Lafferty / David Tanner argument on Twitter

TibbsyBear

Anyone know the background to this. What was the apparent ‘conflict’, if any.

Kyle Lafferty gets into Twitter spat with TV presenter David Tanner

The Northern Irishman responded to a comment by the broadcaster which insisted Lafferty had been causing trouble behind the scenes prior to his exit from Ibrox in 2012.

Tanner had been debating with supporters over the perception of Steven Naismith, who also left Rangers at the time of the club’s financial implosion. Responding to one Twitter user, Tanner wrote: “Lafferty is lauded and he was causing bother even before Green got his claws in the club. Stop. Go back. Re-examine Naismith.”

Lafferty discovered the tweet and shot back: “Causing bother within the club [laughing emojis] talk some s*** you do David. Jog on mate.” Tanner then attempted to diffuse the situation, saying: “Now, now! There was conflict, big man!” However, the striker was having none of it, ending the back-and-forth with: “Once a [bell emoji] always a bell.”

Tanner was giving it the "Davie Provan is spot on as usual" when he claimed "for a club surviving on handouts it should be a no brainer" (to bring Naismith back)

When it was pointed out to Tanner it was the same Provan who bores us to death with his "Mike Ashley was chased away by ungrateful Rangers fans" spiel every week he changed tack and said "Yeah, you've got a point. Who knows what he was up to"

Actual Tanner tweet "Davie Provan is, as per, totally bang-on in his Sun column today. Still the best read of any week. Setting aside Naisy’s quality, Old Firm & Champs Lge goals, he should be put in Rangers’ Hall of Fame just for having told Charles Green to do one. A bloody good judge of character."

Tanner was giving it the "Davie Provan is spot on as usual" when he claimed "for a club surviving on handouts it should be a no brainer" (to bring Naismith back)

As daft as saying I should demolish the house I own because I'm having to spend money on maintaining it !

FFS, surviving on handouts...?

Tanner is correct. Lafferty was heavily fined and suspended for 2 weeks for missing the bus to Tynecastle and feeding us with some bullshit excuse for it.

This was whilst we were in administration. He’s a clown.

Who are these people telling Rangers fans how we should feel as if they're some kind of higher power.

It's insulting and patronising.

Lafferty may have been a tricky customer, I don't doubt he was. However to tell us how to react to Naismith is infuriating. Hall of fame? Away play with traffic.

"Davie Provan is, as per, totally bang-on in his Sun column today. Still the best read of any week"

If any comment was needed to illustrate how much of a bellend Tanner is .... It's right there.

two cheeks of the same pimply arse. both are non-people as far as i'm concerned.DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE BREATHING SPACE!

Tanner was a car crash of a sport presenter. He couldn’t do that job he was well rewarded for.

His opinion on anything else is worthless.

If my memory serves me right there was stories at the time of McCoist being unhappy with Lafferty's attitude. Which is astonishing when you think about it in hindsight.

The most embarrassing thing about this is Tanner trying to go back on what he says and being all buddy buddy with Lafferty.

If my memory serves me right there was stories at the time of McCoist being unhappy with Lafferty's attitude. Which is astonishing when you think about it in hindsight.

The most embarrassing thing about this is Tanner trying to go back on what he says and being all buddy buddy with Lafferty.
I thought he and Smith had words with Boyd

Tanner is obviously one of Naismith's buddies.

Lafferty fell out with Weir up at Aberdeen, infact Weir had him by the throat at one point.

However during admin Naismith was one of them dragging his heels over the pay cut to the point McCulloch and McGregor were furious with him, iv heard him and McGregor came to blows however that may just be hearsay.

Then he does that press conference....... The guy is a scumbag.

Tanner was a car crash of a sport presenter. He couldn’t do that job he was well rewarded for.

His opinion on anything else is worthless.

We are all entitled to our opinion, someone has a different one of him than yours as he’s now earning 4x his previous salary working for Bein sports.

Glad to see the mhedia being called out . This should be the position of anyone connected to Rangers currently or in the past . Take no shite and take no prisoners.

I was up in Pitlochry once in a wee cafe with the wife and kids and in stoats this big blonde darlin'. She was older but you could tell that when she was in her 20s she would have been absolutely bangin'.

Who shuffles in behind her? Yup, that wee scrote Tanner sporting a pair of pink chinos. Smarmy wee dick.

Struggling to remember Naismith scoring in the Champions League..... anyone help me out?

I was up in Pitlochry once in a wee cafe with the wife and kids and in stoats this big blonde darlin'. She was older but you could tell that when she was in her 20s she would have been absolutely bangin'.

Who shuffles in behind her? Yup, that wee scrote Tanner sporting a pair of pink chinos. Smarmy wee dick.

He reminds me of Jonathan Watson’s McAvennie but with dark hair.

When it was pointed out to Tanner it was the same Provan who bores us to death with his "Mike Ashley was chased away by ungrateful Rangers fans" spiel every week he changed tack and said "Yeah, you've got a point. Who knows what he was up to"

Actual Tanner tweet "Davie Provan is, as per, totally bang-on in his Sun column today. Still the best read of any week. Setting aside Naisy’s quality, Old Firm & Champs Lge goals, he should be put in Rangers’ Hall of Fame just for having told Charles Green to do one. A bloody good judge of character."

I better not put that in The Naismith thread :)

Lafferty fell out with Weir up at Aberdeen, infact Weir had him by the throat at one point.

However during admin Naismith was one of them dragging his heels over the pay cut to the point McCulloch and McGregor were furious with him, iv heard him and McGregor came to blows however that may just be hearsay.

100% pish

The hold up with the deal was the senior players wanted assurances about the non playing staff being kept on.

The conduct of McGregor as opposed to Naismith at the time of administration couldn’t have been more different.

*You're* not willing to face facts.

It came from a member of the RFFF committee and is 100% true.

McGregor was gutted.

The only thing McGregor asked for at the time of the paycut was a transfer fee release clause to be inserted into his contract should it be required in the summer. He was the first to put his hand up to whatever paycut was required.

Naismith and his pal Whittaker? The exact opposite, no matter how much some might argue his case on here. Him and his wee agent pal Peter MacLean were welcome to each other.

Back