Latest bid for Edmundson turned down

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Before breaking into Oldham team was playing for Fylde in the national league not too long ago , quite a step up from there if he does sign for us , but would wish him all the best.
Hastie was playing at airdrie before Motherwell 1st team and now us. Got to start somewhere.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.
"How dare a club reject Rangers!!"

Some posts are laughable

MearnsUnionist

Walk away, he’s only ever going to be a back up in the hope that he might develop into something better.

Unless you watch him regularly how do you know that?

We know nothing about him, other than he's big, strong, quick and very highly rated by our management team and other managers in his division.

He could easily sign, make a big impression in pre season and become a first pick.

He could also be back up, but we won't know until he joins us.

Valley Bluenose

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.
We have now, apparently, submitted three bids. We have just reached half the figure they are looking for and the only shift Oldham have made is to, seemingly, double their valuation. It’s fairly obvious that the gap in valuations is significant when we are only at 50% of their valuation. One side has got their valuation badly wrong. It makes no sense to me to now double our third bid in order to secure a player who will be battling it out to be third or fourth choice centre-back for us. Edmundson won’t be the only player on our ‘list’.

rtan

If we're signing a player from this level I'd expect him to be a stand out in the same way Docherty and Rossiter have been on their loan spells. You'd expect their fans to be gutted about losing him.

Certainly doesn't sound that way to me. Most of the comments are along the lines of "hopefully we can squeeze a bit more out of Rangers before we deal".
it's because they are resigned to losing him. they know he's away, just want the best deal.

I read their fans forums too and it seems they have a history of selling their best player every year.

They also seemed complimentary of him and most want him to come to us.

final_straws

I don't know why folk on here bother giving their view or suggestion on what amount we should bid & some sort of tactic e.g £750k or we walk away.

Negotiations will have various factors alongside just price such as structure of up front vs supplementary future payments. From the outside with little knowledge of how football negotiations work, it is utterly pointless suggesting an idea.

Thats before you even consider that the story in the media is probably not completely accurate

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Patience bears.
The difference is, we value Morelos at around 20 million. If we get offered that, Morelos is bring driven to wherever he's moving to personally by Stevie g

Oldham valued this guy at 500k, once they realised there could be a bidding war they doubled it. This was after the guy came to Ibrox for a tour too

That's like us saying nah we value Morelos at 40 million now, teams would be well within their rights to tell us to get fucked and I wouldn't blame them for it. Not because of the price, because imo 40m is a good price for him in general football prices now ( just not in Scotland unfortunately), but because we're clearly just being cunts about the situation

WATP3006

The difference is, we value Morelos at around 20 million. If we get offered that, Morelos is bring driven to wherever he's moving to personally by Stevie g

Oldham valued this guy at 500k, once they realised there could be a bidding war they doubled it. This was after the guy came to Ibrox for a tour too

That's like us saying nah we value Morelos at 40 million now, teams would be well within their rights to tell us to get fucked and I wouldn't blame them for it. Not because of the price, because imo 40m is a good price for him in general football prices now ( just not in Scotland unfortunately), but because we're clearly just being cunts about the situation
He is our player, if we thought we could get £40m we would be entitled to hold out for it. Where did Oldham state their valuation?

BlueSeaOfIbrox

He is our player, if we thought we could get £40m we would be entitled to hold out for it. Where did Oldham state their valuation?
Just seen it on here mate but here's articles from literally two weeks ago saying offers of 450-500k would do it. Now it's a million for no reason other than to be a lady's front bottom and take advantage of bigger clubs. Which they're well within their rights to do but that doesn't mean clubs should just match it either, were well within our rights to walk away if we don't like the way the negotiations are going and judging by our second and third bids, we don't.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/127831/latics-set-asking-price-for-edmundson

Tamson

If the player is anything near the required standard you'd think we would be in a position to recoup the asking price longer term.

That said, we shouldn't be held to ransom by small clubs and I reckon the player may force this through.

AdiCR2

The days of us going %^*& it and paying an extra £500k are over. We have a valuation, so do they. They have changed it by nearly double!

Play the waiting game with them, he wants to come to us, he has handed in a Transfer Request... As long as he is in for the start of Pre-Season then I wouldn't be throwing dosh around.

CaptainCourageous

Never seen him play but I will take a stab and say he's better than both McKenna and Souttar up here who are over rated junk.

Gerrard hasn't done too badly in the CB area thus far and he knows a CB given the quality he played with.

L/COLNEYBEAR

Oldham have every right to demand what they think he's worth. We'll be doing the same with Morelos.
Good point although I can't see us getting more than 16 million for Morelos given his disciplinery record. Would prefer him to stay for another season and improve his stock.

Scarlett

Patience bears.
Don't bring your common sense in here....!

The lad has handed in a transfer request and has been up to the HTC, we're obviously serious about signing him and he is serious about coming. Lets hope we get it all sorted once the window is actually open!

TN8

Love these threads. The Football Manager experts who'd never even heard of the lad 2 weeks ago: "I'd do this, I'd bid this, I'd walk away" :))

We'll bid up to what we think he's worth based on our scouts and coaches who have watched him, if Oldham want more we'll say no thanks and move on to someone else.

MSF

Huge gamble signing a boy from that level.
Big step up for him yep, but its not a huge gamble as long as he isn’t a starter & we don’t pay over the odds for him.

As always with guys from L1/L2 clubs their mentality to cope with playing for Rangers is almost as important as their actual ability.

Crispy Bacon

Big step up for him yep, but its not a huge gamble as long as he isn’t a starter & we don’t pay over the odds for him.

As always with guys from L1/L2 clubs their mentality to cope with playing for Rangers is almost as important as their actual ability.
paying £500k++ for a player from League 2 is not a gamble, however, taking an out of contract player who has performed in the SPFL on low wages is? hehe.

MSF

paying £500k++ for a player from League 2 is not a gamble, however, taking an out of contract player who has performed in the SPFL on low wages is? hehe.
Show me where I’ve said an out of contract player from the SPFL is a huge gamble?

Saltire

Huge gamble signing a boy from that level.
Is it really? Players from that level have come into the SPL and done well, it's probably a similair standard to a lot of teams in our league. If the scouting and management see something in the lad then we bid what we feel he is worth. It's no less of a gamble than Katic was.

JD1872

Never understand why people get so frustrated when bids are rejected. We will have an amount in mind as an opening bid and also a final figure in mind we are prepared to pay and it gets negotiated. If it goes above what we are willing to pay we move on

LoganBear

Official Ticketer
Never understand why people get so frustrated when bids are rejected. We will have an amount in mind as an opening bid and also a final figure in mind we are prepared to pay and it gets negotiated. If it goes above what we are willing to pay we move on
its called pantywetting mate and its always the usual suspects on here at it.

Crispy Bacon

Show me where I’ve said an out of contract player from the SPFL is a huge gamble?
I never mentioned anything about a "huge" gamble, It was whilst talking about Stewart/Hastie. It's okay, we won't go back to that. Just refreshing your memory when you tried to shoot me down for stating that Stewart/Hastie were not gambles.

Scottish players are not a gamble, in what way? That you know they're shite before they sign? Frightening take.

MSF

I never mentioned anything about a "huge" gamble, It was whilst talking about Stewart/Hastie. It's okay, we won't go back to that. Just refreshing your memory when you tried to shoot me down for stating that Stewart/Hastie were not gambles.
I said huge gamble in the post you quoted me.

Your post must of said signing Scottish players is not a gamble, which is ridiculous.

Crispy Bacon

I said huge gamble in the post you quoted me.

Your post must of said signing Scottish players is not a gamble, which is ridiculous.
Nope, It said signing players whom have performed in Scotland is not a gamble. Don't worry about it though, we all get mixed up sometimes.

MSF

Nope, It said signing players whom have performed in Scotland is not a gamble. Don't worry about it though, we all get mixed up sometimes.
Still stand by my post, thats a ridiculous statement.

Signing any player who has “performed” in Scotland is not a gamble. Ridiculous.

Crispy Bacon

Still stand by my post, thats a ridiculous statement.

Signing any player who has “performed” in Scotland is not a gamble. Ridiculous.
I never said any player

Out of contract - no fee
Low wages
Proven performer in SPFL

Where is the gamble?

But this guy isn't? Hehe - we will leave it there then.