Lafferty disallowed goal.....anyone got the video?

WATP

i was in line and thought lafferty had run in from deeper position so wasn’t convinced it was offside!

Anyone got a clip of it?

Just watched the highlights on RTV, he was a mile offside.

Unlucky with his header off the bar.

Watching Rangers TV my immediate reaction was why on earth did he pinch the wee guys goal. I haven't seen a replay but from what I saw I thought it was going in if Lafferty had left it...

Aye he was offside mate.

D30B30D2-B2F0-4E51-A85D-36D142FD3EEF.png

Does it matter that it deflected off the Dundee player before falling to Laff?

I thought the defender got a touch as well, which means that he was the last player to touch the ball.

Years ago, he would have been classed offside as soon as the ball was played by a team-mate, but I'm sure the rule changed.

I sit just behind the goal and genuinely thought it was going in without Lafferty touching it
As did I from CD4 right on the half way line,but asked on another thread if he robbed Middleton of another goal and several posters were adamant it was going wide.

Would like to see a replay of it.

I thought the defender got a touch as well, which means that he was the last player to touch the ball.

Years ago, he would have been classed offside as soon as the ball was played by a team-mate, but I'm sure the rule changed.

It would have to be classed as a new phase of play. A deflection isn't enough, it would need to be an action where it was deemed that the opposing player was playing a deliberate pass and they made an ar*e of it.

It would have to be classed as a new phase of play. A deflection isn't enough, it would need to be an action where it was deemed that the opposing player was playing a deliberate pass and they made an ar*e of it.

Like the handball rule, it would appear to be down to the referee/assistants discretion and interpretation of the rules.

I've seen numerous incidents where crosses have come in and the ball has broken off a defender and the goal has stood.

Like the handball rule, it would appear to be down to the referee/assistants discretion and interpretation of the rules.

I've seen numerous incidents where crosses have come in and the ball has broken off a defender and the goal has stood.
Not if he was offside when the ball was initially kicked. Any deflection would have no effect in terms of him being onside again.

Not if he was offside when the ball was initially kicked. Any deflection would have no effect in terms of him being onside again.

There was one in the world cup like that, which was initially given offside, but went to VAR and when it showed that the last touch was by a defender, before the striker put it in the net, the goal stood.

Possibly someone on here will recall which match it was.

Having just checked the Offside Rule...…

If it rebounds or deflects off an opponent, he is offside.

If an opponent deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent), then he is not offside.

That is where it is down to interpretation..... Is a block or a tackle a deliberate attempt to play the ball? I would suggest it is.

Whereas a rebound or a deflection is where it hits a defender, but he makes no intent to play the ball.

As I said earlier, it now seems that referees are treating it a bit like the hand-ball rule and interpreting it differently.

Having just checked the Offside Rule...…

If it rebounds or deflects off an opponent, he is offside.

If an opponent deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent), then he is not offside.

That is where it is down to interpretation..... Is a block or a tackle a deliberate attempt to play the ball? I would suggest it is.

Whereas a rebound or a deflection is where it hits a defender, but he makes no intent to play the ball.

As I said earlier, it now seems that referees are treating it a bit like the hand-ball rule and interpreting it differently.

It isn’t - from the laws of the game those are classed as a save.

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

It isn’t - from the laws of the game those are classed as a save.

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

So, he wasn't offside then, as the defender appeared to get a touch..

Back