Last 2 transfer windows

Laudrup12345

The last 2 transfer windows have been very poor and we’re now starting to see the affects of it! The team has a stale look about it and needs freshened up.

The last 2 windows we’ve brought in
Wright
Simpson
Bacuna
Sakala
Ofoborh
Lundstram

Early days for one or two but you can’t say that any of these players get in our starting 11 with everybody fit.

January is going to be massive

The windows have been horrendous and have put us on the back foot.

Still not sure what Ross Wilson gets so much praise for, although I do appreciate there's also the Scouting team involved in who we get.

It should be abundantly clear to everyone by now that the money just isn’t there to add any better quality than we already have done.

The only way it’s happening is if we a) qualify for the CL, or b) sell some players for big fees and reinvest the money prudently.

I think Gerrard and Wilson have tried to do the best they can with the limited resources available to them.

January is going to be a non event unfortunately.

The only way we'll get cash to spend is if we win the league and qualify for the CL.

Neither look to be happening at the mo.

We need to stop signing predominately project players, we don’t seem to have developed any of them effectively.

In January we need a centre back and an forward that are good enough to go straight into the team. If it needs to be loans then fine

I'm not sure if they get a pass there either tbh.

Almost all of them players (with the exception of Sakala) when they were signing people went wtf and were a bit confused and that's not even with the benefit of hindsight.

The management and DOF need to then take responsibility. It's not good enough. Not even in the effort department either because most folk scoffed so why do our employees who have legitimately forgot more about football than we know not see it too?
Lundstram was / is a solid if unspectacular signing who made a lot of sense. Sakala adds pace to the attack, Bacuna a little bit of flair to the midfield (supposedly).

I also think the latter was probably added when it became clear Ofoborh wasn’t going to be playing anytime soon.

It’s been desperately slim pickings, but no one really wants to face up to just how bad our situation is that these additions were all we could afford.

Morelos and Roofe will score goals if we create chances. Therefore having a fit Ryan Kent and more midfield creativity is vital.

Having said that if you don't lose goals you stand a better chance of winning so tightening up defensively is equally important.

Something has to click soon because I don't think there will be much movement come January.

It should be abundantly clear to everyone by now that the money just isn’t there to add any better quality than we already have done.

The only way it’s happening is if we a) qualify for the CL, or b) sell some players for big fees and reinvest the money prudently.

I think Gerrard and Wilson have tried to do the best they can with the limited resources available to them.

I don't really see the sell to buy being a big issue as it's a common problem. If that was what was needed in the summer it's how we should have approached it.

Instead we decided to hang on to what we had and it's not looking like paying many dividends. I would say that every single one of those assets will not be going for anything close to the money we hoped.

I don't really see the sell to buy being a big issue as it's a common problem. If that was what was needed in the summer it's how we should have approached it.

Instead we decided to hang on to what we had and it's not looking like paying many dividends. I would say that every single one of those assets will not be going for anything close to the money we hoped.
Did we? Or did we simply not receive any concrete offers?

I think we expected to sell one of our higher value players in the summer and use some of that money to reinvest in the team. We didn't get the valuation we wanted so couldn't bring in the players we prioritised.

January will probably be a couple of loans unless someone comes in for one of our higher value players.

When you have little money then scouting and recruitment needs to be bang on.
The majority of players brought in during the last two windows can't get in the first 11.

The last 2 to 3 windows have been a disaster and is a huge part of why we're struggling.

I'm yet to be convinced of what Ross Wilson brings to us. Other than a list of rubbish lower league players from England.

We need to stop signing predominately project players, we don’t seem to have developed any of them effectively.

In January we need a centre back and an forward that are good enough to go straight into the team. If it needs to be loans then fine
100% agree

This will get the usual we’re skint stuff, but we had to spend to improve the first 11 prior to malmo… we didn’t… lost out on the CL revenue this year, and if it keeps going this way will lose out again next year. January might be too late to sort this mess given we are about to embark on an away scenario involving hearts, hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Celtic.

Why wilson has let goldson run his contract down is beyond me

The last 2 to 3 windows have been a disaster and is a huge part of why we're struggling.

I'm yet to be convinced of what Ross Wilson brings to us. Other than a list of rubbish lower league players from England.
I've not see anything to suggest he's the right man for the job.

The bulk of our main players were all signed pre Wilson.

Our scouting appears to be line drawn of old targets/raid a Championship club it's pathetic.

I think with limited resources this is always likely to happen. Not always, but money tends to be needed to get quality players. We’re having to take gambles and hope they pay off.

My bigger gripe is when we have spent, and not always well. The transfer fees for Roofe and Itten for example I would argue haven’t been what we would have hoped for.

The midfield has been cobbled together on essentially free transfers with £50k for Kamara thrown in over 4 years now. I get we’ve had to finance a healthy wage for the likes of Lundstram, but at some point we should have addressed that key area of the pitch instead of wasting money stacking up a load of squad players.

Thinking back to this week of all weeks when Walter bought Jelavic. He went small squad, and decided to go quality over quantity. You need a bit of luck with injuries, but I would rather have gone down that road than have the bloated squad we have now.

Gerrard has final say on every transfer he is the man nothing to do with Wilson he sorts out contracts
Wilson is in charge of the scouting department. If the calibre of player we are looking at is poor then that is his responsibility.

As for only sorting out contracts, he isn’t doing very well on that either. We have a frightening number of players who will only have 18 months on their contracts left by the time January arrives and we’ve allowed our vice-captain to run his deal down.

I think with limited resources this is always likely to happen. Not always, but money tends to be needed to get quality players. We’re having to take gambles and hope they pay off.

My bigger gripe is when we have spent, and not always well. The transfer fees for Roofe and Itten for example I would argue haven’t been what we would have hoped for.

The midfield has been cobbled together on essentially free transfers with £50k for Kamara thrown in over 4 years now. I get we’ve had to finance a healthy wage for the likes of Lundstram, but at some point we should have addressed that key area of the pitch.
The lack of investment in our midfield has been appalling and has been brought up at length over Gerrard's tenure.

A midfield that's now showing it's limitations.

This will get the usual we’re skint stuff, but we had to spend to improve the first 11 prior to malmo… we didn’t… lost out on the CL revenue this year, and if it keeps going this way will lose out again next year. January might be too late to sort this mess given we are about to embark on an away scenario involving hearts, hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Celtic.

In hindsight, cashing in on Goldson and probably Barisic was probably the move to make

Got to agree with you mate our failure to speculate to accumulate could well cost us at least £60 million.

Failure to achieve champions league football this season and next season would be catastrophic.

Back