Lafferty

We seem to change to higher balls when we have Lafferty up front, a lot of our good play comes from balls into Morleos's feet.

Why do people think he is a target man ?

We used to have a guy called Tore Andre Flo who was very similar. Better on the deck than the air.

It is obvious to everyone he can not play a loan striker role.

He is not Mark Hateley in the air.

Gerrard should have had Dallas on upfront with him instead of the 3 winger p!sh that hasn’t worked yet.

The issue with Lafferty is that he's not very good with his feet either. When the ball comes up to him he's usually falling down...I don't mean that in a harsh way but he seems to really struggle with his balance at times.

The goalie denied him with two top-class saves easy target on here.

At least one. Thought he was as poor as I’ve seen him today but people shouldn’t kid themselves on - Morales has had a number of ordinary games too.

I’m not sure why people always seem desperate to lay into him if he doesn’t dcore.

The GK denied him? Honestly he has two headers inside eight yards with nobody near him and he missed both chances to score. It is not good. Waste of money and no where near enough talent wise to replace Morelos.

Lafferty is going through one of those spells that happen to most strikers at some point, when nothing goes right.

Last weekend he scored what would have been a perfectly good winning goal, but the linesman made an arse of it.
Today he missed a total sitter that he would score 99 times out of 100, then gets denied by one of the saves of the season.

We could be debating whether fair to drop him after 3 goals in 2 games!

At least one. Thought he was as poor as I’ve seen him today but people shouldn’t kid themselves on - Morales has had a number of ordinary games too.

I’m not sure why people always seem desperate to lay into him if he doesn’t dcore.

I don't know who that is?

Some fans are quick to defend him because he’s one of our own and from Ulster.

He’s absolutely garbage and offers us very little; zero pace, not very good at holding the ball up, doesn’t win enough in the air and his finishing is woeful.

On another day we drop points because he’s so chronic infront of goal. Needs replaced

Tav was actually going mental at him most of the game about his positioning/runs. He offered very little.

The Lafferty bashing really needs to stop! Yes he has been consistently disappointing, but we KNOW there is a player there and with confidence he can get the form back. He was unlucky today, had his chance early on gone in the flood gates would have opened and with a bit confidence he could have got a hat trick! I will only criticise players who don't try or seem interested (Worrall I'm looking at you!), Lafferty burst a gut today for us.

The Lafferty bashing really needs to stop! Yes he has been consistently disappointing, but we KNOW there is a player there and with confidence he can get the form back. He was unlucky today, had his chance early on gone in the flood gates would have opened and with a bit confidence he could have got a hat trick! I will only criticise players who don't try or seem interested (Worrall I'm looking at you!), Lafferty burst a gut today for us.
Deluded

What is deluded about it? He scored huge goals for us in his previous time here. He has scored at higher levels than Scotland, he does it on the international stage and he was on fire recently at Hearts. How has he suddenly become a bad player? His form has been dreadful since he has come back, and I have been his biggest critic and hugely disappointed. But I know he has it in him and now believe its more confidence that's the issue.

What is deluded about it? He scored huge goals for us in his previous time here. He has scored at higher levels than Scotland, he does it on the international stage and he was on fire recently at Hearts. How has he suddenly become a bad player? His form has been dreadful since he has come back, and I have been his biggest critic and hugely disappointed. But I know he has it in him and now believe its more confidence that's the issue.
Deluded

The post and a world class save stop him from scoring 2 today, our corners were pish as usual.
You are joking, right? Couple of simple, free headers missed that should have been buried regardless of any keeper. And he misses from 2 yards, when it is virtually impossible to do so, and the post stopped him? He was utter gash today in all aspects of his play, looked like he had been on the bevvy last night. Never up for it and zero effort.

He may be from Ulster and one of us, but defending his performance today is mind-boggling or down to substance abuse.

Miller has nearly scored x2 the amount of lafferty and he is cronic. Makes for honking reading :rolleyes:.

Can someone please tell me what the fk he brings to Rangers. Comfortably the tallest player on the park yet despite some brilliant delivery from Candias and Barasic in particular plus the 20 odd corners he still can't get on the end of a single one to find the net.
His positioning is utter dog shit for a striker and he doesn't create for others either.

Now we are relying on this guy to get us goals in the absence of wee Alfredo but yet again up against an extremely poor Hamilton side he has offered us sweat f a.

Remember this is the guy who on his return here promised to give this support 110% every chance he gets. Well if ever there was an opportunity to start to make good on that promise it was today and I'm definitely not seeing it.

He's not alone by any means there are others who imo who are not offering nearly enough but for me Lafferty has been piss poor since his return at a time when we need so much more from him.
Do not forget,Big Kyle is unstoppable as the season runs down.:)

You can say Deluded all day long but you've not given anything to back that up! o_O In what way is it deluded? Tell me what parts you disagree with and why?
I've seen the big dud play, simple as that. Should never have signed him. Been even worse since he flashed his tadger on Instagram.

The post and a world class save stop him from scoring 2 today, our corners were pish as usual.
A half decent striker would have put power in both headers and not given the keeper a chance. He's never been good in the air and he's has about as much movement as a lampost when crosses come in. How many of his hearts goals were headers I'd guess very few we need a target man with the amount of crosses we put in every game.

Can someone please tell me what the fk he brings to Rangers. Comfortably the tallest player on the park yet despite some brilliant delivery from Candias and Barasic in particular plus the 20 odd corners he still can't get on the end of a single one to find the net.
His positioning is utter dog shit for a striker and he doesn't create for others either.

Now we are relying on this guy to get us goals in the absence of wee Alfredo but yet again up against an extremely poor Hamilton side he has offered us sweat f a.

Remember this is the guy who on his return here promised to give this support 110% every chance he gets. Well if ever there was an opportunity to start to make good on that promise it was today and I'm definitely not seeing it.

He's not alone by any means there are others who imo who are not offering nearly enough but for me Lafferty has been piss poor since his return at a time when we need so much more from him.

Said elsewhere and cant be bothered expanding but he is really sh1te! A player down when he's on the park.

He's shite, every inch a Hearts player and a clown with it. I'd see him not play again might as well give Dallas a run.

He’s not shite. He’s just going through a bad spell of form, as are many of our current squad. It probably doesn’t help he’s on the bench most weeks. Not many people were saying he was shite after Villarreal away. Or after his two goals at Motherwell. Far from it.

I’d even go as far to say that there’s nobody, not even Morelos in our team who would have put the effort into their game like he did in Villarreal. I’m not saying he’s better than Morelos before someone starts. The point I’m making is that his type of performance that night and what he offers us is different to anyone else we have.

He’s not shite. He’s just going through a bad spell of form, as are many of our current squad. It probably doesn’t help he’s on the bench most weeks. Not many people were saying he was shite after Villarreal away. Or after his two goals at Motherwell. Far from it.

I’d even go as far to say that there’s nobody, not even Morelos in our team who would have put the effort into their game like he did in Villarreal. I’m not saying he’s better than Morelos before someone starts. The point I’m making is that his type of performance that night and what he offers us is different to anyone else we have.

The examples you've mentioned are what we should be getting from him EVERY time he plays for us. There's nobody in that squad knows this more than Kyle Lafferty ffs which is why lame ass performances like today cannot be explained away as an off day. This is what's become the norm from him, he's contributing nothing and it's far from ok.

I'm still trying to fathom how some rocket attempted to reason with me earlier in the thread that "Kyle did his job today" Well call me demanding but as far as I'm concerned his job is to get in among the goals against lowly Hamilton and rumble their back line into mistakes. You know, like what any Rangers striker worthy of the name used to be able to do.

We won today, we're top of the league but you heard it from the horses mouth after the game when Gerrard talked about taking responsibility in the final third. Well If I'm Lafferty tonight I'm looking at myself straight in the mirror. That game should have been put to bed long before half time and I'm sorry but for me the big man was chief sinner out there Today.

Was poor today and simply can,t start on Wednesday.

Just posted this on another thread but I thought he did well today. :D

Overall I’ve been really disappointed with his contribution so far though, and quite astonishingly I predicted he might push Fredo for a starting place before he came. Where I pulled that little gem of lunacy from I don’t know.

He genuinely looks like he’s giving it everything when he does get a chance, but those bits of quality/magic he showed with Hearts just aren’t there.

We signed him after a purple patch with the farts.
He's always been up and down, scoring spectacular goals and then missing sitters.
He did however score last weekend.

Since the second Smith signed him I have been unimpressed. I love SG but what went through his thought process to bring him back I will never know.

Was absolutely awful - again - today. Terrible performance.

The examples you've mentioned are what we should be getting from him EVERY time he plays for us. There's nobody in that squad knows this more than Kyle Lafferty ffs which is why lame ass performances like today cannot be explained away as an off day. This is what's become the norm from him, he's contributing nothing and it's far from ok.

I'm still trying to fathom how some rocket attempted to reason with me earlier in the thread that "Kyle did his job today" Well call me demanding but as far as I'm concerned his job is to get in among the goals against lowly Hamilton and rumble their back line into mistakes. You know, like what any Rangers striker worthy of the name used to be able to do.

We won today, we're top of the league but you heard it from the horses mouth after the game when Gerrard talked about taking responsibility in the final third. Well If I'm Lafferty tonight I'm looking at myself straight in the mirror. That game should have been put to bed long before half time and I'm sorry but for me the big man was chief sinner out there Today.

I can’t believe how many cliches you’ve used in that post :D

Been critical of him in the past but thought he did ok today, was unlucky not have 2 / 3 goals.

At one point he was playing from the midfield to create his own chances.

Some on here just seem to want to have a pop - we won the game - learn and move on to the next one.

He had 1 good spell with us 10 years ago. Anyone who expected a messiesque scoring return is quite simply mistaken.

32 goals in 6 years....

I thought he put in a decent shift. A bad miss early on but with the superb save by the keeper second half he was unlucky. I would still have given Dallas the last 15 minutes.

I’m not defending lafferty I agree with some of the comments but what baffles me is the lack of goal threat from our centrehalfs at set pieces all four of them never seem to get near a corner kick or cross from a set piece I take Katic out of that as I think he’s done reasonably well when he’s played but surely the rest of them can get on the end of something they’re all big tall guys with good heading ability just seems to me to be an obvious chance for a goal in tight games playing against ten men behind the ball yet next to no goal threat

Back