Last nights traffic...........

I got home late from work, jumped in the car at 7:10pm at Springburn, normally a 10 minute journey, 20 mins with traffic, was still stuck trying to get off the motorway at 8:05pm, eventually got off and couldn't find a parking space anywhere, had to go back on the motorway and go home.

Raging was an understatement

I still can’t fathom out why at that time of night the police cannot get people away from Ibrox quickly & smoothly as there is no daytime traffic to contend with, the club should be asking questions as to why this happens, it takes away a bit of the feel good factor of winning on the night, just glad we never lost.

I gave up on midweek games last season. Sometimes it would take me 3 hours to drive to Ibrox from East Lothian. Normally it would take just over an hour. After the game if you don't get an flyer I have seen me sit in traffic for over an hour & a half just to get back on the M8. The stress was killing me and I'm sure those roadowrks are all timed to cause as much hassle as possible to the Bears.

I gave up on midweek games last season. Sometimes it would take me 3 hours to drive to Ibrox from East Lothian. Normally it would take just over an hour. After the game if you don't get an flyer I have seen me sit in traffic for over an hour & a half just to get back on the M8. The stress was killing me and I'm sure those roadowrks are all timed to cause as much hassle as possible to the Bears.

We usually give midweek games a miss too cos we’ve got the kids with us. We’re in the Family Stand so miss the home Celtic games though so both home Aberdeen games so far this season being a Wednesday night leaves you feeling like you’re missing a lot if you don’t make it along.

Crazy when you think of it that there is really no alternative to going west other than the by pass and M8.

If coming from North or East and M8, M74 is bad I usually take M74 to Polmadie...then head off and batter through the roads to Cathcart Road, left at the mhanky head and make way to Scotland street before ditching car around Kinning Park and walking to the ground. Reckon from coming off the M74 to sitting in my seat it was just over 40 minutes, as left motorway 6.35 (gridlock for 6 miles ahead of me) and was in ground for before 7.20pm

Left Cumbernauld at 6 and got parked up at 7.20, came off at the Royal and went down High St as the motorway was chaos , left after the penalty , I'm up at 4.45 and wasn't getting stuck for ages .

How bad was it again, 90 f@cking minutes to get to Dumbarton from Ibrox, 25 to get to Ibrox from Dumbarton ffs, who runs the traffic management away from the stadium, btw we were parked outside the police anti terror barriers.
I park at the west end of Bellahouston Park, go along PRW up Berryknowes Road onto motorway, in Dumbarton 40 mins after final whistle, always stay till end.

Was just about to come on and say there were various problems on the roads, including increased traffic due to railway issues. The police also stopped all traffic for the sheep supporters buses.

For anyone in the Albion or Hinshelwood Dr, that doesn't mind being a cheeky bassa, head onto Broomloan Rd southbound towards the M8. Stay in the right hand lane through the lights and take the left turn onto the slip road :D. This works no matter what direction you are travelling.

Back