Last europa game at home vs young boys - crucial

It’s crucial regardless for the coefficient.

It could be the difference between being seeded in next years qualifiers in the 3rd round.

7 Points is surely the very least amount we would need to sneak through in 2nd place-maybe even 8.

So can we be on 4/5 points going in to the Young Boys at home game? It’s very doable but only if we win on Thursday IMO. We need to be looking at around 6/9 points at home and try and get at least 1/9 the Away games and we have a fair chance.

You’d have to imagine Porto when you look at their squad, the value of it and the fact they often get through to last 16 or further of Champions League they will pick up at least 10 points or more and win the group. The battle is on for 2nd.

Let’s focus on Feyenoord at home first lads n see how that goes first.

Not gawna lie though, I’m hoping of going to Feyenoord for a draw to go through. Would be nice revenge for 2002

Feyenord are probably the one team we could beat at home. Just wish we were facing them when playing well and on form with no injury problems.

This group will be incredibly tough. I reckon there'll be lots of drawn games. Winning this first tie is crucial, if even for psychological reasons.

Yeah, this will be a tough group. We will be doing well to get anything in many of the games if we are not at our best.

Qualifying is a possibility but it will be tough.

I would bite your hand off for it going to the last game. We have done very well to get here, qualifying out this group would be one of our major achievements in Europe.

Not if we win the 1st 5, then it will be a carnival atmosphere.

Bootleg Beatles on live before the match starts, followed by an operatic and moving version of Derry's Walls.

Game will be free flowing football, non fearing with everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the crowd on a positive feel with zero negativity and the UBs leading the whole stadium in a co-ordinated bouncy at the glee of a throw in on the halfway line. We'll run out 3-0 winners with 3 penalties due to them being (of course) stone wallers and our players getting right into the referee's face.

At half time, customary free rolls and pies will be handed out to the crowd as well as bar staff firing hoses Staropramen into the crowd, again free of charge. The Falkirk DJ will be put in stocks as kids pay 50p to hurl rotten fruit at him with all proceeds going to buying towels for the new changing facility at HTC.

Folk will be reluctant to leave as the subway will be extended and anyone who dares has to leave will be smiled and waved at as the crowd break into an extended version of 'Three Little Birds' which will last from 75 minutes till 90.

Last year we were away to vienna away for a tough tie to qualify. If it's still in the balance you would fancy our chances.
Would you? I think a lot of people are underestimating Young Boys. If we had been drawn against FC Basel I think most of our fans would be hoping for a draw or two.

Last season Young Boys won the league at a canter, 20 points ahead of Basel. Potentially a more difficult tie than Porto in my eyes.

Thanks to everyone that pointed out it is a tough group. I fu€king know that. IF we are still iin the mix then having young boys at home us crucial.

Knew some lady's front bottom £unt would say this

Yeah mate because I insinuated 3 points would be enough to qualify, didnt I?

Good post pal, would read again.
You knew some (unt would say that? How very astute of you, so here’s another one, we haven’t played the first game yet and some (unts blabbing on about the last one.

You knew some (unt would say that? How very astute of you, so here’s another one, we haven’t played the first game yet and some (unts blabbing on about the last one.
Ah I forgot we weren't allowed to speak hypothetically. Sorry mate.

Last year we were away to vienna away for a tough tie to qualify. If it's still in the balance you would fancy our chances.

YBB are a handy side, easy on the eye and will surprise many in the group. If we got a draw in the game in Berne it would be a good result given the backing they'll get

I'd still prioritise the league games tbh

Got to get off to a winning start on Thursday and take it from there. Tough group but given our status at the moment that's going to be the case for the foreseeable.

Bring it on I say.

Can see alot of goals on thursday as Staam has said they are coming to win and attack. League is priority for me but would like a couple of home wins in Europe:) I'm gonna say 3-2 Rangers

How is it? See when the SPFL fixture lists are realised people on this forum discuss how "December will be a tough month". How is this any different?

The equivalent would be looking at the 38th game in the league (were all fixtures released at season's beginning) and saying how crucial it is. We could be fifteen points behind second place by then, or we could have qualified two games previously.

Your not taking the replies very well mate. Triggered at every opportunity
I'm just taking the opportunity to swear at posters.. I get its hypothetical, but it's not as if I'm trying to predict our europa league semi final opposition! Plus I hate that "game at a time" stuff. That's for the team to focus on. As fans we can discuss our chances in general.

We'll be doing well to match last season's points total in the Group Stage.

Every point is worth money and co-efficient points though so the more the merrier. I am not expecting us to qualify but if we can take it to the last game with a chance that would be tremendous.

If we are on 4 or even 5 points are the first 3 games that will be great.
Leaves us with 2 home games and a great chance of qualifying.
Group is going to be tough, but hopefully get a good start with 3 on Thursday

Alright all the "game at a time" gang. We allowed to talk about our chances of qualifying yet?

Game last night at home and game at home against Young boys will be the deciders for us and the group,

We are half way through the crucial ones and 100% success. Thats not to say there not all crucial - but 6 points against the Dutch and Swiss and we are in a " good place" Copyright Steven Gerrard.

I can see this group being tight and us being bottom of the group or joint bottom, going into the last match on something like 5 points, and a win putting us through.

Back