Laudrup or Gascoigne

I'd go for Laudrup as he was my hero when I was at school however I was probably a bit too young to fully appreciate Gazza. I'm sticking with Laudrup however it's a much harder call now than it would have been if you asked 9-11 year old me.

Too close to call but if pushed I’ll say Gazza just. Both magical players and the toss of a coin though.

Although Laudrup was fantastic, and one of the best we've ever had, I would say Gazza. It seemed the bigger the game and occasion, the better he played.

Gazza had more to his game in my opinion.

Laudrup was the more technically skillful, but Gazza had so much. You had the sense you could play him in any position and he'd do a turn.

He beat Laudrup for strength, tackling, heading, rising to the occasion and motivating team-mates when the chips were down.

They were different types of players I suppose.

We were incredibly fortunate to not only see both of them at our club but to see the best of them. Both had troubles elsewhere and were, perhaps, a bit disillusioned but came to Ibrox where they were loved, where they were happy, produced their best football and where they were successful.
Really difficult to choose but I would go for Laudrup despite Gazza's title winning performance against the sheep.

Laudrup for me. Still my hero to this day.

I have a framed photo of God which Robert Marshall gifted to my Grandfather from The Louden. It was gifted to me after my Granda passed awag

Laudrup was a better player but Gazza could grab a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. Could do the ugly part of the game when it was needed.

I'm enjoying there being no football being on just now and all these nostalgic threads being started!

Probably Laudrup for me. He was more consistent in his performances for me. Loved Gazza as well. Unbelievable that we had the privilege to watch both play in the same team!

For Rangers, Laudrup. In terms of natural ability, on their day - Gascoigne.

If you swapped their lifestyles/injury problems around would we be discussing this? Don't think so. Laudrup made the most of what he had.

Great question, not an easy one, but solely for the impact the signing had possibly around the world its got to be Gazza, never thought he would sign but both great players

In a Rangers shirt there is no contest, Laudrup every tone.

In fairness l, Gazza’s peak was prior to joining us

Gazza is probably slightly higher up the list of the greatest players ever to play the game.

Laudrup contributed more to Rangers.

Latest posts

Back