lafferty

Started off well, scored a goal that incorrectly disallowed.

Not fair to single him out in the 2nd half when everyone else bar McGregor was just as bad if not worse.

It’s easy to say that but he done his job today, scored the winning goal.

Not his fault our officials in this country are grossly incompetent.

He’s expected to turn in amazing performances but with Alfredo we’re just happy when he scores, Lafferty’s scrutinised more but if the officials don’t make an arse of it your not starting this thread.

It would have helped him if the ball was played into the channels for him to run on to instead of launched into the box straight into the keepers arms.lafferty was ok in the first half when we were putting balls in behind the Dundee defence for him to run on to

He still does that shrinking thing when the ball comes to his head, much like a turtle retreating into its shell. For a guy at around 7 ft he wins a very low percentage of headers. Terrible signing.

surprised there's no been a thread .but how bad had he been .personaly I wouldn't have brought him back

Said plenty if times before he signed that he only really plays the last month or two of the season.

Did it the first time round. Why would he be different this time?

Amazing for his size he is not very good in the air,wouldn’t attach any blame on him for today was up against a packed defense and none of our midfield where willing to get in the box to pull defenders about.

Said plenty if times before he signed that he only really plays the last month or two of the season.

Did it the first time round. Why would he be different this time?
Really..??

I must be imagining his 2 goals v Motherwell in his first game back..

He still does that shrinking thing when the ball comes to his head much like a turtle retreating into its shell. For a guy at around 7 ft he wins a very low percentage of headers. Terrible signing.
He had never been good in the air when the ball is launched up to him,to get the best out of him you play the ball into space or low across the goal(ala his goal that was disallowed) for him to run onto.quite frankly so bad was the supply today alfie would have struggled to get a decent chance

We changed in the second half, lafferty was coming short and we were getting space, he didn't do that more than once in the second.

I thought he was almost useless today
He looked as if he was going to be sharp in the first 10 minutes - then went on to be anonymous for the next 80

To me his whole performance was epitomised by his rant at Middleton for an attempt at a 30 yard pass that missed him by about 10 yards

He just doesn't hack it for me - I was swept along at the time of his signing with the idea that he'd improved since he left us last time, was more mature & would know what it meant to play for us

IMO he falls short on all 3

I thought he was almost useless today
He looked as if he was going to be sharp in the first 10 minutes - then went on to be anonymous for the next 80

To me his whole performance was epitomised by his rant at Middleton for an attempt at a 30 yard pass that missed him by about 10 yards

He just doesn't hack it for me - I was swept along at the time of his signing with the idea that he'd improved since he left us last time, was more mature & would know what it meant to play for us

IMO he falls short on all 3
And yet he scored today..

Looked promising when he signed but unfortunately like the rest of the team is is very mediocre now.Surely there must be some young guys or guys out on loan who could be used as back up strikers.Thought Gerrard would have this position covered more

I’m not surprised to see the usual stuff about Lafferty being posted after a poor collective performance and more dropped points.

In the first half I thought he lead the line really well, better than Morelos did against Aberdeen, and was helping create space/chances for the team. Of course he should’ve had a goal today and his run plus finish for that was really good.

Second half he was pretty much non existent but I don’t think that was entirely his fault. Dundee sat in deep and squeezed the life out of any possible attacks in the final third. This meant Lafferty was always getting the ball back to goal and looking to run in behind but then there was very rarely any balls being put in behind Dundee’s back line for anyone, let alone Lafferty, to run in to.

I also don’t get why we try and use him as some sort of target man. For all he might be tall he’s never been particularly good in the air so it’s never going to work.

I think Lafferty needs more time on the park to get back up to speed and, more importantly for his own confidence, to start scoring again. However, when Morelos comes back then obviously that’s unlikely to happen. He certainly wouldn’t be one of the first ones I’d be looking to criticise after today.

If you don't get the service then you don't score, he did in the first half and scored, simple, blame the lack of creativity in the midfield and there failure to provide the service required.

Lacking game time and no doubt confidence too.

Although we had a lot of the ball, he didn't get any quality service.

I think he's better suited to games where we have less of the ball and he has space to run into. He's never been a target man / no 9.

Yes he did

But surely you're not trying to tell me that made his performance acceptable ? Or even almost acceptable ?
If you are a striker and you score goals by definition your performance is acceptable..

He can't carry the entire team. Can you tell me what decent service he got..?

Back