Lammers away on loan - confirmed

Your clutching at straws he's not a goalscorer, be lucky if we get offered a £1 million for him in summer.

Never said he was a goalscorer? All I said was he's not a number 10 which he clearly wasn't for us. He's not good enough and any sort of cash we can get to get him off the wage bill will be good for us so it benefits him and us if he continues to do well with Utrecht.

But in reality many teams have spent a lot of money on him.

To use the vernacular that you have, is imo completely over the top. Is he great? no, but he is at least average imo.

Let’s be honest we've seen much worse players than Sam Lammers over the years.
In my life time I can safely say I haven’t seen worse than him…granted that has only been 36 years of football I’ve seen.

What gets me is how in this world did he get in that Frankfurt team

In my life time I can safely say I haven’t seen worse than him…granted that has only been 36 years of football I’ve seen.

What gets me is how in this world did he get in that Frankfurt team
Surely you have though, I’m not much older than you and I’ve seen various. If you account for what he cost then pound for pound he’s pretty bad, but just on ability I’ve seen much worse in a Rangers jersey.

Surely you have though, I’m not much older than you and I’ve seen various. If you account for what he cost then pound for pound he’s pretty bad, but just on ability I’ve seen much worse in a Rangers jersey.
Genuinely others have offered more, from Sebo, Rothen, Herrera even Peña looked a player just did have the head for it.

Intrigued who do you think is worse?

Genuinely others have offered more, from Sebo, Rothen, Herrera even Peña looked a player just did have the head for it.

Simonsen, Dalcio, Sebo, Jeffers, Ostenstaad, Nicky Clark, Mladenovic, Bernard, Ross Perry, Russell Martin.

That’s a few just off the top of my head, I’m sure if I went deeper into the years of climbing the leagues that I’ve tried so hard to suppress, I’d probably find a good few more.

1 goal and 3 assists for them in 5 games I genuinely hope they make it permanent in the summer but I’d be shocked if Utrecht wanted to pay anything over £1m for him since they’re not big spenders.

I’d just take whatever money and run tbh.

That is a phenomenal assist and a great goal to be fair.

Sam seems to be doing really well at Utrecht and the fans seem to love him. I wonder if he is playing better because he is in his favoured position or is it the fact he is playing with no pressure? I suspect a bit of both.

Anyway, him playing well can only benefit us if we are going to try and move him on in the summer.

I hope he keeps it up.

1 goal and 3 assists for them in 5 games I genuinely hope they make it permanent in the summer but I’d be shocked if Utrecht wanted to pay anything over £1m for him since they’re not big spenders.

I’d just take whatever money and run tbh.
If he keeps up how he has been playing then another Dutch team may well offer a decent fee for him. He has been very good for Utrecht since signing and stood out in every game.

You can judge him on the 2 goals in 32 games for us though

One of the worst players I've seen play for us in the the top league
Absolutely. There's a reason he's 26 years old and had 9 clubs already. Has the odd moment of sheer brilliance then the other 99% of the time is by a distance the worst player on the pitch.

Tav had 9 clubs before he was 25.
Tav also made an instant impact and you could see what he would bring to the table. Lammers, one screamer of a goal against Dundee aside has offered just about nothing. He had a couple of months since Clement came in to nail a place down and was punted out on loan at the start of the window. I'm generally an optimist when it comes to signings but he offers near enough nothing, his only saving grace is that he's not as bad as Scott Wright.

So they like him this week? Last week they wanted shot of him :D
That’s the madness of the internet and football forums. It’s either black or white. A player can’t have a quiet week without being branded rubbish. Then all is forgiven when he has a good game.
Good luck to Sam and I hope he continues to do well , it didn’t work out at Rangers but we move on.

I have watched all of Utrecht's game since he went there, and I think I can safely say he will never pull on a Rangers shirt again. The Utrecht manager was even sarcastically laughing when he scored yesterday. Lammers will score some, but I doubt it will be 20 a season. Where a good striker always seems to find space in the box, Lammers doesn't seem to have that ability. He also misses far too many sitters. Yesterday he blootered one over the bar from about 9 yards out. I know Utrecht are working on him trying to improve him as a striker and not a 10 so we will see where it takes him.

Sam seems to be doing really well at Utrecht and the fans seem to love him. I wonder if he is playing better because he is in his favoured position or is it the fact he is playing with no pressure? I suspect a bit of both.

Anyway, him playing well can only benefit us if we are going to try and move him on in the summer.

I hope he keeps it up.
Well, they turned Vasilios Barkas into a local hero, so who knows.

Simonsen, Dalcio, Sebo, Jeffers, Ostenstaad, Nicky Clark, Mladenovic, Bernard, Ross Perry, Russell Martin.

That’s a few just off the top of my head, I’m sure if I went deeper into the years of climbing the leagues that I’ve tried so hard to suppress, I’d probably find a good few more.

Thanks for the PTSD.

If things can't be anything worse on a Monday I see those names.

I'm happy Lammers seems to be doing okay back home. I hope Utrect decide he should remain with them and stump up some fee then move him on.

We should never have signed him initially, I'll never get over the amount of money we allowed Beale to spend. He didn't have a track record of good players prior to us. Mental.

I have watched all of Utrecht's game since he went there, and I think I can safely say he will never pull on a Rangers shirt again. The Utrecht manager was even sarcastically laughing when he scored yesterday. Lammers will score some, but I doubt it will be 20 a season. Where a good striker always seems to find space in the box, Lammers doesn't seem to have that ability. He also misses far too many sitters. Yesterday he blootered one over the bar from about 9 yards out. I know Utrecht are working on him trying to improve him as a striker and not a 10 so we will see where it takes him.

I hope your assessment is true. I don’t think I could stomach watching the hair fix even one more time.

The opposition were diabolically atrocious but his assist was good from the point that he touched it once and then made a good pass. That's an improvement right there.

Ross Perry at tannadice still annoys the life out me.

What was the name of the 8foot6"midfielder Croatian Serbian Slovenian looked like a Basketball player,just spotted him on your post Mladenovic ,also big black guy Brazilian from Middlesbrough?

I hope he keeps it up.
We’re basically hoping AZ buy him.

You're at it, surely :))

Jerome Rothen offered more - what did he play, 5 games? Crazy how folk remember things.

At some point in the future we'll have another howling signing and folk will be waxing nostalgic for Lammers.

Oh joy reading names like Kevin Kyle, Oliver Bernard and Ross Perry again.

It's equivalent to a who has the smallest dick contest when people engage in that level of nonsense

We would have gotten better players from the juniors. People forget how bad it got. Kevin Kyle was one of our better performers :oops:
Big Jig played like zinedine Zidane in div 3 , whereas in the premier everyone use to moan like feck when he got subbed on, Lammers would be like Messi in div 3

Agyirou was worse than woeful- I reckon me at 40 at that time would’ve been a better option at rb

maybe we should be scouting Utrechts players for a player swap in summer ..........

must be the green boots Lammers is favouring

What was the name of the 8foot6"midfielder Croatian Serbian Slovenian looked like a Basketball player,just spotted him on your post Mladenovic ,also big black guy Brazilian from Middlesbrough?

I know what your saying about Emerson but at least he scored away in Greece for us. That has some weight to him.

Livescore had him down as playing as a striker for Utrecht.

Given how bad he was as a 10, surely going back to playing his normal position and not the won Beale dreamt up for him was always the best outcome.

I'm still not 100% convinced he wouldn't be better than Dessers as a main striker. I acknowledge it's possible having seen how bad he was at 10, but some of Dessers play makes it hard to believe anyone could be worse.

Big Jig played like zinedine Zidane in div 3 , whereas in the premier everyone use to moan like feck when he got subbed on, Lammers would be like Messi in div 3

Agyirou was worse than woeful- I reckon me at 40 at that time would’ve been a better option at rb
Its strange how people watch the same game and form different opinions.

I watched every minute of that season and honestly didn't find Argyriou that bad. He wasn't good either but he didn't bother me.

Perry and Cribari on the other hand, I think they were part of some agreement we signed up to in order to be allowed back into the league. You can play, but we get to pick 2 of your players.

I watched every minute of that season and honestly didn't find Argyriou that bad. He wasn't good either but he didn't bother me.

Perry and Cribari on the other hand, I think they were part of some agreement we signed up to in order to be allowed back into the league. You can play, but we get to pick 2 of your players.
I remember thinking Nicky Law was a massive upgrade on our midfield and would really help us to get to our previous levels. Amazing how easy it is to lose any sense of perspective :))

I remember thinking Nicky Law was a massive upgrade on our midfield and would really help us to get to our previous levels. Amazing how easy it is to lose any sense of perspective :))
It's probably a human condition where our brains distort reality to provide us with comfort during trauma.

I remember telling people that Jason Holt would be a good player for us when we were back in the Champions League.

Hopefully Lammers keeps doing well & we can get him sold in the summer.

Seems a nice guy maybe just not suited to our league

Lammers needs to perform well in Holland as we need to be in the position, like Bayern were with Tillman, to ask for top dollar. He didn't and probably won't work out for us, so we need him to play well and be on the radar of a few clubs in his homeland. I welcome every goal and assist he can create. Mon the Sam Lammers.

Aw I thought cribari was fecking terrible too but the Greek lad - omg!!!
Perry wasn’t great , in fact bar Jig , none of them were very good some weeks .

Emerson, he was dreadful for us too.

Also just noticed the guy I quoted had Sebo listed as a player who offered more, but Sebo played as an out and out centre forward and amassed 2 goals, and outside of the goals it really was bull in a China shop stuff, second touch was usually a tackle.

Strange you would watch every one of a Dutch teams games,just don't understand that at all.

Just shows you, for all that the level of football in Scotland is more or less dogshit, the pressure at Rangers separates the men from the boys.

Lammers now playing like peak era Van Basten having looked like a disco dancing champion playing in a pro/celebrity match for us.

Back