Lallana available on a free this summer

Shocked to hear he's 31. I'd have thought 27. Getting old sucks. Reyna's kid got an assist in the champions league last night and I swear his dad only played for us about 10 years ago.

End of the Dortmund game this week they had Sancho/Haaland/Reyna as their front three. Realizing I wasn't far off being the combined age of the Dortmund front three made me feel old.

Not far off the combined weight either.

Aside from the insurmountable level of wage, I personally don't think he has the mental or physical fortitude to be able handle the boot boys of the Scottish game unfortunately.

We cant afford him , would get a max of 12 games out of him a season , I would rather Rangers buy a player who is hard as nails , give us a bit of grit in the team which would sort out some of the hammer throwers we are up against most weeks

We cant afford him , would get a max of 12 games out of him a season , I would rather Rangers buy a player who is hard as nails , give us a bit of grit in the team which would sort out some of the hammer throwers we are up against most weeks

We already have that player, Ross McCrorie.
I expect Stevie is mates with Lallana. It may not be him, but I think we'll bring in 2 or 3 top quality players in the summer on the back of Stevie's relationships.
No way he's leaving Scotland without a league winners medal. Could still be this season.

Zero evidence that he can stay fit and be any good against the Scottish hammer throwers. Crazy wage for a very high risk. We need a mix of winners, sloggers and skill

I think we need to end this kind of response when it comes to these players who fall out of favour.

Who would have thought we could have afforded Jermaine Defoe a year ago.

Not to denigrate the club or anything like that, but we can only afford Defoe now as his manager has done us a turn & allowed Defoe to come here for a fraction of the wage he is on there, just as his permanent wage will be fractional next season compared to what he currently gets from his parent club.

The player I'm question earns similar to Defoe & will comfortably get the same or more elsewhere. AL could be entering his prime injury permitting, as good as JD has been, he is past his best years.

Back