Latest from club 1872 re English / BBC

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland

Dear Member,

Following our notification yesterday that BBC Executive Complaints Unit (ECU) had upheld a complaint regarding Tom English’s tweet about our statement on crushing at Kilmarnock, BBC Scotland gave a quote to the Sun newspaper yesterday claiming that they had already partially upheld this complaint. This is the second time that BBC Scotland has issued a misleading statement to the public regarding complaints correspondence with Club 1872 in the past 6 months. The previous instance in August was addressed in our statement here.

The following are direct quotes from the correspondence we received from BBC Scotland regarding this part of our complaint prior to the escalation to ECU.

In response to our initial complaint in August, BBC Scotland said, “BBC Sport Scotland senior staff have discussed this with Tom, and we acknowledge your concern at the tone and language of this tweet and that it wasn’t appropriate.”

In response to our follow up complaint to BBC Scotland their response in September was “Again, we acknowledge the first-hand accounts of crushing outside Rugby Park, and your concern at the tone and language of Tom English’s tweet and that it wasn’t appropriate.”

At no point in correspondence did BBC Scotland state that they had upheld or partially upheld our complaint. Acknowledging Club 1872’s concern at Mr English’s behaviour is not the same as upholding the complaint and expressing their own concern at his behaviour. In fact, BBC Scotland performed their usual mental gymnastics to deny that Michael Stewart, Tom English and others on Sportsound had deliberately presented a myth to the public that supporters were not endangered at this game.

If BBC Scotland are now claiming to the press that they have upheld our complaint regarding the tweet from Tom English, which led to a torrent of personal and sectarian abuse directed at our volunteer board members, then why is the tweet still on his timeline and why has there been no apology issued by Mr English and BBC Scotland? Is it the BBC Scotland position that, despite claiming to have upheld the complaint, there is no requirement for an apology and retraction? Is it the BBC Scotland position that even when they agree that their standards have been breached they do not need to remedy the situation? As usual, their position is to fight tooth and nail to avoid the further embarrassment of yet another apology for the ingrained hostility within Pacific Quay towards Rangers and Rangers supporters. Club 1872 will therefore direct these questions to the ECU in the hope that some action will finally be taken.

Mr English should apologise to Club 1872 and Rangers supporters publicly and BBC Scotland should apologise for once again attempting to mislead the public regarding their position on one of our complaints.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872

This is what Pacific Quay said to the Sun. Total lies going by those quotes from Club 1872.

“A BBC Scotland spokesperson confirmed to SunSport that the complaint had been upheld.

They said: “The ECU upheld one part of a larger complaint from Club 1872, concerning the language used in a tweet.

“BBC Scotland had already upheld that aspect of the complaint in its response to complainants and we note the ECU decision.”

The regulators are toothless. The absolute minimum power they should have is that the offending media party should print/ broadcast an apology by the offending journalist with the same prominence as the original lies and failure to comply should result in the journalist’s dismissal with the media outlet still having to produce the apology. It’s the only way the culture of editorial bias will change - anything less can be put down to the cost of doing “business”.

The BBC and Rangers is the most flagrant violator in terms of volume and blatant bias but there are many worse in terms of the content of the lies peddled- up until Thursday at any event. This is an issue that goes way beyond sport

Can we have Club 1872, as our protectors against 19th Century Terrorist (Political Sense) Infested Pacific Quay. As I have said many times their better at fighting for Rangers and Supporters against this Rotten to the Core Organisation, in comparison to our Board, who turn the other cheek. Can anyone imagine if Pacific Quay would exist if it were the Scum got the press we’ve had for years, they’d have barricaded it.

source.gif

Unfortunately there's a barrowload of mentally challenged out there to fill his brogues

Superb mate, I haven't stopped laughing since I read that succinct and totally accurate commentary. The last time I enjoyed a one liner like that was when a mate referred to the Tom Dick or Harry quote as any Tim Mick or Barry !!!

This is what Pacific Quay said to the Sun. Total lies going by those quotes from Club 1872.

“A BBC Scotland spokesperson confirmed to SunSport that the complaint had been upheld.

They said: “The ECU upheld one part of a larger complaint from Club 1872, concerning the language used in a tweet.

“BBC Scotland had already upheld that aspect of the complaint in its response to complainants and we note the ECU decision.”

that third line gives the impression that the bbc only lost a wee bit, but were winners in a big bit.
am I reading it wrong.

BBC Scotland is probably the most sectarian company in Scotland. I would like to know the percentage of non denominational employed to catholic’s employed and in what positions of power do the catholics have within this public funded organisation.
I absolutely hate it when people over exaggerate to get their point across but I think you might definitely have a point there.
To try and prove the point, can anyone name a Scottish company that has such a blatant anti Rangers agenda than BBC Shortbread?*
Serious question!

*The SNP, it's employees and indeed the majority of the Scottish Government don't apply!

They are indeed rancid khunts.
To think he was once fair minded, a Rugby correspondent who called things as he saw them, his mask either slipped big time or he simply blended into his Rangers hating surroundings at BBC Scotland.
I can vaguely remember his first appearances on the BBC rugby output, then his transference onto the football punditry shows. He was originally impartial, but soon turned to blatant agenda against Rangers, you could actually hear the spit drool from his mouth onto the radio mike during the early days of our admin episode. Bile, hate and even bigotry ensued, either he hid his vile hatred well or he was indoctrinated into the cult of BBC Pacific Quay blatant bias bigotry.

I can vaguely remember his first appearances on the BBC rugby output, then his tranferenace onto the football punditry shows. He was originally impartial, but soon turned to blatant agenda against Rangers, you could actually hear the spit drool from his mouth onto the radio mike during the early days of our admin episode. Bile, hate and even bigotry ensued, either he hid his vile hatred well or he was indoctrinated into the cult of BBC Pacific Quay blatant bias bigotry.
So do I and thought exactly the same and thought he gave some reasonably insight into his reports however, somewhere along the line he turned from what was perceived as a neutral observer into one of the most bigoted hacks out there (and that takes some doing).
He MUST have been given assurances that his journalistic career would be safe to let his mask slip so much by his employers!

Club 1872 Statement on BBC Scotland

Dear Member,

Following our notification yesterday that BBC Executive Complaints Unit (ECU) had upheld a complaint regarding Tom English’s tweet about our statement on crushing at Kilmarnock, BBC Scotland gave a quote to the Sun newspaper yesterday claiming that they had already partially upheld this complaint. This is the second time that BBC Scotland has issued a misleading statement to the public regarding complaints correspondence with Club 1872 in the past 6 months. The previous instance in August was addressed in our statement here.

The following are direct quotes from the correspondence we received from BBC Scotland regarding this part of our complaint prior to the escalation to ECU.

In response to our initial complaint in August, BBC Scotland said, “BBC Sport Scotland senior staff have discussed this with Tom, and we acknowledge your concern at the tone and language of this tweet and that it wasn’t appropriate.”

In response to our follow up complaint to BBC Scotland their response in September was “Again, we acknowledge the first-hand accounts of crushing outside Rugby Park, and your concern at the tone and language of Tom English’s tweet and that it wasn’t appropriate.”

At no point in correspondence did BBC Scotland state that they had upheld or partially upheld our complaint. Acknowledging Club 1872’s concern at Mr English’s behaviour is not the same as upholding the complaint and expressing their own concern at his behaviour. In fact, BBC Scotland performed their usual mental gymnastics to deny that Michael Stewart, Tom English and others on Sportsound had deliberately presented a myth to the public that supporters were not endangered at this game.

If BBC Scotland are now claiming to the press that they have upheld our complaint regarding the tweet from Tom English, which led to a torrent of personal and sectarian abuse directed at our volunteer board members, then why is the tweet still on his timeline and why has there been no apology issued by Mr English and BBC Scotland? Is it the BBC Scotland position that, despite claiming to have upheld the complaint, there is no requirement for an apology and retraction? Is it the BBC Scotland position that even when they agree that their standards have been breached they do not need to remedy the situation? As usual, their position is to fight tooth and nail to avoid the further embarrassment of yet another apology for the ingrained hostility within Pacific Quay towards Rangers and Rangers supporters. Club 1872 will therefore direct these questions to the ECU in the hope that some action will finally be taken.

Mr English should apologise to Club 1872 and Rangers supporters publicly and BBC Scotland should apologise for once again attempting to mislead the public regarding their position on one of our complaints.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872
Superb. Get into them.

BBC Scotland is probably the most sectarian company in Scotland. I would like to know the percentage of non denominational employed to catholic’s employed and in what positions of power do the catholics have within this public funded organisation.
I'm not sure if they're all catholic,but I would be really interested to see how many are nationalists.
It was interesting to see the documentary about goebbels,who basically turned the press in germany into civil servants. I think that's where we are in this country at the moment. No coincidence this has all got worse since the SNP took control.

Fanfückingtastic.

They've been hoisted by their own patard yet again.

The list of slanderous libelous lies is hellishly long now and the apologies are always pathetic.

DO NOT PAY THE LICENCE FEE. CANCEL YOUR DIRECT DEBIT NOW.

RIGHT NOW.
[/QUOTE.
I haven’t paid it since due last May, GG and
won’t be paying it.]

I'm not sure if they're all catholic,but I would be really interested to see how many are nationalists.
It was interesting to see the documentary about goebbels,who basically turned the press in germany into civil servants. I think that's where we are in this country at the moment. No coincidence this has all got worse since the SNP took control.

From what I know there are many anti Rangers but I don’t know about their actual religions Renfrew.

From what I know there are many anti Rangers but I don’t know about their actual religions Renfrew.
I'm sure grigo that there is a fair mixture of both. Anti rangers for that lot,but also nationalists who see the club and their fans as a stumbling block in their aims. Just look at the ridiculous amounts of our money that's spent on a language channel,which is so ridiculous that when showing football they have to change language for co commentators and doing interviews as no one speaks it.
Then that other abomination of a channel they've started. Sometimes with zero viewers.
Remember when Salmond announced he was stepping down. He gave only one guy a nod when leaving the press conference,Brian Taylor of bbc scotland who should have been put out to grass years ago.

I'm sure grigo that there is a fair mixture of both. Anti rangers for that lot,but also nationalists who see the club and their fans as a stumbling block in their aims. Just look at the ridiculous amounts of our money that's spent on a language channel,which is so ridiculous that when showing football they have to change language for co commentators and doing interviews as no one speaks it.
Then that other abomination of a channel they've started. Sometimes with zero viewers.
Remember when Salmond announced he was stepping down. He gave only one guy a nod when leaving the press conference,Brian Taylor of bbc scotland who should have been put out to grass years ago.

Yes, absolutely agree. Trying to culturally swamp us.

They are trying to bully their way to independence & we need to stand up more than ever.

in the words of Keevins, Reporting Scotland is like a Nuremberg rally in favour of the Nats.

Cap doffed to club 1872 for there perseverance with the bbc and english ,hope they are considering the same course of action against the despicable gordon parks after his latest disgusting slanderous/racist slur on alfie

People have to get on message.

Fans can do wonderful things.

ONLY, when the club gets involved will it really matter.

The club telling fans NOT to pay their license fee, will shake the tree.

Until then we are kidding ourselves on.

I agree. The fans can only do so much. We dont have any real power.

I argued for a membership system for our fans' group that could attract 200,000 fans. That would have given us real clout. Instead the emphasis was put on raising funds to buy shares and this has resulted in club 1872 having less than 10,000 members. Im not criticising or arguing for change. It is what it is.

this 100 times over, the fans as well meaning and hard working as they have been are impotent and easily brushed off ,with the club at the forefront, and relentless in their pursuit of those who wish to harm us ,we would be in a far better place, sadly i can see no appetite from within Ibrox to meet these bastards head on,it seems they are content to sit quietly in a corner, hoping the big bully overlooks them and leaves them alone, the club has sat on its hands for decades now and we see where it has ended up,if our club is ever to flourish again and reach our potential,then our board need to employ people that will start to effect change in attitudes towards us

this 100 times over, the fans as well meaning and hard working as they have been are impotent and easily brushed off ,with the club at the forefront, and relentless in their pursuit of those who wish to harm us ,we would be in a far better place, sadly i can see no appetite from within Ibrox to meet these bastards head on,it seems they are content to sit quietly in a corner, hoping the big bully overlooks them and leaves them alone, the club has sat on its hands for decades now and we see where it has ended up,if our club is ever to flourish again and reach our potential,then our board need to employ people that will start to effect change in attitudes towards us

If unconditional love like ours withers in frustration and resignation, who will take up the baton?

People need a reason to believe.

Back