Lafferty charged by SFA, possible 10 game ban

Anybody old enough to have gone to a Rangers v Celtic game from the 70’s will tell you that both sets of supporters sang exactly the same song going into the final minutes when they were winning.
This thread is about Kyle Lafferty - not about the H word.

That particular slur is not used in the sense it was in the 70s and now has sectarian connotations.

How else do you explain "h** school", "h** church", "kill all h**s", etc.?

Anybody old enough to have gone to a Rangers v Celtic game from the 70’s will tell you that both sets of supporters sang exactly the same song going into the final minutes when they were winning.

I went in the 70s and totally agree, they sang their songs, we sang ours.

Then, in the 80s and 90s the big giant offended bus drew up and since then only one community has been demonized and subjected to an onslaught from Yahoo dominated media and politicians in this wee shitehole.

This thread is about Kyle Lafferty - not about the H word.

That particular slur is not used in the sense it was in the 70s and now has sectarian connotations.

How else do you explain "h** school", "h** church", "kill all h**s", etc.?
I genuinely don’t understand your last sentence. My point was in response to the poster Family Bam . Both Rangers and Celtic used the term hun ina derogatory sense in the 70’s towards each other. It faded away from our songbook and they stuck with it.

Then, in the 80s and 90s the big giant offended bus drew up and since then only one community has been demonized and subjected to an onslaught from Yahoo dominated media and politicians in this wee shitehole.
I agree .

I genuinely don’t understand your last sentence. My point was in response to the poster Family Bam . Both Rangers and Celtic used the term hun ina derogatory sense in the 70’s towards each other. It faded away from our songbook and they stuck with it.

Surely to f.uck you understand that they call Hearts , Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc, etc Huns?

Surely??

Why??

Surely to f.uck you understand that they call Hearts , Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc, etc Huns?

Surely??

Why??
Yep I do understand that in relation to Rangers and Hearts.. My point is still the same. In Scotland we have derogatory names for Protestants and Catholics and they all have a logical start point. The term hun , forgetting about Attilla, was used against Germans. It must have been into the 80’s that the Rangers supporters dropped that song. Other than our support getting bored with the song there is no logic why the term should relate to us more than them. Yes, I know that term now is termed sectarian so don’t need to get into that debate.

Please tell me how what Lafferty is alleged to have said fits into the rule below? Any lawyer worth their salt would rip this apart.

The striker has been charged under Rule 81, which reads: “No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall (i) use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or actions which include(s) a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic religion, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability or (ii) carry out any act of victimisation (as defined in Equality Act 2010) or any act of discrimination by reason of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, age, pregnancy, maternity, marital status or civil partnership, unless otherwise permitted by law and the rules and regulations of the Scottish FA.”

If you stay in west-central Scotland you hear the h-word being used in an overtly sectarian manner.

As has happened in Northern Ireland.
Yep, I get that. Strange that a word that was used as anti- Nazi during WW2 then used by both Rangers/Celtic has morphed into a sectarian slur against Protestants.

A slap on the wrist is enough or fans will go around filming and provoking players to get them a ban which is ridiculous! If anything unless happens during a match or within grounds it should not be a S(selling) FA issue!

Griffiths was done by the law of the land. He was found guilty in a court of law - but, never received any punishment.

I'm sure Griffiths eventually got a 2 game ban for his racism, but it took almost a year before he appeared before the SFA for punishment. I don't think Kyle will receive the same leniency. The SFA, the tabloids and the discredited farce that are NBM, however, will milk this for all its worth.

Please tell me how what Lafferty is alleged to have said fits into the rule below? Any lawyer worth their salt would rip this apart.

The striker has been charged under Rule 81, which reads: “No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall (i) use offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or actions which include(s) a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic religion, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability or (ii) carry out any act of victimisation (as defined in Equality Act 2010) or any act of discrimination by reason of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, age, pregnancy, maternity, marital status or civil partnership, unless otherwise permitted by law and the rules and regulations of the Scottish FA.”
As things stand, he has already been disciplined by the Irish FA who sent him packing. According to Kilmarnock, they have also fined him and brought in that one-sided charity.

How can the Scottish FA take anything to do with this when the Irish FA have already dealt with the matter and his club?

How many times can you punish a person for a crime.

Back to Griffiths.....SFA claim they want to wait until the outcome of a police investigation. The same SFA who banned Duncan Ferguson for the same thing that put him in jail....(on top of his previous of course).

It stinks!

As things stand, he has already been disciplined by the Irish FA who sent him packing. According to Kilmarnock, they have also fined him and brought in that one-sided charity.

How can the Scottish FA take anything to do with this when the Irish FA have already dealt with the matter and his club?

How many times can you punish a person for a crime.

Back to Griffiths.....SFA claim they want to wait until the outcome of a police investigation. The same SFA who banned Duncan Ferguson for the same thing that put him in jail....(on top of his previous of course).

It stinks!

Fair point. If he is on international duty when this happened does that mean he is under the jurisdiction of the Irish FA or both?

The striker has been charged under Rule 81, which reads: “No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall

Goes back to the 90's when political correctness took hold in this country.

They immediately jumped on the bandwagon of being part of oppressed minorities. Since then it has got a whole lot worse. The majority in the uk have no say any more, anything they do say has them classed as racists and bigots. Up here in Scotland we are that majority. No politician will speak on the majorities behalf or they'll be out of a job. Jon Snows comments about never seeing so many white people in london when Brexit went through is where we are.

For a long time, I always thought it was just the uk and America that had this stuff going on, but going by recent events in italy and sweden, not to mention, spain,france and others, it's all over the west. We're harming ourselves from within.

What he said was always going to end in a punishment.

But how can saying something in a night club get a much heavier ban than a player who injures a fellow professional with a reckless or violent tackle?
Because Poreuos is Baresi

Or crabnaako etc

Yep I do understand that in relation to Rangers and Hearts.. My point is still the same. In Scotland we have derogatory names for Protestants and Catholics and they all have a logical start point. The term hun , forgetting about Attilla, was used against Germans. It must have been into the 80’s that the Rangers supporters dropped that song. Other than our support getting bored with the song there is no logic why the term should relate to us more than them. Yes, I know that term now is termed sectarian so don’t need to get into that debate.
For goodness sake, Hun is an anti Protestant hate crime term in the manner that its used against our support and the PUL community.

Kyle Laffery is a career clown and has wasted the talent he was given. i have zero sympathy for repeat idiots who bring problems on themselves.

That said, indeed, what does any of this have to do with the SFA?

How did Kyle "bring this on himself"? He did not ask this scum fan to go to him and start annoying him!
Hes got to be a bit smarter than what he was and in particular as a person whos been in Hot water at clubs for his behaviour before.

Im not suggesting the guy trying to get a rise isnt what you are, I agree totally, but surely if you rise to it youre a fool?

Hes got to be a bit smarter than what he was and in particular as a person whos been in Hot water at clubs for his behaviour before.

Im not suggesting the guy trying to get a rise isnt what you are, I agree totally, but surely if you rise to it youre a fool?
Or put another way, he has to stop being targeted because he's a Protestant who has previously played for us.

The crux of the matter here is that the SFA has ridden roughshod over the IFA.

Surely the IFA was responsible for Lafferty at the time.

Is there anything resembling a precedent for this type of action?

Or put another way, he has to stop being targeted because he's a Protestant who has previously played for us.
Well as I said hes got to be smarter.

Not only himself but really anyone whos played for Rangers and continues to ply their trade in Scotland is open to being treated differently than others should they get into problems.

Lafferty could play for any number of clubs for any length of time and when something like this comes up he will be linked to Rangers in terms of the incident.

Which, of course, is the very reason the SFA have stepped in where they have no actual business.

So there is no other way really, be smart of take the Scottish Bias.

The crux of the matter here is that the SFA has ridden roughshod over the IFA.

Surely the IFA was responsible for Lafferty at the time.

Is there anything resembling a precedent for this type of action?
I searched last night and I couldn't find anything similar.

So, Lafferty COULD get a 10 game ban for this.

Leigh Griffiths still hasn't received any punishment for kicking a flare into a group of fans.
It beggars belief. He didn’t even get a ban for asking a 15 year old for nudes but they’re throwing the kitchen sink at Lafferty for retaliating and calls some lads f*nians? Welcome to Scotland in 2022.

Well as I said hes got to be smarter.

Not only himself but really anyone whos played for Rangers and continues to ply their trade in Scotland is open to being treated differently than others should they get into problems.

Lafferty could play for any number of clubs for any length of time and when something like this comes up he will be linked to Rangers in terms of the incident.

Which, of course, is the very reason the SFA have stepped in where they have no actual business.

So there is no other way really, be smart of take the Scottish Bias.
Sorry but, thats nonsense! Just put up with being treated in an unequal manner! Why on earth should he or any Rangers player have to do that? He should refuse to accept any punishment he will probably get and fight this with the help of a Lawyer as this has sod all to do with the SFA

Sorry but, thats nonsense! Just put up with being treated in an unequal manner! Why on earth should he or any Rangers player have to do that? He should refuse to accept any punishment he will probably get and fight this with the help of a Lawyer as this has sod all to do with the SFA
I said be smart not put up with.

Reacting is stupid, giving it neither the time or interest it deserves is smart.

He made his choice and here we are.

As for fighting it, now that would be nonsense because given the charge to try and have it reduced or binned would give the suggestion of not accepting it was wrong or similar. The SFA know this of course, hence the action.

Kilmarnock and Lafferty will accept the ban because an appeal would look bad publicly, not that it would have a chance of succeeding anyway.

Such is life in the backwaters of Scotland and Scottish Football.

Use of the term 'Hun' is as bad. Griffiths should have got more.

However, neither of those things change the fact that Kyle Lafferty acted like an idiot and used a term which is derogatory about a religion in the eyes of the law. Its clear in their rules. He will get whatever punishment is coming to him. 2 wrongs dont make a right unfortunately no matter how !, or any of us feels about the words used.

The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Jesus. Sounds like an enjoyable session for Kyle :(

I said be smart not put up with.

Reacting is stupid, giving it neither the time or interest it deserves is smart.

He made his choice and here we are.

As for fighting it, now that would be nonsense because given the charge to try and have it reduced or binned would give the suggestion of not accepting it was wrong or similar. The SFA know this of course, hence the action.

Kilmarnock and Lafferty will accept the ban because an appeal would look bad publicly, not that it would have a chance of succeeding anyway.

Such is life in the backwaters of Scotland and Scottish Football.
He was not representing Scottish football at the time of this incident,he was there due to International duty for NI. Of course he should fight it as it is nothing to do with the SFA.

The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

I would have been questioning NBM as to why they never comment on the numerous occassions that Kyle has been subjected to anti Protestant sectarian abuse by Celtic fans.They were at it when Killie played them in August.

They’ll be fully introducing Kyle to the double standard.

Use of the term 'Hun' is as bad. Griffiths should have got more.

However, neither of those things change the fact that Kyle Lafferty acted like an idiot and used a term which is derogatory about a religion in the eyes of the law. Its clear in their rules. He will get whatever punishment is coming to him. 2 wrongs dont make a right unfortunately no matter how !, or any of us feels about the words used.
Punishement from whom? The SFA, an organisation trying to punish a player who was on International duty so, nothing to do with them.

Punishement from whom? The SFA, an organisation trying to punish a player who was on International duty so, nothing to do with them.
a player who plays in their league. I am not saying I fully agree with it, but it is why its happened. Kudela on Kamara was obviously much, much worse but he was banned from all games (including internationals), while representing his club in europe and rightly so. Just the way it operates.

Back