Lafferty and Defoe doubtful for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be Arfield for me. Great finisher and good at linking up play. I’m amazed so many would play Kent as a no 9, his finishing and heading is poor.

I don’t rate Arfield particularly highly as a finisher.

Plus he isn’t fast enough to play as a striker.

Look at Kent’s finishes against Hamilton, Livingston and St Mirren - all very nice.

I don’t rate Arfield particularly highly as a finisher.

Plus he isn’t fast enough to play as a striker.

Look at Kent’s finishes against Hamilton, Livingston and St Mirren - all very nice.
If Lafferty and Defoe both out, has to be Middleton or Kent through the middle and the other on the left.

Difficult to legislate for 3 centre forwards being unavailable at any given time. But hey, it is what it is , and it’s a tough call but hey, that’s probably why I am a cooncil joiner and Stevie G is the the boss of the most successful club in world football.

If Defoe and Lafferty do indeed end up missing out we need to play it on the deck through the middle, not attempt to shell it high into their box as their defence will lap that up all day long. Kent and Middleton need to step up here.

Our luck is utter shite.

Defoe clearly done some thing at a Rugby Park mid 2nd half, on that absolutely abomination of a plastic pitch. Morelos and Rangers have been cheated and Lafferty is, well Kyle Lafferty. An injury prone forward.

Will take any win tomorrow.

Our luck is utter shite.

Defoe clearly done some thing at a Rugby Park mid 2nd half, on that absolutely abomination of a plastic pitch. Morelos and Rangers have been cheated and Lafferty is, well Kyle Lafferty. An injury prone forward.

Will take any win tomorrow.
Morelos not being able to play has nothing to do With luck

Nearly fell off my seat when i heard this while watching the press conference. Here’s hoping both make it, start, and bang in 6 goals between them.

Back to the Aberdeen semi final again, but at least there's no Sadiq!

I'll be surprised if neither makes it, but if that does happen we should go with a front 3 of Candeias, Middleton and Kent. Tell them to keep interchanging, and tell the rest to keep the ball on the deck.

Why tell them at this point.

Mental
Maybe head games? He did say both were doing light training today, so hopefully one or both might make it tomorrow

Even if they dont make it, it could force St.J to be more adventurous than normal and open up space for Candeias and Kent to exploit

The way Gerrard was talking in the interview I heard, I fully expect Lafferty or Defoe to start. He was basically asking players to take a risk with their injuries. I don’t know what the issue with Lafferty is but I think he is more likely to start given that Defoe has a hamstring issue. It’s strange that both have been pictured at training today though after being declared doubtful. Apologies if this has been covered above, I haven’t read through all the pages of this thread.

Agree with the guys saying Middleton if Defoe and Lafferty are out, great finisher but we’ll have to keep the ball in the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back