Laudrup or Gascoigne

I'm probably gonna just go with Gazza. Played like a kid when he had to be could take the ball and score a goal all on his own.
Those tears in Italia 90 missing a potential World Cup final. Gazza would never play in another World Cup.

Gazza. As incredible as Laudrup was, Gazza was a level above at his best. I would also argue that Gazza’s position was a more difficult role to play. Also that goal against Scotland was magnificent. Back when I actually liked the national team.

Depends on what you’re looking for. At his best, Gazza was unplayable but his very best only came every so often. Laudrup was far more consistent and could have played for any team in the world. A bit like Ian Durrant, we’ll never know how could Gaza’s could have been but for that injury.

Peaks and troughs with Gazza, a model of consistency in Laudrup.

Gazza could probably do things Laudrup couldn't, but Laudrup for me.

I can think of games when one or the other was outstanding, such as:

• Gazza in the 8-in-a-row game
  • Laudrup in the 1996 cup final
Trying to think of a game in which both were outstanding - any suggestions?

Almost impossible to separate them, if I had to I would probably say Laudrup but it's so close.

Laudrup. He was so consistent, until his last year, and had the style and class you expect from a Rangers player.

Have this debate with a mate often. Especially when we are bevvied.

Laudrup for me.

Laudrup for me but ironically if I had to pick one to have today it would be Gazza. He could control games for us letting others play to their strengths. Love them both.

Both were exceptional players for us and contributed massively to 9IAR.

Personally, I think Gascoigne was the better player.

Difficult one but who was best and why?

Not that difficult for me tbh.

Laudrup was the better, more consistent and more disciplined player.

Gascoigne is still the 2nd best Rangers player in my lifetime though.

Laudrup was more graceful and could glide past a player with the drop of a shoulder, Gazza was more entertaining and would do things out of the blue. Love them both but I’d Rather watch Gazza playing if push came to shove

My dear departed Dad saw the likes of Gillick, Venters, Thornton, Waddell, Woodburn, Baxter, Brand et al, and conceded Laudrup was the best he'd seen. Good enough for this dutiful son.

Laudrup for me and it wasnt even a hard decision. Far more consistent and the better player. Best Rangers player i have ever seen

Loved both, and being in my 20's during that era it was a privilege.

Personally I think a Gazza on his peak would be a bigger influence on the current team.

On their day , both were unstoppable.....If I had to pick one , I'd leave that decision to Sir Walter Smith

I'm going for Gazza, but it's so close I cant actually give a reason for one over the other.

Both amazing footballers.

Laudrup, because of his consistency, If I'm ever asked the question "who is the best player I've seen for Rangers" I don't have to think about it (I live in Gateshead so I think I am expected to say Gazza). Best individual performance? split between Gascoigne vs the Sheep & Cooper vs Ilves Tampere.

Gazza.

Incredible times when we had the 2 at the same time...cheers Walter.

Obviously the 2 best players in our league at the time by a distance.

At 1 point in his career Gazza was possibly the best player in the world.

Brian Laudrup for me. If I had to pick one of them to play in our team now I would say Gazza would benefit the team more.

Tough choice. Gazza was a great player and brought a lot of character to the game, but Laudrup was pure class. Laudrup shades it for me.

Laudrup as we had him in his prime and he was a model professional. Gaza’s was a better technical player, but when he came to us he brought a lot of physical and emotional baggage. They both brightened the 1990s for me.

Back