Last Man Standing Competition 4 Registration thread.

We currently have 133 players and a pot of £665 before Saturdays deadline.

Before I put up the thread for round 1 tomorrow I was wanting to see the appetite for changing the format slightly and going with 1 team selection all the way through rather than 2 teams after round 4?

Changing the format would give us the possibility of a rollover and a bigger pot.

Be lucky to have 3 rounds in a season with that format. If you went out in week one to a freak result, it’s a long time coming back round.

Just my opinion obviously.

Be lucky to have 3 rounds in a season with that format. If you went out in week one to a freak result, it’s a long time coming back round.

Just my opinion obviously.
In that sense there would also be a lot of players out in week 1 then?

I liked it how it was. Maybe from round 5 all picks must be in by midday Saturday (or before the first match starts) and no changes after. It could be manipulated when people can change up to kick off, just something I thought of when involved with less players last time - maybe just me thinking of how I could give myself the best chance of winning that mind!

I also like the current format. Tried and tested.
1 team in the early rounds breaks everyone in.
2 teams makes it difficult enough to start weeding folks out...sometimes quickly.
I don't like the idea of a roll over.

My preference is for more frequent competitions with more folk winning a nice prize over the season.

I like it the way it is. I know there is other LMS out there that have people who get to the final and if no one wins it rolls over but imo I don’t agree with that. If 2 guys get to a final then surely it gets halved rather than everyone back in again as how is it fair for someone who gets first roundered to be back in with guys who could go 7/8 weeks into the comp.

The consensus is definitely for the status quo so I'm more than than happy to go with that for the first round tomorrow.

The current format is ok but i would prefer if we could just pick teams for the top league in england, at a push add the spl as well.

If wanting to remain one pick after round 4, then reduce the number of options and make it from one division - for example, English Championship only.

You’d also have to plan accordingly weeks 1-4, if this was the case.

We currently have 145 players and a pot of £725, still time for new players to enter before Saturdays 12:30 deadline.

We currently have 170 players and a pot £850, still 4 hours till the deadline for payment.

Back