Ladbrokes - Copland Rd no more

Faure there’s not a team

Noticed on Saturday that the ladbrokes on the Copland Rd is no more. The shop has been stripped but looks like a re-fit is taking place, the signage outside has all gone and there’s a black background (might just be an undercoat right enough).

Has anybody got their ear to the ground and know what’s taking it’s place?

Noticed on Saturday that the ladbrokes on the Copland Rd is no more. The shop has been stripped but looks like a re-fit is taking place, the signage outside has all gone and there’s a black background (might just be an undercoat right enough).

Has anybody got their ear to the ground and know what’s taking it’s place?
Probably a William Hill. Surprised theyve shut that one, probably took a lot of money on matchdays. Maybe a bit quiet and out the way at other times.

Bookies are shutting down all over the place, being busy for a few hours every 2nd Saturday and the odd midweek night won't be enough to justify keeping a shop open especially with a bigger shop across the road and probably more importantly the fact that very few people physically go into a bookies nowadays, nearly everyone I know bets online or thru the apps on their phones.

Bookies are shutting down all over the place, being busy for a few hours every 2nd Saturday and the odd midweek night won't be enough to justify keeping a shop open especially with a bigger shop across the road and probably more importantly the fact that very few people physically go into a bookies nowadays, nearly everyone I know bets online or thru the apps on their phones.
You still get a lot of punters who come in just to play the machines though, and old cuunts like me still like to put money over the counter and get the cash in hand they odd time we win. Think youre point about the location and competition is probably right.

Many bookies sprung up all over the place due to these blood sucking machines in them, 1 or 2 punters on them was enough to keep them open thru the week. That market is no longer there so much and will hasten their demise.

There’s still a market for bookies but as above there will be more closures due to FOBT’s going to £2 a spin . By law your only allowed 4 per shop which is why so many opened .

Saw a fella in the Main Stand on Saturday arguing with the Unibet staff behind the counter, telling them it was out of order he has to set up a online account to collect his winnings .

i cant remember the last time i was in a bookies - online betting is just so much easier - the cash out option is king !!

The one that was closest to me shut down about 6 year ago.

The one closest after that 2 year ago.

Then you get into the town centre and there’s literally 9/10 shops in a 2 mile radius and about 6, streets apart :D.

Local Ladbrokes closed here a few months back. Online is where most folk are heading for their betting these days

About 10 year ago, the staff at Ladbrokes could claim 10k if they found them a new site, they were intent on catching up with Hills at the time. Since the amalgamation with Coral, they now close one of the shops if they’re near one another unless they’re both taking a few quid.
Its the machines that make them the money in the shops now.

They opened so many because those machines were guaranteed profit. Probably with the pandemic it has got people out of the habit or accelerated a move to online.

Our town had two Ladbrokes, ones closed but the other seems to be mobbed. Been in it three times recently, and each time I was surprised just how busy it was.

Talking about mid day on a Thursday as well, not 2:30 on a Saturday!

The gambling industry in this country is out of control and its just as big a scourge on working class people as the drink.

Ladbrokes only care about maximising profit - they are complete scumbags. I'm sure the other companies are just as bad.

Nothing wrong with a punt but the way the industry is in this country is a fucking disgrace.

FOBTs are a cancer on society.

Saw a fella in the Main Stand on Saturday arguing with the Unibet staff behind the counter, telling them it was out of order he has to set up a online account to collect his winnings .
This is correct.

I placed a bet in hospitality for us to win 3-0 and thought I’d collect at the end of the game.

Was told the guy doesn’t come back round and I had to set up an account online.

I have done this and still haven’t received my winnings

Back