Last Bear standing World Cup edition

Morton Goal

Anyone up for this for a laugh?

Pick a team from each round of fixtures and if the team draws or loses then your participation goes home.

To make life more difficult - you can only pick the same team once so you wouldn't want to waste the big guns in the group stages naturally.

No entry, no prize as such apart from being the last bear standing.

Obviously as I've just thought of it for no reason really entries will have to be in as soon as but there's no closing date until the first set of group games have finished (Thursday).

UPDATE GROUP ENTRIES CANCELLED STARTING FROM KNOCK OUTS.

Extra time and penalties get you through.

Morton goal - England.

Last edited:
Last call for anyone wanting Ecuador or Qatar this afternoon.

Anyone wanting one of tomorrows selections have them in by midday tomorrow and then will be a 10pm deadline from then on in.

Get entering people :)

Added guys.

Going off until tomorrow now I'll add everyone from midday. Any picks from tomorrows games have to be in by then.

If you want to choose your second pick for the next round of fixtures feel free at any stage to also once your 1st pick gets your through. Remember you cannae select the same team again all tournament.

Cheers guys all updated and added :)

Please feel free to comment if I baws up as never done this before but great response and hopefully runs all good and smoothly.

All entries will count and I'll update tomorrow before and after tomorrows games.

Instead of a through beside your team, if it goes blue then you go through if it goes red then your chance goes dead. (sorry can't go with green/there goes the dream as I hate the colour).

Cheers guys and good luck. Delighted with the response and still plenty time to enter for anyone else that wants to join in thats caught it late. The final deadline will be Wednesday at 10pm for Thursdays final round of group games.

Anyone fancy arranging one for money? Say £5 a head
Here dinnae be hijacking my idea haha.

Seriously just a bit of fun for me this and wouldn't want to take away the just for fun aspect of the posters not wanting to gamble.

I could though add the money into it (to be held by admin or whatever) and the posters who have added funds to it can battle it out until the last poster whos got a £5 beside their name is the last one to stand and wins the pot but not my overall game if that makes sense? This would begin from the second round as the first is far too close to set up.

If not feel free to create another one its all good.

Here dinnae be hijacking my idea haha.

Seriously just a bit of fun for me this and wouldn't want to take away the just for fun aspect of the posters not wanting to gamble.

I could though add the money into it (to be held by admin or whatever) and the posters who have added funds to it can battle it out until the last poster whos got a £5 beside their name is the last one to stand and wins the pot but not my overall game if that makes sense? This would begin from the second round as the first is far too close to set up.

If not feel free to create another one its all good.
Nah mate that sounds great to me. If not it will still be fun so whatever you think is best mate.

Back