last 5 games in the split

GERS FC

Don,t know if has been brought up yet. we could on paper be playing 5 away games if it finished up tims .sheep the 2 spoon burner teams, Killie or Dundee in the top 6. timmy melt down if we get 2 home games.

Something similar happened a few years back and we ended up playing teams away 3 times but also at home 3 times to make sure we had played 19 home and 19 away that season. Obviously the old firm would never be changed.

Usually they use the teams with nothing to compete for as "leverage" in these situations. Don't know how exactly it will work out but probably end up with a home game vs Killie or something.

By the time of the split, we'll have played 17 home games and 16 away matches.

That means the split will give us 2 more at home (most likely Hearts or whoever finishes 5th and against whoever finishes 6th) and 3 away (against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen).

The split is never perfect and in my opinion makes the league a bit of a laughing stock - I'd personally have a 10 team top tier and play 36 fixtures, with 2 home and away against each side. Expand the Championship and have 2 teams guaranteed to come up and go down, with a playoff for a third spot. The fixtures a split throws out will never be completely fair.

By the time of the split, we'll have played 17 home games and 16 away matches.

That means the split will give us 2 more at home (most likely Hearts or whoever finishes 5th and against whoever finishes 6th) and 3 away (against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen).

The split is never perfect and in my opinion makes the league a bit of a laughing stock - I'd personally have a 10 team top tier and play 36 fixtures, with 2 home and away against each side. Expand the Championship and have 2 teams guaranteed to come up and go down, with a playoff for a third spot. The fixtures a split throws out will never be completely fair.
We've been better away from home more often than not for quite some time now so not too concerned who we need to travel to and play tbh.

Don,t know if has been brought up yet. we could on paper be playing 5 away games if it finished up tims .sheep the 2 spoon burner teams, Killie or Dundee in the top 6. timmy melt down if we get 2 home games.
Don't worry too much,we have a pretty good record on the road.

Back