Lafferty knocks back Kilmarnock

Bonnyloyal

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he is no closer to finding a new club after rejecting a deal to join Kilmarnock .

The Northern Irishman is a free agent after being axed by Rangers .

Lafferty held talks with Killie gaffer Angelo Alessio and No.2 Massimo Donati last week.

And Lafferty told MailSport : “I spoke to the manager and Massimo. I looked at it because the manager said a lot of positive things about how he wants Kilmarnock to be this season.

“He seems to know what he’s talking about, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree anything

“I think he was looking at different things to what I was

But I wish them all the best.

“It’s a team that are very difficult to play against. We only won once against them last season when I was at Rangers and I’m sure they will be up fighting for the European places again this season

“I’m having conversations with my agent all the time to keep on top of things.

“There’s still two-and-a-half weeks left until the windows close around Europe, so I’m in no hurry.

“Staying in Scotland would be my ideal situation, but sometimes things don’t work out."

Odd that he's turned them down.

Admittedly, Kilmarnock would have been a bit of a come down after being with us last season. But he's currently unemployed, and if he wants to stay in Scotland I don't see him doing better than a club like Kilmarnock. Who else does he think is going to come in for him? Hearts again? Aberdeen?

You would think with Euro 2020 round the corner he'd be looking to get back playing football asap. It's unlikely, but not impossible, that Northern Ireland could make it.

Obviously his family will know what’s best for them but if it was me, after the media storm and everything that’s went on I would pack up and get away for a few years.

I appreciate that’s not ideal if you have a young family but I can’t see anyone in Scotland matching his wage demands unless he goes back to Hearts.

I think America would be ideal for him and his family at this stage.

Reads to me they offered him a years deal or around that and he obviously needs a 2/3 year deal.

Nobody is mad enough to give you that Kyle, nobody.

we beat them in both cups kyle, youd know that if you werent snap chatting your genitals instead of focusing on the day job

Edit post 15 pointed out he wasnt with us for the first win :)

Last edited:
I think Kyle is looking for one last pay day, he won't get that with Killie, I think he will go abroad.

Obviously his family will know what’s best for them but if it was me, after the media storm and everything that’s went on I would pack up and get away for a few years.

I appreciate that’s not ideal if you have a young family but I can’t see anyone in Scotland matching his wage demands unless he goes back to Hearts.

I think America would be ideal for him and his family at this stage.

If an American side come calling then it's a no brainer.

Lafferty would get more money out there than he will in Scotland. Almost certainly decent weather too!

For some players homesickness may be a factor. But surely if the money was good enough you could stick it out for a season or two. Ample time to come back and visit the UK during the MLS close season too.

Kyle Lafferty has revealed he is no closer to finding a new club after rejecting a deal to join Kilmarnock .

Lafferty held talks with Killie gaffer Angelo Alessio and No.2 Massimo Donati last week.

And Lafferty told MailSport : “I spoke to the manager and Massimo. I looked at it because the manager said a lot of positive things about how he wants Kilmarnock to be this season.

“He seems to know what he’s talking about, but unfortunately we couldn’t agree anything

“It’s a team that are very difficult to play against. We only won once against them last season when I was at Rangers and I’m sure they will be up fighting for the European places again this season

“There’s still two-and-a-half weeks left until the windows close around Europe, so I’m in no hurry.

“Staying in Scotland would be my ideal situation, but sometimes things don’t work out."
Staunch

There's still two and a half weeks until the window closes which means nothing when you're a free agent. Bizarre.

Stopped reading at ‘knows what he’s taking about’

Waw
Odd that he's turned them down.

Admittedly, Kilmarnock would have been a bit of a come down after being with us last season. But he's currently unemployed, and if he wants to stay in Scotland I don't see him doing better than a club like Kilmarnock. Who else does he think is going to come in for him? Hearts again? Aberdeen?

You would think with Euro 2020 round the corner he'd be looking to get back playing football asap. It's unlikely, but not impossible, that Northern Ireland could make it.
Sounds very like - I wouldve signed for them but I want more money - wouldnt be shocked if he ends up there eventually

Good rangers man wish him all the luck.
@uck joining Kilmarnock anyway mate.
Place is falling apart .

Last edited:
If an American side come calling then it's a no brainer.

Lafferty would get more money out there than he will in Scotland. Almost certainly decent weather too!

For some players homesickness may be a factor. But surely if the money was good enough you could stick it out for a season or two. Ample time to come back and visit the UK during the MLS close season too.

He should be so lucky mate, had high hopes when he came back to us only got himself to blame.

See the league right now, well thats where many of us would like to see killie at the end of this season.

Back