Lampard odds be next manager at Stad De Gadd

That would be a real hard landing coming down from Chelsea to the groin brigade cesspit of the Paedodome, can't see it myself he doesn't fit with their political side at all.

They'd be silly not to be investigating the possibility. I sincerely hope they don't.
Why?

I like Lampard but it looks like he spunked over £200m on players and didn't know how to use them or deploy tactics, or communicate with his team at their training ground.

I hope he doesn't go there either and taint himself but from a football point of view we'd have zero to fear.

At one point tonight Wee Josie must have been thinking, "I hope Rafa's not taken that job at Parkhead yet"!

With Lampards ability to organise a defence, I wouldn’t be against that appointment.

Not going to happen though.

brother frankland asks if wants to know if he can be agent orange? Brother Richard (Wakeman) will be having a word.

Lodge No.3098

Last edited:
So that's Eddie Howe, Rafa Benitez and Frank Lampard all now fighting over the job?? B-)

Yerda Selzavon has made it known he doesn't want it B-)

No word from others about to shortly become available - Steve Bruce, Wayne Rooney and Ronald Koeman

My money is on Lurgan Flopp till the end of the season then Roy Keane

EDIT - just thought - Mick McCarthy is back in the country isn't he and will be looking for something permanent

If they get rid of popcorn teeth I reckon they might try for Mark Hughes.

He's out of work so would be a cheap option.

Or Clarke if the Euros get postponed again.
I mentioned Hughes a few weeks ago , he has said he is ready to come back to football .
He is the welsh version of Mark McGhee so quite happy for that to happen .

I don't consider it likely but I'd have absolutely no fear of him. Don't think he's a good manager and I'm indifferent to him, Don't have the same love for him as much of FF.
Much happier with him than any talk of Benitez.

In all honesty, they'll be getting down on their knees and begging Damien Duff.

A full-on rabid mentally challenged and the "great potato hope" who quit the Irish national team in a huff the other week.

Mostly because the FAI apologised to England after the recordings of him trying to "fire up" the English turncoats in their squad with paramilitary videos of their hometowns being bombed and some wolf tones CD's weren't particularly enjoyed by the turncoats.

But also partly because he knows the penny pinching fat Japanese cunt's favourite type of signing is a free one!

If he declines they'll give it to some ex-player like Malky MacKay and bring him in as the assistant so he can take over when the plastic paddy patsy inevitably falls apart.

I never get why people post this stuff. All it means is that someone people have put money on him so the bookies have dropped the odds. It happens all the time.

As inconceivable as it may seem there are actually people out there who don’t gamble and don’t understand how the market works, it’s mental but 100% true B-D

Simply bookies taking mugs cash - how many long odds on favourite have we had for this market now?? The odds don't reflect anything really and they should be pulled up for the dramatics, they are creating a false market on demand.

His wife and her family have divorce papers ready to be filed if he even accepts a phone call from them!!

They're raging against the fact they're getting Steve Clarke, Roy Keane, Jack Ross or Malky MacKay.

One of them has an easy job at the national team, one has turned down the job before and has a cushy job in front of the Sky Sports camera's, one is about to be chased from Hibs for being shite.

Therefore, the clear and obvious favourite is the jakey, alcoholic, proven racist former player.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

While I don't believe it , it would boost the profile of the SPFL having Gerrard and Lampard. The idiots we have running the game still wouldn't find a sponsor.

I don't think that the prospect of him considering it is as far fetched as some folk here are making-out. His own personal stock isn't exactly very high right now and he will have noted how turning Rangers round has enhanced our manager's reputation. As far as allegiances are concerned, he had no problem leaving Chelsea and then playing for Man City. He is a professional.

If you look at it objectively there is good potential for a rebuild at Celtic. If he was successful there it would help him get another job in England.

I'm not saying that I think he will be their next manager - just that I don't think it is a wild idea.

Jack Ross is their fall back. I however am still certain Duff will be their man.

I watched his Open Goal interview and he came over as shy and awkward and not the type of man who could command a dressing room.

Duff getting the job wouldn't surprise me though. Him leaving seems to be one of their many excuses for the collapse under Lennon. They have him down as some type of coaching genius who gets better the longer he's away.

I don't think that the prospect of him considering it is as far fetched as some folk here are making-out. His own personal stock isn't exactly very high right now and he will have noted how turning Rangers round has enhanced our manager's reputation. As far as allegiances are concerned, he had no problem leaving Chelsea and then playing for Man City. He is a professional.

If you look at it objectively there is good potential for a rebuild at Celtic. If he was successful there it would help him get another job in England.

I'm not saying that I think he will be their next manager - just that I don't think it is a wild idea.

It's hard to predict what type of job he'll be able to attract now. He did have a fairly good season with Derby, then had a decent first season with Chelsea, working under a transfer ban and bringing through the kids. This season has been a bit of a disaster and he hasn't spent well. I reckon he'll probably have opportunities with bottom half EPL teams and top Championship jobs.

If given time he could turn out good for them. In saying that I doubt their fans would give him 2/3 years to get it right. I could see him having a Gerrard esq first season, with the rebuild and then running closer the second.

I hope it doesn't happen tbh.

I think Clarke aswell.

25/1 with SkyBet. Only thing stopping me sticking a tenner on it is the fact a caretaker for x amount of games counts as "permanent" for the purposes of that bet.

As soon as TLB reaches below that amount of games, I will be betting Clarke.

To be honest: I kinda want it to happen:

1. Lampard Vs Gerrard element would have the English media all over our game up north. It would be HUGE!
2. Gerrard is clearly miles better
3. He will cost/waste them a fortune on his wages, dodgy signings & eventual sacking.
I'm with you on this. Some choice quotes from today's Independent article:

Many players didn’t like how the manager spoke to them, and there were questions about his man-management. Communication was a problem...

Sources say one influential dressing-room voice was “fed up” of the manager by Christmas. The nature of the fall-out with Antonio Rudiger also raised eyebrows, and Lampard had a few fraught discussions with Granovskaia over that situation as well as struggling goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabelaga...

Both senior players and new signings were constantly “baffled” by the tactics, or the apparent lack of them. It often seemed to them as if the manager didn’t know what he wanted to do with the team, and had little idea how to fit these new stars in.

It should be noted that some opposition managers in the Premier League thought the same. They didn’t think Chelsea were that difficult to prepare against. Players like Werner or Havertz weren’t usually in positions where they would “really hurt you”.

Lampard had ultimately given little indication he knew how to fix this. That is evidenced by the chopping and changing, the drastic dropping of players, and then sudden returns. The inconsistent use of Callum Hudson-Odoi has been a case in point.

Why?

I like Lampard but it looks like he spunked over £200m on players and didn't know how to use them or deploy tactics, or communicate with his team at their training ground.

I hope he doesn't go there either and taint himself but from a football point of view we'd have zero to fear.
The fear would be he still has a good relationship with Abramovich and would bring in Chelsea loan players.

Lampard will be contracted to Chelsea id be very surprised if he was free to take a job immediately if he is then it’s quite unusual. Cannot see him going to them.

Back