Last 5 Games-7 Goals!

Tough run of fixture
13 out of 15 points.
In the same period of time the tims have taken 8/15
It’s the only stat that matters.

as much as it wouldn’t be good for my blood pressure I would take 14 wins and 14 goals from the remaining games

Last edited:
We need our first pick front three hitting 50 goals a season between them. Roofe is pulling his weight but the rest (Kent and Morelos) are failing the team in this regard.

Think we have done well enough throughout December and this month so far, compare those fixtures to the scums who had it far easier.

Their goal similar to the one they got at Ibrox. if he dived towards the ball then their player wouldn’t have been near it . Maybe being too fussy about conceding a goal.

We’ve been slowly getting back into the get it wide and cross it tactic that can be very hit or miss for us. I think we need to focus a bit more playing through the middle with quick one touch passing.

Although we haven’t scored too many, I also don’t remember us missing too many clear cut chances either.

We also have a bit of a habit of overplaying sometimes.
I think it depends where your crossing from,if you can get in behind the full backs and get a cross in its a very dangerous play as usually the defenders are then facing their own goal a bit like the 2 goals Motherwell have scored against us.Trying to play through the middle when they have 11 players in the box is pretty difficult.

We need Roofe for that imo mate

Roofe would help but playing balls into the channels with Morelos on the half turn is still a good tactic

I think it depends where your crossing from,if you can get in behind the full backs and get a cross in its a very dangerous play as usually the defenders are then facing their own goal a bit like the 2 goals Motherwell have scored against us.Trying to play through the middle when they have 11 players in the box is pretty difficult.

My point was that I think we should be mixing it up.

I’ve no issue with getting it wide and crossing it, it’s been productive for us. I think we’re at our best when we play with variety in our play, meaning we play through and play around.

We had many more moves around the Motherwell penalty box than they had around ours.

It's not as if this was a 50/50 game or anything.

The stats show we had way more possession, shots, plus touches in the opposition box.

We definitely weren't at our best today, but we were the better team by a mile and could've and should've won the game.

I was only making the point that the pitch, particularly in the middle, wasn't ideal for a fast one touch passing game.
The biggest complaint I had about today was the lack of shooting from around the edge of the area. Despite the packed defence, there were several good opportunities for a pop from the edge of the box. Not one of our strong points.

Back