Lafferty

Negri's Black Eye

Official Ticketer
What a pointless signing he has been! Can't win headers, can't link up play, seemingly can't score goals either, waste of a sub today!would have been better leaving him at hearts to play against the tims twice a season

What a pointless signing he has been! Can't win headers, can't link up play, seemingly can't score goals either, waste of a sub today!would have been better leaving him at hearts to play against the tims twice a season
Take it you were not at Kilmarnock or Dundee United then?

He actually did offer a lot more than Defoe, but I’ve still got absolutely no confidence in him whatsoever and never fancied him to take either of the chances he got.

He’s been a poor signing, and as I said at the time, because you score for hearts (less pressure and more space) doesn’t mean you’ll automatically bag more for Rangers.

Not his fault today, but agree that’s he’s not a good enough signing to get us where we need to be.

I’m not his biggest fan but thought he played reasonably well when he came on. Far more effective than Defoe anyway and did more in those 20 mins than Defoe did in 90.

He won us free kicks, hit the post, had one goalward shot deflected out for a corner (which wasn’t given) and another attempt on the turn which wasn’t that far off from what I can remember.

time laff got a run in the team anyway,especially whenever Morelos is out,Defoe isn't doing anything,looking like another big money mistake signing. they lot must be laughing like %^*& at us right now.

I think he needs a run of games in the team. He offered more than Defoe yesterday when he came on plus I don't think he's fully fit still carrying a knock.

Agreed needs a run in the team... he at least puts himself about and tries to score! Unlucky latley but hes now getting desperate to score with the lack of minutes..

He done well when he was on which cannot be said for the rest of them wearing the blue jersey yesterday.

Lafferty should have stated with Defoe, he would have ran all day and do s lot of the mucking in that Morelos does! Candieas was terrible yesterday, he needs replaced in the summer, while I like him for his effort, too many final balls are poor.

When he came on, it was the first time we looked like scoring, so take your ire elsewhere just now.
the point is though that he didn't score. his scoring record is very poor, his attitude since coming back isn't the best either so He's clearly been a poor signing unfortunately .

Only one that looked remotely dangerous and gave the St Johnstone defence problems. Should have passed to Kamara but that aside he was one who looked like he cared. I'd start him and Defoe vs killie

Lafferty will always try his best on the park.
Should have started up front with defoe maybe and tried to get an early goal.
Bought because they seen sadiq in training and pressed the panic button.

He needs like most players a run of games to get to his best form. He did ok when he came on ,but should have played Kamara in when he had the chance.

Is he good enough for Rangers? Probably not but he’s not alone in that score. If Morelos is not available and Defoe plays in my opinion lafferty has got to get more game time than what he did yesterday.

He only ever played well for 2 months out the season.

Unfortunately for us our season will most likely be over by the time his form kicks in.

Lafferty needs a run of games to see if can still do a job for us, when our top striker is unavailable. The problem is that Defoe starts before him, who has done almost nothing since he signed for us.

Gerrard has not used Lafferty correctly. His first 2/3 games he scored Vrs Motherwell & Villarreal. Gerrard has not used him enough & his man management has been poor & naive of a player we paid a few pound for.

You can also use Katic in the same frame.

Granted...Lafferty is not a world beater but he has been there done it in the SPL & the responsibility is with our manager on this. 100% both Lafferty & Defoe should have played yesterday.

Regarding young Middleton..he is no where near ready for first team football but Gerrard puts him on before Lafferty. It’s not the young guys fault it’s Gerrards. He looked nearvous when he came on...Lafferty unsettled them & got a few shots away.

Not for the first time, things started to seem a bit more hopeful when Lafferty came on. In a performance that was shamefully lacking in effort, vision or urgency, he put in more of a shift during his cameo than others did in the whole game.

Never been a huge fan of Lafferty, but he offered something different when he came on. Seemed like the only one who was desperate for us to score.

Back