Last 16 Draw - Friday 12:00

Give me Arsenal so we can rub the wee rhat Tierneys face in us playing them as champions then knocking his team out, it would absolutely be the cherry on top of the cake for all the gloating the wee prick done B-):shh:
Should we draw them - how many $$$$$ will you bet on us.

Piece of cake, right :rolleyes:

100% Young Boys causing a shock to Leverkusen as well :eek:
Young Boys where pretty good when we played them as well. I would say as well that the Leverkusen they beat was nowhere near as good as the Leverkusen we played.
Would be a proper 50-50 game if we got them.

Young Boys where pretty good when we played them as well. I would say as well that the Leverkusen they beat was nowhere near as good as the Leverkusen we played.
I thought they were the poorest team in the group to be honest, should have worn a mask taking 4 points off us.

Leverkusen have regressed quite a bit due to losing players, quite weird in the sense the Danish mob pumped YB 3-0 in the CL this season.

Yet YB are beating Leverkusen 5-3 just now, look at how their European campaigns went last season :))

Last edited:
I still think we let Young Boys off the hook last season should have got more from the two games Leverkusen still a great side but you may be right on their regard

I thought they were the poorest team in the group to be honest, should have worn a mask taking 4 points off us.

Leverkusen have regressed quite a bit due to losing players, quite weird in the sense the Danish mon pumped a YB 3-0 in the CL this season.

Yet YB are beating Leverkusen 5-3 just now, look at how their European campaigns went last season :))
Wouldn't say they where the poorest, they did beat us over 2 games. Although we certainly handed it them.

Updated list I want AC!

Arsenal (ENG)
Molde (NOR)
Granada (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Ajax (NED)
Tottenham (ENG)
Villarreal (ESP)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Manchester United (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA)
Slavia Praha (CZE)
Roma (ITA)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Young Boys (SUI)
Olympiacos (GRE)

There will be no seeding for this round of fixtures. Do we want the glamour tie or the easiest possible. Personally, I'm just be happy to have our name in the draw, everything else is a bonus.

Date of Fixture:
First legs: 11 March
Second legs: 18 March

Teams:

Arsenal (ENG)
Molde (NOR)
Granada (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Ajax (NED)
Tottenham (ENG)
Villarreal (ESP)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Manchester United (ENG)
AC Milan (ITA)
Slavia Praha (CZE)
Roma (ITA)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Young Boys (SUI)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Molde granada kiev Zagreb olympiacos pls

Roma probably stand out team that you'd rather not get, other than we're on our wayyyy

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but will the draw be on YouTube or hesgoal? I'll be at work and need to watch it in the van and really want to watch it live.

Fixture reversals can happen from now on if both are home in the same leg

Arsenal - Tottenham - Arsenal ranked higher - City clash

Dynamo Kiev - Shakhtar Donetsk - Shakhtar ranked higher - Stadium issue both use the National Stadium in Kiev

Doesn't really effect fan travel since none really can travel

My ignorant opinion.

We can deal with:

Molde
Slavia
Young Boys
Dinamo Zagreb

50/50:

Villarreal
Olympiakos
Dynamo Kyiv

We'd be underdogs:

Spurs
Shakhtar
Man Utd
Granada
Roma
Arsenal
Ajax
Milan

Of the latter bunch I'd be most confident against Arsenal, Milan and maybe Ajax. Granada are a complete unknown quantity to me.

My ignorant opinion.

We can deal with:

Molde
Slavia
Young Boys
Dinamo Zagreb

50/50:

Villarreal
Olympiakos
Dynamo Kyiv

We'd be underdogs:

Spurs
Shakhtar
Man Utd
Granada
Roma
Arsenal
Ajax
Milan

Of the latter bunch I'd be most confident against Arsenal, Milan and maybe Ajax. Granada are a complete unknown quantity to me.
Granada into 50/50, kyiv and olympiakos into ‘we can deal with’ for me.

Dividing them into best and worst IMO

Best
Molde
Grenada
Villareal
Kyiv
Slavia
Dinamo Zagreb
Young Boys?

Worst
Shakhtar
Arsenal
Ajax
Tottenham
Man Utd
AC Milan
Roma
Olympiakos?

Anybody know which teams we could get where our home game might not be able to be at Ibrox due to travel restrictions? Granada would be one I presume.

Watching Spurs play Prague just now and they both look very average.

Maybe that tie has spoiled me
Watched all the highlights from first round and there were no real standouts. Teams will now be looking at our work rate and movement up front and want to give us a miss. We can go far if we can reproduce that type of form.

Anybody know which teams we could get where our home game might not be able to be at Ibrox due to travel restrictions? Granada would be one I presume.

I think all of our potential opponents would be able to come to Ibrox as things stand right now. There is still an elite sport exemption in Scotland and none of the teams are from countries in England's red list, although that could change.

Back