Land directly next to our stadium

There hasn’t been so much as a brick laid , nothing . We are 150 years old in two years and a month .

Maybe if HMRC and the poet monkies involved with it hadn't got away with their shite, and all the diddies involved in Scottish football had been more interested in looking after their own clubs, Paul Murray and his Blue Knights or Walter and that consortium he was involved in might have had an easy time of obtaining control of our Club and we'd actually have been able to prioritise a 150 year celebration..!!

Outside of all that, be fvckin thankful your and I's Club is healthy and a kick in the arse off turning the tide in Scotland's footballing world whilst still having to kick back the tide of fannies trying to halt us in our tracks at every turn.

Even if it takes a few years after the initial celebration of 150 years I'd happily wait on an announcement made around thetime of what the Board hopes to do for it !

Maybe if HMRC and the poet monkies involved with it hadn't got away with their shite, and all the diddies involved in Scottish football had been more interested in looking after their own clubs, Paul Murray and his Blue Knights or Walter and that consortium he was involved in might have had an easy time of obtaining control of our Club and we'd actually have been able to prioritise a 150 year celebration..!!

Outside of all that, be fvckin thankful your and I's Club is healthy and a kick in the arse off turning the tide in Scotland's footballing world whilst still having to kick back the tide of fannies trying to halt us in our tracks at every turn.

Even if it takes a few years after the initial celebration of 150 years I'd happily wait on an announcement made around thetime of what the Board hopes to do for it !

Dont tell me I’ve to be grateful , cheers anyway for the advice :rolleyes: . I’ve made it clear my gratitude to King and the board these past couple of years.

We are discussing the land around Ibrox and so far , nothing has been done . That’s a fact , are you wanting to deny it ? Nobody said we expect everything done at once , nobody is asking too much , it’s been stated by king plans are in place for the surrounds of Ibrox for our 2022 anniversary celebrations and so far I’m noting with two years to go all we have is a court case for a failed memorial garden to show for it .

It doesn’t leave much time however we await a progress update and we shall hope that the board pull a rabbit out the hat .

Spare me your “ just be grateful “ lecture , thanks all the same .

Some banners,lighting on the main stand upgraded,general tidy up,Edminston house partly open and running the Ibrox complex. If people are waiting for lots of things being built and a huge transformation then you're going to be dissapointed.

You are delusional if you think anything major can now be done within two years . The pace that our board do things ? Give yourself a shake.

There will be no walkway/memorial garden/fanzone or anything similar in place by 2022. Mark this thread and we will come back to it.
Who wants a walkway, garden or fanzone for our 150th year?

Title 55 will do.

Leave that tat for the tims. That place looks like dobbies garden centre with all the shite round it and banners. Looks cheap as %^*& and it is cheap as %^*&

All that is missing are a few gnomes, that will only be so they dont get pumped though.

Something needs to be done about those banners at the top of the Copland/Broomloan stands. Looked great when they first went up but now looking really shabby.

Who wants a walkway, garden or fanzone for our 150th year?

Title 55 will do.

Leave that tat for the tims. That place looks like dobbies garden centre with all the shite round it and banners. Looks cheap as %^*& and it is cheap as %^*&

All that is missing are a few gnomes, that will only be so they dont get pumped though.

mentally challengeds not tims:cool:

Planning, funding, construction on any decent scale would take that long at least. Truth is we have bigger priorities on the pitch just now.

We have threads in here talking about memorial gardens , walkways , even expanding Ibrox .

Id like some basic housekeeping done - just watched the colts v Wrexham game and clear as day you can see green moss growing on top of the tunnel at Ibrox . It looks absolutely horrendous. It’s not being picky , it is a cheap fix that needs seen to .

Let’s get the basics right before anything else . Who is responsible for a basic job like that ?

Last edited:
We have threads in here talking about memorial gardens , walkways , even expanding Ibrox .

Id like some basic housekeeping done - just watched the colts v Wrexham game and clear as day you can see green moss growing on top of the tunnel at Ibrox . It looks absolutely horrendous. It’s not being picky , it is a cheap fix that needs seen to .

Let’s get the basics right before anything else . Who is responsible for a basic job like that ?
The general maintenance is shocking.
Weeds and moss around the site and on the brick panels. Bird mess under the Jardine Stand and rubbish lying about.
All easily dealt with by the ground staff. Surely the board can find the money for an industrial power washer?

The general maintenance is shocking.
Weeds and moss around the site and on the brick panels. Bird mess under the Jardine Stand and rubbish lying about.
All easily dealt with by the ground staff. Surely the board can find the money for an industrial power washer?

Agreed but most of it at least isn’t visible on tv .

The fact that now when there’s a game on tv when the players come out the tunnel you can see a pile of green moss growing on top of it is inexcusable.

@Greg Marshall to be fair here’s an issue that can be fixed for little or no money - who is in charge of standards at the ground these days ?

Is the GCC up for election? What are the chances of getting that cow voted out and getting some impartial representation?
As they have altered all the boundaries to bring in certain areas under others to strengthen their hold it will be very difficult to outvote snp/ira councillors out of office

Agreed but most of it at least isn’t visible on tv .

The fact that now when there’s a game on tv when the players come out the tunnel you can see a pile of green moss growing on top of it is inexcusable.

@Greg Marshall to be fair here’s an issue that can be fixed for little or no money - who is in charge of standards at the ground these days ?

Shouldn't need an SLO or fans on a forum. The club should have a facilities management department like any comparable organisation.

I sometimes wonder what they do all week at Ibrox. The same things people were complaining about on FF 20 years ago are still happening today. Lot of salaries going on people doing hee-haw.

Shouldn't need an SLO or fans on a forum. The club should have a facilities management department like any comparable organisation.

I sometimes wonder what they do all week at Ibrox. The same things people were complaining about on FF 20 years ago are still happening today. Lot of salaries going on people doing hee-haw.

Ive checked back on RTV footage and the moss on top of the tunnel has been getting worse since the start of the season , but looks particularly dreadful on the film of the Wrexham game and Porto . Fcking MOSS growing , I mean an hour with a kercher and some spray and that’s the job done . Beaming worldwide playing in europa league showcasing our historic ground , with garden moss growing on the players tunnel . It’s just unacceptable.

There’s a reason the piggery is being framed as a showpiece while Ibrox is being hidden away behind social housing and we have had problems over the fan zone . Theres a hostile Scottish government and city council we have to deal with .

also there’s a lot of work needing done around the stadium and while I support the idea of a memorial garden , this should be the cherry on toponce a fanzone , shopping area , Edmiston house , possible extension of Ibrox , Rangers walkway are all complete .

Ive checked back on RTV footage and the moss on top of the tunnel has been getting worse since the start of the season , but looks particularly dreadful on the film of the Wrexham game and Porto . Fcking MOSS growing , I mean an hour with a kercher and some spray and that’s the job done . Beaming worldwide playing in europa league showcasing our historic ground , with garden moss growing on the players tunnel . It’s just unacceptable.

File it under toilets a mess, broken seats, lick of paint needed, etc.

It honestly wouldn't be difficult for Rangers to permanently employ a team of tradesmen and give them a jobs list every week.

The club have been in dialogue with Glasgow city council for a number of years about the part pedestrianisation of Edmiston Drive. Patience required.

Are you sure about this Alex?

We've been crying out for this for years.

Last edited:

This does my head in as well.

When the camera cuts to Gerrard in the dugout — which it does a lot — the rusty, dirty perimeter boards are clearly visible. It looks so tinpot.

It honestly wouldn't be difficult for Rangers to permanently employ a team of tradesmen and give them a jobs list every week.
I thought the pools pays for stadium maintenance?

Do we not already have one? I'm sure in the past I've seen a photo of some guys at matches with a flag bearing the logo 'Rangers FC Maintenance Team' and others confirmed they were indeed guys that worked at Ibrox.

I'm far from certain - but its come from somewhere.

Ive read it . Again , it was the board who announced plans for memorial garden, not the fans .

Having heard more about the memorial garden I’m glad the board listened to the views of Mr Greig and shelved it.

The idea of a memorial garden is fine, but the plans this company supposedly lead by a Rangers fan had was far from a befitting tribute.

Having heard more about the memorial garden I’m glad the board listened to the views of Mr Greig and shelved it.

The idea of a memorial garden is fine, but the plans this company supposedly lead by a Rangers fan had was far from a befitting tribute.

So am I it sounds horrific what they had planned , a mechanical greg bending down to give everyone a high 5 ? What the actual Fck were they thinking ?

if the club want to see what a fitting memorial is for a large number of people who tragically passed away too soon , look no further than Aberfan in Wales . The ground where the school was is a stunning and touching garden of remembrance now immaculately maintained .

I realise putting something like that in the vicinity of a football ground is a no go , but a load of thought needs put into something so poignant . It needs to be a lasting , stunning symbol of respect for 66 lost souls .

Ive read it . Again , it was the board who announced plans for memorial garden, not the fans .
Yes, but tthat's not the point.

I was commenting on folk who aren't pleased that things aren't being done to celebrate our anniversary and I was pointing out we were lucky that our club had survived but were now not happy that a load of cash wasn't being spent on the anniversary.

Just pointing out we should be glad we still have a club.

Back