Latest bid for Edmundson turned down

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.
Don't bring your common sense in here....!

The lad has handed in a transfer request and has been up to the HTC, we're obviously serious about signing him and he is serious about coming. Lets hope we get it all sorted once the window is actually open!

Love these threads. The Football Manager experts who'd never even heard of the lad 2 weeks ago: "I'd do this, I'd bid this, I'd walk away" :))

We'll bid up to what we think he's worth based on our scouts and coaches who have watched him, if Oldham want more we'll say no thanks and move on to someone else.

Huge gamble signing a boy from that level.
Big step up for him yep, but its not a huge gamble as long as he isn’t a starter & we don’t pay over the odds for him.

As always with guys from L1/L2 clubs their mentality to cope with playing for Rangers is almost as important as their actual ability.

Big step up for him yep, but its not a huge gamble as long as he isn’t a starter & we don’t pay over the odds for him.

As always with guys from L1/L2 clubs their mentality to cope with playing for Rangers is almost as important as their actual ability.
paying £500k++ for a player from League 2 is not a gamble, however, taking an out of contract player who has performed in the SPFL on low wages is? hehe.

paying £500k++ for a player from League 2 is not a gamble, however, taking an out of contract player who has performed in the SPFL on low wages is? hehe.
Show me where I’ve said an out of contract player from the SPFL is a huge gamble?

Huge gamble signing a boy from that level.

Is it really? Players from that level have come into the SPL and done well, it's probably a similair standard to a lot of teams in our league. If the scouting and management see something in the lad then we bid what we feel he is worth. It's no less of a gamble than Katic was.

Never understand why people get so frustrated when bids are rejected. We will have an amount in mind as an opening bid and also a final figure in mind we are prepared to pay and it gets negotiated. If it goes above what we are willing to pay we move on

Never understand why people get so frustrated when bids are rejected. We will have an amount in mind as an opening bid and also a final figure in mind we are prepared to pay and it gets negotiated. If it goes above what we are willing to pay we move on

its called pantywetting mate and its always the usual suspects on here at it.

Show me where I’ve said an out of contract player from the SPFL is a huge gamble?

I never mentioned anything about a "huge" gamble, It was whilst talking about Stewart/Hastie. It's okay, we won't go back to that. Just refreshing your memory when you tried to shoot me down for stating that Stewart/Hastie were not gambles.

Scottish players are not a gamble, in what way? That you know they're shite before they sign? Frightening take.

I never mentioned anything about a "huge" gamble, It was whilst talking about Stewart/Hastie. It's okay, we won't go back to that. Just refreshing your memory when you tried to shoot me down for stating that Stewart/Hastie were not gambles.
I said huge gamble in the post you quoted me.

Your post must of said signing Scottish players is not a gamble, which is ridiculous.

I said huge gamble in the post you quoted me.

Your post must of said signing Scottish players is not a gamble, which is ridiculous.
Nope, It said signing players whom have performed in Scotland is not a gamble. Don't worry about it though, we all get mixed up sometimes.

Nope, It said signing players whom have performed in Scotland is not a gamble. Don't worry about it though, we all get mixed up sometimes.
Still stand by my post, thats a ridiculous statement.

Signing any player who has “performed” in Scotland is not a gamble. Ridiculous.

Still stand by my post, thats a ridiculous statement.

Signing any player who has “performed” in Scotland is not a gamble. Ridiculous.

I never said any player

Out of contract - no fee
Low wages
Proven performer in SPFL

Where is the gamble?

But this guy isn't? Hehe - we will leave it there then.

I can't see us offering much more tbh.

750k at most i would imagine.

A shame really as it seems wee diddy club Oldham are standing in front of a dream move for the boy as he seems desperate to sign for us.

I never said any player

Out of contract - no fee
Low wages
Proven performer in SPFL

Where is the gamble?

But this guy isn't? Hehe - we will leave it there then.

Just adding in bits to suit your arguement. All ovet the place. Give me peace.

He's a prospect that looks like he might be able to step up. The last time we took a punt on a very similar level of player was when we signed Windass and Matt Crooks. I don't think he'll be near the level we require but I'll eat humble pie if he is. Certainly wouldn't want to go over £500k.
I'd rather we went for Soutar at Hearts,probably 3/4 times as much but really impressed the times I've seen him and knows what it takes to play in this league.

I just wish all these bids, rejections, counterbids & negotiations were conducted in private
Media reporting always clouds the water, slants everything negatively & basically shows us in a bad light whatever we do
I'd prefer to know about it when & if it happens instead of this free for all circus these things inevitably become

The days of us going %^*& it and paying an extra £500k are over. We have a valuation, so do they. They have changed it by nearly double!

Play the waiting game with them, he wants to come to us, he has handed in a Transfer Request... As long as he is in for the start of Pre-Season then I wouldn't be throwing dosh around.

But playing the waiting game won’t sit well with the panty wetting hysterical wummin’ who dominate the transfer threads every season. Same loonies every single year.

I'd rather we went for Soutar at Hearts,probably 3/4 times as much but really impressed the times I've seen him and knows what it takes to play in this league.

I fully appreciate everyone has a valid opinion & I can't fault another's honest assessment of a player's worth
I've also no wish to be confrontational but I'm definately missing something when it comes to Soutar
Admittedly I've only seen him half a dozen times - but each time I have seen him I've struggled to find any quality worthy of admiration - in fact I'd go as far to say after his last performance against us he looks rank rotten to me

I fully appreciate everyone has a valid opinion & I can't fault another's honest assessment of a player's worth
I've also no wish to be confrontational but I'm definately missing something when it comes to Soutar
Admittedly I've only seen him half a dozen times - but each time I have seen him I've struggled to find any quality worthy of admiration - in fact I'd go as far to say after his last performance against us he looks rank rotten to me

You're not the only one.

Has been very poor against us this season and last.

Remember Kenny Miller absolutely destroying him and dragging him all over the place at Murrayfield.

Ii don't believe we're interested in him anyway mate, so we can relax.

I know mate, it's nearly been a full week since the season finished and we're almost into June now.

FFS get your finger out Rangers cause I'm raging here.
Hardly raging , I don't get my frillies in a fankle over the transfer window as my post check will show.

Merely get the feeling that this will be a long drawn out affair if it goes through.

Hardly fucking panic mode, is it

I also accept I might be wrong, now there's a novel concept .

I've only seen him 5 times, 4 for vs us and once getting the run around for Scotland ... If we're spending similar levels to Goldson and Katic, well you expect a player of their level, that is not John Soutar from my limited 5 game scouting

Last edited:
Disgraceful behaviour from Oldham if they're denying the boy his move after changing the asking price.

Disgusting club. We shouldn't be dealing with these scumbags.

Nobody needs to panic here . We will have our limit and walk away accordingly .

Personally I think he will sign for 650k .

Not think it's quite scummy to mess the boy around like that? He's clearly set on this move and it seems they're doing everything they can to stop that from happening.

Like us with Alfredo mate?

He's their player, he's under contract, so they're perfectly entitled to push for us much as they can.

Every football club does it.

I think we'll come to an agreement with them and get him.

There's certainly no hurry.

The English league season only finished on Monday and we're not due back until the 17th June.

It’s bizarre how people’s opinion varies on this board. Souter has never impressed me in the slightest, I can’t remember him having a decent game yet against us? I’d be gutted if we spent 2-3m on him.

It’s bizarre how people’s opinion varies on this board. Souter has never impressed me in the slightest, I can’t remember him having a decent game yet against us? I’d be gutted if we spent 2-3m on him.

There’s no way we will be spending anywhere near that on him mate. Panic over.

Anyone else have the feeling we are looking for ooc and cheap players to add to the squad so we can have a couple of marquee signings?

There's absolutely no chance of us spending that sort of dough on a guy who's inferior to our current 2 central defenders mate.

Any big money will go on 1st team starters and Souttar isn't of that standard.

• By Alan Nixon
  • 31st May 2019, 6:34 pm
STEVEN GERRARD has slapped in a new £600,000 bid to take Oldham centre half George Edmundson to Rangers.
Gerrard increased his offer in the hope that the English League Two club will accept the chance to cash in on their star defender.

Edmundson only has a year left on his deal and fancies the switch to the Scottish giants rather than running down his time with Latics.

The bid is bigger than any cash on the table from clubs in England but Oldham hope they can get more for him next summer

• By Alan Nixon

STEVEN GERRARD has slapped in a new £600,000 bid to take Oldham centre half George Edmundson to Rangers.
Gerrard increased his offer in the hope that the English League Two club will accept the chance to cash in on their star defender.

Edmundson only has a year left on his deal and fancies the switch to the Scottish giants rather than running down his time with Latics.

The bid is bigger than any cash on the table from clubs in England but Oldham hope they can get more for him next summer
If that's turned down then that should be that.

• By Alan Nixon

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Back