Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told this from a guy a few weeks ago that I was at school with. His Dad, who I know as well, works for Hearts and "looks after" the players that are out on loan (no idea what that job actually entails but that's what he does).

According to him Lafferty is due Budge a fortune and until Hearts get what he is due her plus the fee they want he wont be sold. Hence why the initial £200k was nowhere near enough. Because of the debts Hearts have been willing to offload him pretty much soon after they signed him but got no-takers in the January window.

When I spoke to him I said this was possibly the reason Lafferty hadn't rocked the boat and asked for a transfer. The boy replied this is exactly the reason as he knows he has a debt of gratitude with Hearts and in particular Anne Budge.

I also said I didn't think Gerrard would be interested in him if he realised he still had that kind of baggage but it seems he does as it was 3 weeks ago I was told this.

It might be pish but it might also explain the continued delay.

What a lot of fuss for a player who is not exactly in the “great signing” bracket.

Personally I would rather MA and SG cast there eye over Europe for players and stopped wasting there time dealing with clubs in the backwater of Scottish football

I would like to think that SG and MA aren’t sitting refreshing this thread like the rest of us, and they are actually getting other business done. :D

This saga might piss off Gerrard
He has repeatedly said in interviews he wants a striker and cb .
Then then said hopefully for Thursday..
If we fail to bring anyone in today to meet wild card deadline
Club have possibly failed him for the first time.

Scum are scared and are starting to splash some cash to strengthen.

After a good window so far for us it would be a shame not to push the boat out a little after bringing in around 8 million in transfer fees and gate money from europa .
Our net spend must be close to zero
I know there will be loan fees ect
We moved out over 20 players so wages might be close to being even as well.

3 new quality players in could make us contenders for league

I was told this from a guy a few weeks ago that I was at school with. His Dad, who I know as well, works for Hearts and "looks after" the players that are out on loan (no idea what that job actually entails but that's what he does).

According to him Lafferty is due Budge a fortune and until Hearts get what he is due her plus the fee they want he wont be sold. Hence why the initial £200k was nowhere near enough. Because of the debts Hearts have been willing to offload him pretty much soon after they signed him but got no-takers in the January window.

When I spoke to him I said this was possibly the reason Lafferty hadn't rocked the boat and asked for a transfer. The boy replied this is exactly the reason as he knows he has a debt of gratitude with Hearts and in particular Anne Budge.

I also said I didn't think Gerrard would be interested in him if he realised he still had that kind of baggage but it seems he does as it was 3 weeks ago I was told this.

Are you saying lafferty owes budge a fortune? Its either a horrendous typo or a horrendous load of shite.

heard this aswell. heard he owes her £200k

What a lot of fuss for a player who is not exactly in the “great signing” bracket.

Personally I would rather MA and SG cast there eye over Europe for players and stopped wasting there time dealing with clubs in the backwater of Scottish football
Maybe they have.
Where did they find Katic and Sadiq?
Maybe, at the minute, Lafferty ticks the most boxes.

Do you remember the fuss by the usual suspects for the Jason Cummings signing mate?

Much much less of a "great player" than Lafferty, but the euphoria was nonsense.

It's the way it is on here.

Can anyone point out any evidence that hearts are messing us around?

No didn't think so

I think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence that when we deal with Clubs outside Scotland it's quick, easy, and professional (see Barisic, for example). Whenever we try to deal with a Scottish club, it drags on, is played out in the press, insinuations are made about the level of bids.

And does she never get that back if he moves 40 minutes west along the M8? :D

It would appear she wants it before he moves and the fee on top of it.

Listen, I only posted what I'd been told as a possible reason for the delay in getting him these "40 minutes along the M8".

I also said it might be pish but that it had come from a guy who works at Hearts full-time.

I’m not usually one for spouting off about walking away however this has now gone on for a ridiculous amount of time.

If Morelos is injured were going into Motherwell and the celtc with Sadiq and I don’t think he’s even found a blue jersey with a pass as yet.

We should move to a contingency, this could be a stellar fortnight if the cards fall our way and we shouldn’t risk those fine margins by banking all on Lafferty.

It would appear she wants it before he moves and the fee on top of it.

Listen, I only posted what I'd been told as a possible reason for the delay in getting him these "40 minutes along the M8".

I also said it might be pish but that it had come from a guy who works at Hearts full-time.
Appreciate you're only passing on info mate but how would she get her money back if he leaves for nothing at the end of the season and there is no transfer fee?

Do you remember the fuss by the usual suspects for the Jason Cummings signing mate?

Much much less of a "great player" than Lafferty, but the euphoria was nonsense.

It's the way it is on here.

Mainly because we're absolutely desperate for a striker. God forbid but an injury to Morelos and I don't fancy our chances with Sadiq leading the line.

Lafferty is a here and now striker. He comes in ready made with a great record in our league and especially against Celtic. I'm sure the club will be looking at plenty other striking options from here on in.

Praying we get this over the line today.

all i said was that i 'heard' and there was a figure that went with it.

You responded to another poster who said it was easy to make up by saying “it’s easy if you live a few doors away from him”

The question is what relevance living near him would have on whether a story about him owing money was utter fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back