Lafferty charged by SFA, possible 10 game ban

a player who plays in their league. I am not saying I fully agree with it, but it is why its happened. Kudela on Kamara was obviously much, much worse but he was banned from all games (including internationals), while representing his club in europe and rightly so. Just the way it operates.
He was not representing Killie at the time of the incident,he was reprrsenting NI

This has shades of Duncan Ferguson’s case where the SFA prejudiced his court case by finding him guilty before the trial had started.
It is ,its also strange Kyle has been charged in the same week the TV deal is annouced by the Speccy twat .This is them saying,we run this and can do what we want.

2004 I think.

CERTAINLY O'Neill did in 2004 when we had beaten them and he dragged Lennon down to the Broomloan and could clearly be seen saying "Don't worry about these orange bar stewards".
I don’t recall him being accused of that at all. Lennon definitely was caught on camera shouting ‘orange bastards’ at our bench though.

Making stuff if or exaggerating things doesn’t really help our case at all. Stick to things that happened and can be proven.

Can't believe the quarter of the country that's mentally unstable runs Scottish football. We are so basic and grey that you'd honestly think our league started 5 years ago.
There are zero positive and forward thinking ideas and outlooks from any sort of authority with a genuine point of view, they are held by the rage hand that demands action against specific and selective things. Our intelegance levels at the top of the game and at decision level are truly moronic and I genuinely believe that its plain for everyone to see based on their track record of baffling and inhumane decision making.
Punishment for lafferty is fine but the point is simple, make sure that style of policing is across the board. It's very, very simple stuff.
If you had to represent Scottish football with an object I'd say a nappy with barbed wire mashed into it is very apt. Why protect something so shity?

Yet the Celtic supporters sing songs mocking Rangers legends and top it off by their absolute disgraceful behaviour towards Her Majesty and not one bit of condemnation from the Authorities who run the game and as to be expected no comments from Celtic Football Club either.Now they are going to hang Laffery out to dry how very convenient for them that they can throw all their weight behind this .

So as an individual they are going to cite Laffery for what they deem offensive comments but it’s ok for the Celtic Supporters to abuse him by calling him an Orange Bastard and Hun when he plays against them,they should be asked where they stand on this matter.

I don’t recall him being accused of that at all. Lennon definitely was caught on camera shouting ‘orange bastards’ at our bench though.

Making stuff if or exaggerating things doesn’t really help our case at all. Stick to things that happened and can be proven.
Which is the bigger question - why didn't the mhedia go to town? It was so clear even I could lip-read it!

To the point where I was even embarrased for Lennon!

He should tell them to ram it up their hoop and go and play out his days in China, Saudi, Qatar or some other place where the won’t be interested in the SFA’s fuuckin rules.
It's Kyle Lafferty mate, not Ronaldo. Nobody in the middle east is going to be interested in signing him.

Yet the Celtic supporters sing songs mocking Rangers legends and top it off by their absolute disgraceful behaviour towards Her Majesty and not one bit of condemnation from the Authorities who run the game and as to be expected no comments from Celtic Football Club either.Now they are going to hang Laffery out to dry how very convenient for them that they can throw all their weight behind this .
The people who run the game in scotland the untouchables are scum pure and simple , we all know who they are.

KL was right, but still got caught out badly. Was a bit on the daft side to say it publicly, we know every man and their dog videos everything these days.

Which is the bigger question - why didn't the mhedia go to town? It was so clear even I could lip-read it!

To the point where I was even embarrased for Lennon!
I was there, I vividly remember seeing O’Neil make a lady's front bottom of himself (and Lennon looking embarrassed by it). I remember the fallout from it on here and in the media. Today is the first time I have heard that specific accusation towards O’Neill.

I’d love for you to show me proof and prove me wrong. O’Neill is/was the most poisonous individual Scottish football has seen in my lifetime.

I think we need to stop comparing Lafferty's "crime" with what fans chant or sing. The precedent here needs to be about players who play in Scotland.
If it's about fans, then we can't really deny that we have occasionally sung or chanted something that could be offensive to others, and it opens up a can of worms that would see us no doubt punished way more often than anyone else because of who we are.

This Leigh Griffiths incident and the SFA punishment should be the comparison. Griffiths was playing in Scotland, was caught on film chanting something deemed discriminatory and offensive, and was even found guilty in a court about it. He got a fine and a suspended 2 game ban which he never served. Lafferty's lawyers should be pointing to that.

I think we need to stop comparing Lafferty's "crime" with what fans chant or sing. The precedent here needs to be about players who play in Scotland.
If it's about fans, then we can't really deny that we have occasionally sung or chanted something that could be offensive to others, and it opens up a can of worms that would see us no doubt punished way more often than anyone else because of who we are.

This Leigh Griffiths incident and the SFA punishment should be the comparison. Griffiths was playing in Scotland, was caught on film chanting something deemed discriminatory and offensive, and was even found guilty in a court about it. He got a fine and a suspended 2 game ban which he never served. Lafferty's lawyers should be pointing to that.

I understand what you are saying but, the media and Scottish football authorities stay silent on the behaviour of the Celtic support constantly
Rules of the SPFL

Page 107/108 - Their fans on a regular basis sing their are supporters of the IRA and on a regular basis sing and chant to Kyle Lafferty he is an Orange Bast*rd . Celtic are responsible for their fans.

Rule 29.3- Celtic allowed their fans in to their stadium with banners that were aimed at Rangers fans and using language on said banners that was sectarian and discriminatory-beach of the rules!

"
Rule H29.3 religious group means a group of persons defined by reference to their religious belief or lack of religious belief, membership of or adherence to a church or religious organisation, support for the culture and traditions of a church or religious organisation and/or participation in activities associated with such a culture or such traditions. .

Although he should can he go down the legal route against the SFA if he has admitted it?

He could argue that the SFA is acting outside its jurisdiction.

Would the FA intervene in a case involving English-based Scottish players representing the national team? The media up here would go ballistic.

Would the FA intervene in a case involving English-based Scottish players representing the national team? The media up here would go ballistic.
For me the SFA, play fast and loose with their own rules. Ryan Porteous has a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a tumbler and he was" rewarded" and picked to play for the Scotland team even after this conviction.

"

Which should be his first port of call

His club hasn't got a good record supporting non RC employees when they get religious and racial abuse. But have a wee laugh at an ex manager and the whole of scotshit football,press and their club are in uproar. They seem to have thrown Lafferty under a bus before a hearing. What chance does he have. This country seems to have an unwritten law where protestants cannot protest without some charge being thrown at them. Taking abuse almost every day must have made him angry enough to do what he did.

Lafferty was stupid to react but took the bait. However, I find his club’s reaction to be hypocritical. When one of their own players was the subject of sectarian abuse by three thousand people and which was broadcast to the nation the reaction of their then manager was that it was ’banter’. The SFA ignored it. What has changed?

Lafferty was stupid to react but took the bait. However, I find his club’s reaction to be hypocritical. When one of their own players was the subject of sectarian abuse by three thousand people and which was broadcast to the nation the reaction of their then manager was that it was ’banter’. The SFA ignored it. What has changed?
You're 100% right. If this is to be the criteria why are Scotland's finest not going into the septic end en masse to enforce the law.

For me the SFA, play fast and loose with their own rules. Ryan Porteous has a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a tumbler and he was" rewarded" and picked to play for the Scotland team even after this conviction.

"
Was he convicted of that
EDIT never mind, I see that he was. Prick of a boy.

Last edited:
Was he convicted of that?
Yes, he admitted his guilt was convicted and had to pay the female costs and he got a fine of £320. So, he assaults a female and gets a Scotland call up but Lafferty says a word to a bloke and someone the SFA think that's more serious! Like I said above, I honestly do not remember the SFA citing Porteus for this!

Lafferty was daft to react. Sadly it’s the way of the world now with the way phones and social media are. Even more so tho considering his children go to a catholic school and he married his ex in a chapel. Would think he would have a bit more savvy about him.

It's times like these where we see the true colours of the SFA.

We can list numerous cases where players have gotten away with minimal punishment.

It won't change.

The use of the word 19th Century Terrorist will be used a lot more by the tramps now as they face no punishment whatsoever.

2022 Scotland is embarrassing.

Lafferty was daft to react. Sadly it’s the way of the world now with the way phones and social media are. Even more so tho considering his children go to a catholic school and he married his ex in a chapel. Would think he would have a bit more savvy about him.
He was caught unaware on a night out, probably had already had a few drinks in him!

Yes, he admitted his guilt was convicted and had to pay the female costs and he got a fine of £320. So, he assaults a female and gets a Scotland call up but Lafferty says a word to a bloke and someone the SFA think that's more serious! Like I said above, I honestly do not remember the SFA citing Porteus for this!

Great post, captcavemen. Why isn't Porteous facing a ban for an off the pitch incident in which a woman was violently assaulted by Porteous.?

Great post, captcavemen. Why isn't Porteous facing a ban for an off the pitch incident in which a woman was violently assaulted by Porteous.?
To me, This is saying that the SFA view Lafferty making a comment to a Celtic fan as more serious than Porteous hitting a female with a tumbler and bursting her head open as ,when you attack a female that opens the door for a call up to the national team!

Just imagine our fans with a banner " Fcuk the Vatican " what the meltdown would be from the press , the SFA/SPFL , The Polis , Holyrood......Celtc f.c. and their fan base , yet you wouldn't think that the recent banner with" fcuk the crown " ever even happened......?

To me, This is saying that the SFA view Lafferty making a comment to a Celtic fan as more serious than Porteous hitting a female with a tumbler and bursting her head open as ,when you attack a female that opens the door for a call up to the national team!

Kyle's lawyer should be all over the double standards regarding Porteous not being banned for violently assaulting a woman. Words are obviously more offensive to the SFA than actual violence.

Kyle's lawyer should be all over the double standards regarding Porteous not being banned for violently assaulting a woman. Words are obviously more offensive to the SFA than actual violence.
I hope so as this says so much about the importance that the SFA holds abuse against women vs saying something to a bloke. For them to cite Lafferty for saying a word to a bloke but to fail to cite Porteous to admit in court his court and have a criminal conviction for assaulting a female with a tumbler .

The question then is what is more important to the SFA , The safety of females or Kyle Lafferty saying a word to a bloke!

Where were the one sided charity NBM when only a matter of weeks ago Lafferty and the Kilmarnock manager were subjected to Vile Anti Protestant sectarianism throughout the match by the Celtic support

Where were his club also highlighting what their player and manager were subjected to

Lafferty has been hung out to dry here by his club and he should “ call it out “

There’s bigotry and hatred out there just not the type you’ll ever read about

Selectarainism in its finest …..

Where were the one sided charity NBM when only a matter of weeks ago Lafferty and the Kilmarnock manager were subjected to Vile Anti Protestant sectarianism throughout the match by the Celtic support

Where were his club also highlighting what their player and manager were subjected to

Lafferty has been hung out to dry here by his club and he should “ call it out “

There’s bigotry and hatred out there just not the type you’ll ever read about

Selectarainism in its finest …..
That is exactly what I asked on Twitter to a another poster who had been in a convo with Dave Scott from NBM. I asked why did NBM say nothing when actor Dougie Hanshall was using the sectarian Hun term and where are NBM when Kyle Lafferty is constantly being subjected to sectarianism and chants that he is an Orange Bast*rd and Hun from the celtic support when ever killie face celtic? There was zero response from Scott and just constant abuse from the other poster and when I kep stating NBM was a sham organisation that fails to call out anti Protestant hate crime.

I got banned by Scott!

Back