Last nights traffic...........

davydumper

How bad was it again, 90 f@cking minutes to get to Dumbarton from Ibrox, 25 to get to Ibrox from Dumbarton ffs, who runs the traffic management away from the stadium, btw we were parked outside the police anti terror barriers.

I always get pissed off at the roundabout beside the KFC. when the cops aren't present the traffic flows all directions. But when they control it the tailbacks on all approaches are fucking ridiculous. Idiots.

I always get pissed off at the roundabout beside the KFC. when the cops aren't present the traffic flows all directions. But when they control it the tailbacks on all approaches are fucking ridiculous. Idiots.

I know. Cops at a junction = chaos

I travel up from Helensburgh mate - it’s a total pain in the ass and got significantly worse with new lights towards the new hospital!!

If the council get their way we won’t be able to part anywhere near the stadium!!

It was tje same in opposite dire tion too.

Coming in from the east of glasgow the m74 was tailed back all way past Baillieston.

And on the way home the m74 was down to 1 lane at tollcross. Didnt help everyone racing down outside to nip in at last min.

Absolute shambles.

How bad was it again, 90 f@cking minutes to get to Dumbarton from Ibrox, 25 to get to Ibrox from Dumbarton ffs, who runs the traffic management away from the stadium, btw we were parked outside the police anti terror barriers.
Got back to fife quicker than that last night m8.WATP

M74 lane closures on the way home last night as well. Reduced from 3 to 1 at London Road. Not for the first time after a Rangers game as well I may add.
This seems to be a recurring theme, why the hell at that time of night are there so many delays more so when there is a big f@ck off motorway next to the stadium, I mean it would make more sense to get traffic away from the area as quickly as possible, congestion = pollution, you would think the planners would realise that.

We were 5 mins late getting to our seats and left Uddingston at 6:05 !! Absolute nightmare on the M74 / Quay / PRW.

Missed the first 10 minutes of the game due to traffic, it was ridiculous last night.

90 minutes. %^*& that. Underground to Partick, 3 pints, underground to town, train home and I was less than that.

Normally our bus leaves EK around 6.30 for a midweek game which normally gets us in half an hour before KO at the latest.

We were getting dropped off on edminston drive just as the teams were coming out. Got to my seat about 5 minutes in which wasn't so bad.

Driver was saying after the game that plenty of buses were still coming into the bus park around 15-20 mins into the game.

Back to EK around 1045 last night - which is usually the norm anyway

M77 was tailed back miles as well before the game. Looked like a crash. 77 is a terrible road on our match days. Missed the start again.

Glad I took today off work. Takes idiocy or spite to reduce M74 to a single lane when there's an event on. At least that was only a 20 minute delay

Worse getting to the game too. Left work in Ednburgh 4.15pm and was still 5 minutes late for kick off. Note to myself to leave at Polmadie and not Tradeston in future

I tend to sleep in the car for an hour after the match.

Sometimes I'll take the car and do the the same. Beats sitting in traffic wasting fuel and risking someone driving into the back of you not paying attention.

Sometimes I'll just walk it, can do it in about just over an hour. Depends how lazy I'm feeling on the day :D

The roads layouts around Ibrox have been designed to be as inhospitable as possible on match days.

Not one peep of dissent from our board. It just keeps getting worse. I would suggest that it will do what is designed to do.... Put the arm chair supporter off going to Ibrox.

On top of that.... the streets around the stadium are always disgracefully full of litter.... as if an army of mhutant poets have done their worst prior to match day.

It's a complete disgrace that our board do nothing to put pressure on this rhabid council.

A disgrace.

The game should have been delayed . Everyone knew trains were off and traffic was chaos.

Very poor from whomever decides these things. Many fans missed out last night.
Totally agree... in England it certainly would have. Once again, who cares about the fans as long as they get our money. Took me nearly two hours to get from Stirling

It was a joke again last night. 7 miles of tailbacks along the M74 to Ibrox going to the game. I think there had been an accident and the flow of traffic had never caught up and cleared so just made it even worse.

The way home was a disgrace though. Once again they shut lanes on the M74 after a midweek Rangers game. 3 down to 1 lane. Not for the first time either. I think in the last year or so, during midweek games they have closed the M74 twice and done roadworks about two or three times too. All midweek after a Rangers game.

Parked round from the Grapes and went in to the Pub after the game for 90 mins or so for a cheery post mortem.

Came out and was traffic free.

I guess that's the beauty of staying 20 minutes or so from Ibrox.

I appreciate that some people need to take the car so I'm not having a go at all, but I was back in the house in Dumbarton before 11 o'clock last night. Walked it to Exhibition Centre, train to Partick, change train and up the road. Doddle!

Half an hour on PRW at least!
Usually people are smart and use 2 lanes, games like this though most people seem to be dicks and stick to one lane which just causes mayhem.

Our bus took nearly two hours from passing Cumbernauld to stopping at Ibrox, the traffic was as slow as I've ever seen through Glasgow.

M74 on way back was diabolical - I pulled off at Rutherglen and went down the back road via EK to get to Lesmahagow which wasn't too bad, was at least moving.

My father in law used to be fairly senior in the council, he said all the people in charge of 'planning' were all poets. Not saying the it was deliberate that they reduced 3 lanes down to one at the exact time the match was getting out, /tinfoilhat on. but it was. /tinfoilhat off. :D

On Vale bus back in Dumbarton 70 mins after game.
We left the Vale at 6:

We left the Vale at 6:15 and got to Wee rangers club about 7:15 with one stop in Dumbarton. Was back in the Vale for 10:45. So we were quite lucky.
You sit longer waiting to get up Helen St onto the motorway than it takes to get down the rest of the road.
Traffic cops are hopeless

Left Tullibody at 6.45 got to the Albion car park ten past eight have season ticket for it steward told us to find another car park duly told him to do one and left the car on a pavement must have been at least fifty or sixty. People with permits who didn’t get parked eventually got to my seat at twenty five past eight nightmare.

I wrote to the SLO about the traffic going east as it’s an utter nightmare and can take over an hour to get along PRW. This was never ever the case when the police took control as pointsmen,the squiggly bridge even cuts the traffic going thru past NN10 now so it should be better not worse.
Greg said he was bringing it up at a meeting, may be an idea you dropping him a line re westbound.

Traffic was shocking on M74 getting to game, left cambuslang at 6:45 and didn't get to Ibrox till 10mins into game

We didn't get back to Larkhall till 20 past 11 or something.

Got in to the game 10 minutes late as well, that was with our bus leaving earlier than usual.

Left game at final whistle underground to Partick, car back in Helensburgh 10.40pm. Not breaking speed limit as cop car on the way to Dumbarton behind me.

There are lads from Duns that come into The Bellahouston they missed the first 30 mins of the match.

Last night was a nightmare, 10 mins late because of traffic then smart card wouldn't work had to stand in massive queue at ticket office. Didn't get in to the 25th min

1hr 20mins to get to Ibrox from Bellshill and just 30mins to get home.

Back