Larne progress past Aarhus - Congratulate the British team that progressed in Denmark this week

I like that you've gone with UK based sides, rather than British as in the thread title.

There was only one British side playing in Denmark.

Well as Northern Ireland is British so are its football teams. So Larne are a British side.

Just been up the town. The place is buzzing and everyone is talking about the result. For anyone who doesn't follow the Irish League, this is Larne's first ever time in Europe and they've won 3 and drawn 1. The club was formed in 1889 and were in the doldrums until Kenny Bruce, the founder of Purple Bricks, took over. He has invested heavily and the players are all now full time. The stadium is getting rebuilt and a whole infrastructure put in place to benefit the local community. The town has been the butt of many jokes for years but not so much now!

Just been up the town. The place is buzzing and everyone is talking about the result. For anyone who doesn't follow the Irish League, this is Larne's first ever time in Europe and they've won 3 and drawn 1. The club was formed in 1889 and were in the doldrums until Kenny Bruce, the founder of Purple Bricks, took over. He has invested heavily and the players are all now full time. The stadium is getting rebuilt and a whole infrastructure put in place to benefit the local community. The town has been the butt of many jokes for years but not so much now!
And the big difference is now whole town is buying into it. Bruce has put his money where is mouth is and delivered the stadium and the infrastructure. I was sceptical when he came in with all the big ideas but slowly and surely its taking shape quicker than most thought. The Irish league is looking in pretty decent shape and hopefully more provincial teams can step up.

I like that you've gone with UK based sides, rather than British as in the thread title.

There was only one British side playing in Denmark.
British Isles.

Even if a club from enemy territory got through in Denmark you could technically say a British side.
Thanks for that! Never heard of lorne but must try some next time I'm over for a game.
Only heard of lorne by working with weirdo-types for offer of large piles of cash. Think it was Edinburgh or Stirling.

They call it slice where I'm from.

Would recommend Duncan's on Church Street in Port Glasgow, run by a yahoo & big Kingy the Loyal Protestant!

Yes. It is product placement.

Amazing result to add to some excellent ones by Linfield and Coleraine over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Fantastic for local football in NI.
I knew the Larne result was both:

a) Historically excellent with regards to modern football in Northern Ireland
b) Historically awful with regards to modern football in Denmark

But I knew AFG Aarhus were from Denmark.

Borac Banka Luca, on the other hand, I thought they were from the Eurovision Song Contest.

Well done Larne!
Wish I had watched that game now.
Hope they can kick on from that result and go on a bit of a run. Interesting that a poster mentioned they got some investment from Purple Bricks. If that’s the case good on them for supporting small communities.

Great results for both Larne and the Blues .
well done to both although a bit pee'd off at larne for nabbing ben doherty this week from the Bannsiders .euro money spent.
Mr purple bricks has fired some serious dosh at them and just might be the season they start to click on the park . anything outside top 2 will be a failure but plenty of teams gearing up for their own go at the title .
Coleraine season tickets on sale from monday .Oh happy days :D

I am getting the impression that the standard in the Irish League has been improving during the past few seasons. Teams like Coleraine, Crusaders and Larne seem to be becoming more competitive. Is that the case?
Crus losing their way a bit atm. players leaving and lack of euro money over the last 2 seasons won't have helped their cause as they have a very small support but a great wee club who came back from the death around 15 years ago .still very capable on their day but the glens have been following larne in firing money at their team lately and they will be up there too .glenavon have made some good signings,esp departing blues players .
could be a scrap for a top 6 finish for many by the split .i ve a feeling the crus could be the victims this season .their red scum, not so friendly neighbours in north belfast sure to be top 6 i'd say

Back