Last seasons Scottish Cup

Jjbscotty

Is anyone actually now glad that this is getting played to a finish?

They will be playing a lot of catch up games and the pressure will be firmly on them.

I see your point but I could be doing without them celebrating a hugely tainted treble like it’s just normal, while nobody in the MSM says any different.

It’s actually beyond laughable that they are still going to play last season’s Scottish cup with totally different squads!

However I do agree these extra 2 games in an already packed schedule will do them no favours.

I actually think Hearts will beat them on current form.

Aberdeen is it not?

I have zero confidence when dolly play them, usually a roll over and tickle our bellies job. However, if Milan do a job on them this Thursday confidence over there will be shot to pieces in the games leading up to that.

It would be particularly sweet if, like Saturday, their machinations and manipulation of events for their own ends, come back to cost them in the long run.
Poetic justice of sorts. They seem to shout louder than most about these kind of things, or at least their disgusting support does, so for them to lose a serious bit of history would be tremendous.

I don’t think that lot appreciate how much history theve created, albeit grossly tainted and unfairly gained, they are so predisposed with this obsession with beating rangers and this “the ten” nonsense that it could well still come back to bite them right on the arse.

Nothing , not even a small thing like a pandemic , was ever going to stop them from getting another tainted title and a quad treble .

However these extra games won’t help them in their quest for the only one that really matters to them .

Ideal world they get to the final and lose it , not that want to see them win ANY game , but an extra time win to get there would do them no favours as they would have the extra league game to cancel then try fit it , which I believe will Livingstone away to go with sheep at home and another (st Johnstone I think ) at home

Them failing to win it will add even more pressure onto Lennon, he's already alienated half of his squad and it's not November yet.

I can imagine if they knew what the current situation was back in March, they’d have been putting every effort into privately pushing the competition to be binned.

With some luck, karma will finally catch up with them as it’s well overdue for their antics.

Hope these extra games phuck them up with fixture backlogs and Hearts beat them in the final

Hearts will have more desire and fighting spirit than either Hibs or Sheep

The SFA get zero revenue either as no fans will be allowed so their plans to help them get another treble would be pumped and the SFA are shown up as mentally challenged puppets

Complete farce in some ways as Johnny Hayes started the tournament with Celtic but will be playing against them on Sunday.

All 4 teams will also be using players who wouldn't have been eligible to play due to being cup tied in last seasons competition in which this is supposed to be a continuation of but with completely different rules for some reason?

Ultimately though these games will come back and haunt them later in the season.

I've no doubt they will win it, but if they don't then the timplosion from this weekend will be nothing compared to what it will be if they f*ck this up :))

Bad that they get another chance at a trophy but good that it gives us the opportunity to build up a lead while they have to catch up matches.

We need to win though. We had this opportunity when they had matches postponed and we didn't take advantage. Our record at Rugby Park isn't great so it won't be a gimme.

Ideal situation is if they get beat in the final.

It’s actually staggering it is being played, it’s beyond farcical that players could play for different clubs in the same competition, squads and players registered are different from what they were at the outset.

That said, if we were still in it, we would be looking forward to winning it.

the way their fans go on you'd think they had already won it. I will be delighted if they don't do it.
The good thing is it's no longer a given, the cracks are there now for all to see. a team with belief can do that shower.

I don’t want them to ever win a game again but yes the idea of more games for them is not a bad thing. Beat in final would be my preference .

I see your point but I could be doing without them celebrating a hugely tainted treble like it’s just normal, while nobody in the MSM says any different.

It’s actually beyond laughable that they are still going to play last season’s Scottish cup with totally different squads!

However I do agree these extra 2 games in an already packed schedule will do them no favours.

They still have to win 2 games to get that tainited title but it also means it gives us a chance to go 10 points clear of them by the next time we face them.

Their games in hand won't be played this year.

Add issues with injures and suspensions, games in Europe until at least xmas, their inability to keep clean, its going to test them like never before and now the fans have turned on the club.

Ideal scenario would be losing in the semi final - a Johnny Hayes winner.

Ex player, already played for them in the same competition and it would mean Lennon couldn't even guide them to the final, heaping more pressure on him.
Final means extra games to catch up on!

Don’t give 2 flying fuks if they win last years Scottish cup , as long as we win the league this year , then what they have done the last 9 years matters not a jot - and they know that !!!

Aberdeen is it not?

I have zero confidence when dolly play them, usually a roll over and tickle our bellies job. However, if Milan do a job on them this Thursday confidence over there will be shot to pieces in the games leading up to that.
Boils my piss so it does - the one team that should be competing with us and every time they come up short.

As an aside, remember in 08 when all three were still in Europe past Christmas and everyone was getting ahead of themselves except Sir Walter. He rightly said we were all punching above our weight and we should be grateful.

Twelve years later and once again time has proven the great man correct yet again.

It’s an utter disgrace and massive farce that it’s being played at all . And for one reason only - to satisfy the mutant hordes who demanded a “ treble” despite the league not being complete . Scandalous and I hope it bites them hard in some way or other .

They still have to win 2 games to get that tainited title but it also means it gives us a chance to go 10 points clear of them by the next time we face them.

Their games in hand won't be played this year.

Add issues with injures and suspensions, games in Europe until at least xmas, their inability to keep clean, its going to test them like never before and now the fans have turned on the club.

This.

It MUST be our aim to go into the next OF game at the start of January 10 points ahead of them as a minimum, and if we can keep doing the job in the League between now and then, we have a chance.

They have a difficult run of matches now, and we really want then to get to 2019 SC Final and then lose...

Ideal scenario would be losing in the semi final - a Johnny Hayes winner.

Ex player, already played for them in the same competition and it would mean Lennon couldn't even guide them to the final, heaping more pressure on him.
Celtic play the sheep in the semi on the 1st of November, Hayes will be knackered, the night before is his busiest day of the year...

Changing rules midway through a cup competition is as far away from “sporting integrity“ as it’s possible to get. Corrupt to the core!

It’s a complete shambles and takes away from the integrity of the competition. You have hearts playing at a disadvantage having been relegated and lost players.

Celtic have added to their squad and will have players who can gain medals they haven’t earned.

The best outcome for us would be the Tim’s win their semi and lose the final. That gives us 2 additional game slots to pile 6 points and more pressure.

A final defeat would kick them hard. Not that I see that outcome, but would be ideal.

Back