Lallana?

• He gets games for Liverpool.
  • Liverpool are European champions
  • They’re also top of the EPL
  • He probably earns £70k per week
He isn’t leaving that to come to the SPL. Only a fool would think it is a possibility

He isn’t leaving that to come to the SPL. Only a fool would think it is a possibility
I agree it’s unlikely but it’s hardly outlandish. Gerrard has pull at the end of the day and so does the club.

Where do you play him? Behind the CF alternating with Arfield? Take him for the wide right tole instead of Ojo?

He’s 31, so out of favour at Liverpool, what’s the chances of us getting him in at least on a loan deal?
He’d really suit our style of play but don’t know if he’d be tempted or if we could afford him.
Its the gerrard brand and his connection at liverpool that would help us get that move. But i think hed be more likley to stay in the epl earning silly money

Defoe was a 36 year old who was totally frozen out at his club. Lallana still regularly makes squads and makes the odd start including the recent Merseyside derby. He may be quite happy with the role he currently has as a squad man. If he did choose to leave i'm sure he'd get another EPL team no problem who would be happy to pay him a fortune.

sure i read palace & Southampton were angling for Lallana, unless he really wanted to come there's no way we could compete with EPL wages

He would be a great player to get on board. However, I can't see it happening. He'll have other options down south on much better money. Sure, it'll more likely be smaller clubs than us and no chance of euro football but he'll earn a packet and get to keep playing in the EPL.

Unless of course Gerrard can convince him otherwise and we can lower his wage expectations.

He’s 31, so out of favour at Liverpool, what’s the chances of us getting him in at least on a loan deal?
He’d really suit our style of play but don’t know if he’d be tempted or if we could afford him.
He'd suit our style of play but no chance we'd sign him in my opinion

Would you pay £8m and £20k a week for him on a 2 year deal ?

That’s £100k per week equivalent on a Bosman ....

This thread reminds me a little bit of the massive Joey Barton one.

Obviously there are differences but still following a similar pattern

I've never rated Lallana, typical over rated English player.

Liverpool probably only keep him around to fill the home grown player quota.

Not beyond the realms of possibility but it would be a Marquee signing. Money we'd have to pay on his fee would be money ringfenced for a transfer fee. If he's going to cost 2 million quid a year in wages, you might get him on a 3 year deal but the cash sidelined for a big signing has to go on him.

Our gaffer is brilliant.

Would i quarter my wages on what would likely be my last big money contract to play for him? No.

Defoe was another 5 years older when he signed and desperate to play regularly. Different thing altogether.

We sold out every game last season, had Europa League earnings and gate money and we had a £10m deficit on the bottom line.

You know what I think we need?

A £4million per annum salary to add to that.

You killed the hope stone dead with that post.

Back