Last minute winners/concedes

Ricksen

Last minute winners are overrated. They feel good, but unless it’s a cup match or an OF match, too many of them are a bad sign.

Warburton had a lot of them. Remember the 2nd and 3rd last games of his reign? Both last minute winners, but we all knew it was papering over the cracks, and his last game showed that.

Lennon essentially secured the title with I don’t know how many last minute winners towards the end of the season. But it’s not a reliable way to win the league.

We’ve had the opposite problem of losing last minute goals, and although they feel awful, it’s not that difficult a problem to fix. A few decent players is all we need to turn those draws into wins.

Conversely the pederast protectors don’t need to regress much further for those last minute victories to become draws.

We are far closer to them than they’d like to admit. I’m very very confident for this coming season.

Last minute winners are overrated. They feel good, but unless it’s a cup match or an OF match, too many of them are a bad sign.

Warburton had a lot of them. Remember the 2nd and 3rd last games of his reign? Both last minute winners, but we all knew it was papering over the cracks, and his last game showed that.

Lennon essentially secured the title with I don’t know how many last minute winners towards the end of the season. But it’s not a reliable way to win the league.

We’ve had the opposite problem of losing last minute goals, and although they feel awful, it’s not that difficult a problem to fix. A few decent players is all we need to turn those draws into wins.

Conversely the pederast protectors don’t need to regress much further for those last minute victories to become draws.

We are far closer to them than they’d like to admit. I’m very very confident for this coming season.
We need to shed our own uncanny knack of conceding late ones.
Again, that shouldn't take an awful lot to repair.

55 is on it's way.

We need to shed our own uncanny knack of conceding late ones.
Again, that shouldn't take an awful lot to repair.

55 is on it's way.

The league table which showed the points were games ended in the 80th minute had us only 2 points away from where we ended the season.

It didn't happen too often at all this season.

The league table which showed the points were games ended in the 80th minute had us only 2 points away from where we ended the season.

Aberdeen 1st game and Motherwell away were both injury time equalisers, that's 4 points right there mate. Plus Celtic had last gasp winners 3 weeks in a row if I remember. 10 point swing after 80mins which would've put us top without even looking over the rest of the results this season.

I wouldn’t say they are overrated, Man Utd under Fergie were legendary for them and they were one of the worlds best dudes for 15 years or so.

My personal favourite was probably Lovenkrands in the Scottish Cup final.

My worst was conceding a last minute equaliser to Bayern Munich in the champions league at Ibrox, it was a horrible feeling of deflation.

We've lost goals and dropped points in the last 5 minutes in 5 games that I can think of.
That's a lot for the team 2nd top of the table.

Off the top of my head... Aberdeen and Motherwell both deep into injury time right at the very start of the season.

Motherwell 90th minute
Aberdeen 90th minute
Hibs 87th minute

There's 6 points.

Killie 89th minute
Celtic 85th minute

There's another 2.

Can only think of St Johnstone where we have gained points.

I reckon they gained around 8 points in the last 5 mins with 4 late/very late winners and lost 1 point (Killie).

15 point swing.

All irrelevant as it is a 90 min game and clutching at straws mind you.

Nothing will top Lovenkrands header in the 2002 SCF for me. Absolutely nothing. Given we'd twice been behind and it was the dying seconds of the 90, that goal was delicious on so many levels.

The worst concession for me was the Jan Vennegoor goal at the Chamber of secrets in 2008. It was that goal that swung momentum in their favour and more importantly allowed them and the authorities to engage cheat mode to help them win it. Had we got anything from that game the league was as good as done.

A lot of the games we lost late goals that cost us points, we should have put the game to bed long before. Not down to losing late goals, but not scoring more, especially Hibs in December.

Nothing will top Lovenkrands header in the 2002 SCF for me. Absolutely nothing. Given we'd twice been behind and it was the dying seconds of the 90, that goal was delicious on so many levels.

The worst concession for me was the Jan Vennegoor goal at the Chamber of secrets in 2008. It was that goal that swung momentum in their favour and more importantly allowed them and the authorities to engage cheat mode to help them win it. Had we got anything from that game the league was as good as done.
That goal broke my heart,like you I thought immediately the tide had turned and I feared the worst.I was unfortunately correct!.

Aberdeen 1st game and Motherwell away were both injury time equalisers, that's 4 points right there mate. Plus Celtic had last gasp winners 3 weeks in a row if I remember. 10 point swing after 80mins which would've put us top without even looking over the rest of the results this season.
10 points without looking at when we scored late or they conceded late?
Hardly balanced is it?

Scoring last minute goals to turn defeats into draw and draws in to wins is one of the biggest indicators of a team that can win a title IMO.

If you look back you will find the team that scores more late goals than they concede generally win the league.

Hardly balanced is it?
No it's not, I'm just highlighting examples. However, in terms of balance, someone did post the league table for the year finishing on 80mins a few weeks ago and we were top in that. I'm getting on now though, maybe I read it wrong lol.

Hardly balanced is it?

I think we turned one point into 3 from 75 minutes onwards twice during the whole season. St Mirren and St Johnstone. 4 points gained.

We lost equalisers and three points to one against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs twice. Eight points dropped.

We lost late goals against celtic and Kilmarnock turning draws into defeats, another 2 points dropped, not really just two points against celtic it was a 3 point swing.

They lost late goals in a defeat to Kilmarnock and to draw at Motherwell. 3 points dropped from late goals all season.

From the 75 minute mark they turned draws into wins at Aberdeen, St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Hearts twice and us. 14 points gained.

Pretty shocking when you look at that.

Back