Last nights ref - Some excellent advantages given

MDM

Granted he called a few different to what I thought, but overall I like the way he kept the game going and spoke to the players when they questioned him.

Some excellent advantages given.

Fair play to Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz.

Granted he called a few different to what I thought, but overall I like the way he kept the game going and spoke to the players when they questioned him.

Some excellent advantages given.

Fair play to Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz.

Agreed . Best referee I’ve seen since Collina .

One of the few that although you know they can make a blunder, they actually seem to understand football .

Not many refs like that .

Personally thought some of his decisions were terrible but maybe I should watch it back.

I did like his use of playing advantage but felt he called a few big things wrong, though maybe the linesmen were to blame for some of those more than him.

Was nervous with his stats before the match but he was brilliant apart from decisions regarding Morelos, he must have had lunch with Willie Collum or Steven McLean before the match yesterday considering some of the fouls on alfie he ignored. Wish we could get more refs like him in Scotland though because despite the negative aspect he was far better than the ones up here

Did he agree to his linesman's offside flag when our player was in our half, and the offside kick then got taken in our half just to confirm it.

didn't do much wrong
perhaps the Morelos penalty shout

he was fairly keen to talk to the Buffalo after he'd been fouled on the halfway line (no screaming from Buff) but barely looked at some of their players post-bad fouls

not a major gripe tho

night and day compared to the ones we get here

Considering how card happy he seemed to be by his stats, I thought he had a very good game.

Did he agree to his linesman's offside flag when our player was in our half, and the offside kick then got taken in our half just to confirm it.
He wasn’t looking when that fanny took the free kick in our half.

But the offside was correct, Morelos was offside when he made the motion to go and collect a pass that he picked up in our own half.

Our player ran into our half and was offside , and are the new rules not in place to allow the attacking team to take free kick from where player touches the ball ?

I was right in front of the Morelos one, seen replays as well, still not sure if it’s a penalty tbh

I thought the ref done pretty well
The boy poked the ball away in my eyes borderline I'd say could have went either way. Would have been soft I'd say

At times he tried to do the right thing in allowing advantage but the players just stopped playing, instead expecting the play to be stopped and the foul to be given. There was an occasion in the 2nd half when a Rangers player was allowed to run about 10-15 yards unchallenged whilst both Feyenoord players and Rangers players simply stood and watched. The player in possession then stopped.

I think the best description of the ref last night was that he treated both teams the same.

Which is what they all need to be doing.

Unlike what generally happens in Scotland.

Only mistakes I remember him making was giving them a couple of soft free kicks for what I considered fair shoulder tackles. One by Barasic while tracking back in the first half and another near the half time whistle (i think) near their corner flag. The second one annoyed me the most because Freddy had just been muscled of the ball before one of our guys won it back with an almost identical challenge. And they got the free kick and Alfredo didn't. But that could have been the assistant that gave that one.

But to be honest that's just splitting hairs really. Nothing to gripe about over a 90 minute game. Wonder if I'll see it different watching a rerun. Amazing how often that can be the case.

He was abysmal.

The only good thing he done was keep the flow of the game going.
This. He knew how to play advantage alright, give Feyenoord the advantage of failing to award a second penalty for the foul on Morelos, whilst giving them numerous free kicks after their players dived. Not to mention the allowing of the snidely quick free kick that had Gerrard going mental when he tried to make a sub.

Towards the end of the game, he played advantage to Rangers, when the players just wanted to stop and get a breather.

Definitely recall a couple of excellent advantages, so much so it seemed to surprise our attackers as they hesitated, probably expecting a whistle.

Got a huge call wrong with the Morelos penalty incident, that apart I thought he was good.

I recognised him from watching La Liga games over the years, quick wiki search tells me he's been reffing in La Liga for 11 years.

I was wondering last night why he's reffing Europa and not Champions League when I'm pretty sure he's seen as one of the top refs

In the second half his giving us advantage did us no favours. Free kick please ref.

Back