possible.

;)

It is upto the club if wish to do something

Remember we have the friendly with Wigan already arranged for the 29th which in the middle of the QR2 round should we get through

It is upto the club if wish to do something

Remember we have the friendly with Wigan already arranged for the 29th which in the middle of the QR2 round should we get through

Oh dear God - I could not bear that again. Walking back from that game after the highs of the day was so hard. My youngest was in bits.

All in thouhg I would say that Luxembourg was the best prepared Euro city Ive ever been to.

The Police even stopped the rush hour traffic and allowed us to march to the stadium.

Back