Ladbrokes - Copland Rd no more

I think bookies will go the way of banks in that technology means that we use them less often. Already happened with video shops.

This is correct.

I placed a bet in hospitality for us to win 3-0 and thought I’d collect at the end of the game.

Was told the guy doesn’t come back round and I had to set up an account online.

I have done this and still haven’t received my winnings
The fella was not best pleased and I thought the boy behind the counter couldn't care less with the way he was shrugging his shoulders

The gambling industry in this country is out of control and its just as big a scourge on working class people as the drink.

Ladbrokes only care about maximising profit - they are complete scumbags. I'm sure the other companies are just as bad.

Nothing wrong with a punt but the way the industry is in this country is a fucking disgrace.

FOBTs are a cancer on society.
Ahh there it is, any thread on bookies wouldn't be complete without someone having a cry about how bookies are the devil preying on innocent working class people.

Lot of pish

A statement that could never be proven either way purely because of what cash out is.
It can be proven and has been, by the bookmakers themselves.

It’s relatively easy for them, they collate what they paid out on cashed out bets and what they would have paid out, or not, if the bet had been allowed to run.

WRT to shop closures, loss making shops get closed almost right away now, although some get a short term promo budget to see if it turns the shop around.

Borderline shops are vulnerable around lease renewal time. If a landlord doesn’t agree to a short term lease the bookmakers will generally not renew.

Cash out loses money for punters, it only exists to make more money for the bookies.
Of course it does, what are you after - 11/10 each side on a tennis match?

It’s a horrible industry but bloody hell - what are you wanting?

Mate, I'm just saying I dont use cash out, no need to get upset about it. :D
Ha, not getting upset pal, just makes me laugh when people think declaring cash out is poor for the punter is clever. I’m a punter as much as a trader.

Ha ha, so it is. Maybe why its shutting. Ladbrokes give a fair bit shitier odds on an Acca than anyone but Corals.

They are owned by the same company and their online odds are almost identical, Ladbrokes are usually better than anyone with their online price boost when it comes to accas. Paddy Power are by far the worst for odds.

They are owned by the same company and their online odds are almost identical, Ladbrokes are usually better than anyone with their online price boost when it comes to accas. Paddy Power are by far the worst for odds.
Ladbrokes prices on the coupons are pish compared to about every one else. And cos i dont bet online its ladbrokes i use most often cos its the only one in my town. Quite often i have put on bigger bets for one off matches or teams to win tournaments so ive looked on oddschecker to get the price beforehand and nearly always ladbrokes have the worst prices.

Ladbrokes prices on the coupons are pish compared to about every one else. And cos i dont bet online its ladbrokes i use most often cos its the only one in my town. Quite often i have put on bigger bets for one off matches or teams to win tournaments so ive looked on oddschecker to get the price beforehand and nearly always ladbrokes have the worst prices.
You could take it as a complement, maybe they fancy the same thing as you so are ducking them. Granted it’s unlikely - the overround is the key, not the single price.

Cash out is the worst thing to happen to punters since fobts were introduced .
Nonsense. I've won far more than I've lost thanks to cash out. Last week I cashed out for about 90% of my winnings just before a team scored which meant I would've got nothing before cash out came along.

Nonsense. I've won far more than I've lost thanks to cash out. Last week I cashed out for about 90% of my winnings just before a team scored which meant I would've got nothing before cash out came along.

Lol.

Back