Lampard to Chelsea, how long before Gerrard leaves?

Luckily, Klopp is one of the top 2 coaches in world football. Gerrard is loyal, its why he never left Liverpool. The only club i think he would do a Brenda on us, is for liverpool imo.

He's not short of a few quid, and really appreciates the stature of our club, so i dont believe he would walk out on us to double his money for a Brighton or huddersfield.

I think Gerrard will be here for at least the duration of his contract, unless Real or or Barca lure Klopp away, then liverpool may take him on, especially if next season is successful.

Lets enjoy the magnificent bastard while he is here. He will deliver 55 and become a Rangers legend, of that i have no doubt.

Frank lampard imo is the only sensible choice for chelsea. Only manager the fans will have patience for to out see the transfer ban.
We will give him time and let him build and o ce the budgets there boom. Go for it frank! Super frankie lampard

I am in no way a Chelsea fan but I do like Frank Lampard , I reckon he should stay where he is for now but I'm pretty sure the heart will rule the head

Liverpool are not a basket case club who go through manages like hot dinners, unlike Chelsea . Football can change very quickly and Klopp might eventually feel he needs a break but I don’t see him moving within the next two seasons at least .

For Gerrard to have even be in consideration he’ll have had to have won 55 and had at least one deep run into Europe.

Quite simply if he achieves this he’ll have more than done his job with us and he’s leave with my very best wishes.

Liverpool owner John w Henry is a big Gerrard fan and is no doubt being groomed to take over at anfield in the future. But he has to be a success with us or whatever gig he gets to be considered good enough. Keep the faith stevie G will be here for 55!

The general view from south of the border is that “Lampard’s Derby are playing at a much higher level than Gerrard’s Rangers”
The opinion is also that “Lampard can step up directly from Derby to Chelsea but Gerrard would not be able to step up directly from Rangers to Liverpool in one step.”

I think Gerrard would need to work in a better league before being offered the Liverpool job. If he ever gets it I don't think it will be straight from Ibrox.

I'm confident he will see his contract out..........I can only ever see him leaving us to go to Liverpool and Klopp ain't going anywhere soon...

I think Gerrard would need to work in a better league before being offered the Liverpool job. If he ever gets it I don't think it will be straight from Ibrox.
I could be wrong but personally I don't see Gerrard going to a non english speaking country, that leaves England

However I don't see him taking a premier league job either, unless it is Liverpool. Could be wrong about this but I think it'd be hard for him to take over another premier league team and IMO the Championship is probably a step down from us. Gerrard taking over a non Liverpool premier league side would be like him taking over Celtic after us, I don't see it imo.

Will be interesting to see what happens but I have a feeling he will go to Liverpool then finally England.

Liverpool are the best run club in England these days.

They’re not going to let emotion cloud their judgment and pick a relatively untested manager to replace Klopp (whenever that happens).

Gerrard will have to prove himself beyond Scotland, let’s get realistic. Nobody goes from the SPFL to the top tier of European Football, player or manager.

If someone like Newcastle came in and offered Gerrard a big transfer budget and the chance to prove himself in the EPL, it’s delusional to think he’s choose to stay here. We have to accept there’s a glass ceiling in Scotland.

Chelsea are in constant crisis, moving from manager to manager. Lampard is only being mentioned because of his history with the club and he’ll appease the fans.

Liverpool are going from strength to strength, any other season and they’d have won the CL and the league (the fact they didn’t win it with so many points and only one loss is staggering really) Klopp’s stock has never been higher.

Chelsea are in constant crisis?

They win a trophy just about every year.

No idea but Liverpool would love their trophy haul this century.
That’s what I mean about “constant crisis”
Every season they seem to fall apart, have issues between manager and squad, manager and board, fans disillusioned etc

That’s what I mean about “constant crisis”
Every season they seem to fall apart, have issues between manager and squad, manager and board, fans disillusioned etc

Mate I could not care who falls out with who at Ibrox. Just give me lots of silverware.

Mate I could not care who falls out with who at Ibrox. Just give me lots of silverware.
Call me old fashioned but I’d like a manager for more than a season every now and then. Plus for the money spent winning a FA cup isn’t something to celebrate imo

I could be wrong but personally I don't see Gerrard going to a non english speaking country, that leaves England

However I don't see him taking a premier league job either, unless it is Liverpool. Could be wrong about this but I think it'd be hard for him to take over another premier league team and IMO the Championship is probably a step down from us. Gerrard taking over a non Liverpool premier league side would be like him taking over Celtic after us, I don't see it imo.

Will be interesting to see what happens but I have a feeling he will go to Liverpool then finally England.

I think he could easily manage a mid table team in England
The only ones that he wouldn’t would be Everton, United, Chelsea, city, arsenal or spurs imo

If he was to win the league with us this season we will offer him a new deal (really just in order to give him a pay rise) then stay another season to try get us playing CL football.

Then after that who knows? But can’t see him leaving any time soon.

The general view from south of the border is that “Lampard’s Derby are playing at a much higher level than Gerrard’s Rangers”
The opinion is also that “Lampard can step up directly from Derby to Chelsea but Gerrard would not be able to step up directly from Rangers to Liverpool in one step.”

That’s funny.

English footballs history has been built on managers from Scotland, not as many from the Derby area I would guess.

Gerrard has yet to prove himself as a manager and some think he's going to walk straight into the Liverpool job ?

He's an absolute icon of Liverpool and i'd say he was always being groomed to be Klopp's successor.

And much like Lampard about to get the Chelsea gig after only one season in management, i think there would be a massive clamour for Gerrard from Pool fans that'll only be magnified if he's a success here.

Klopp isn't going anywhere for a while so we're safe for now.

Back