Lawrence Shankland - can we put that to bed now?

I don't know why there is this constant denigration of Shankland on FF.
At 23 the potential is there to be another McCoist!
Especially if he comes to us.

I hope we do sign him!
Sooner rather than later.
He will score goals.
Has a predator's instinct.

As for Itten.For me... the jury is out.
Haven't seen enough.

Be interesting to see who scores the most between the two, if Shankland doesn't move.
Considering the teams they play for, and the number of chances created for each, and appearances made.

I only hope Shankland doesn't end up across the road.
As he is good bear, and to see him in those colors would be hard to bear! (no pun intended)
Putting shankland in the same sentence as Ally is quite frankly obscene.Infact he will never ever even hit the heights of Boyd nevermind McCoist.

Any one thinking Shankland would suit our style of play clearly haven't watched him play.

Defoe can struggle in our team at times and his movement, intelligence, touch, vision and goalscoring ability is something Shankland can only dream of.

It's not as simple as, set Shankland up and he will score a bucket load.

I don't see many clubs in for him and thankfully we are targeting a better calibre of player.
He can be coached in his shortcomings. Alfredo still struggles with his touch and link up in the deployed system.

Itten for me as he is far more disciplined than Roofe who is the better flair player and has more skill but in some matches we can’t afford players not working their socks off, Roofe looks like he has to get fitter to be able to do the hard work off the ball.
Sorry mate but that just isn’t true. Roofe is a pressing machine who’s work rate is superb. Have to do that to be a Bielsa striker.

Nothing to be sorry for mate it’s all about opinions, I just feel that Roofe isn’t at his fighting weight or match hardened yet after his long lay off

Never mind Shankland I think Nisbet could probably end up better in the long run

Not saying we should sign him before anybody starts

Roofe never stops working? Itten will come good.
Itten could definitely come good. Anyone writing him off will only really base that on what they haven't yet, but his time will come when it involves first team chances. The other night he didn't have much time but there was an occasion where he held the ball well. Either way, we haven't seen enough of him yet, and on that alone, right now, he should get the benefit of the doubt.

The point is that Itten doesn’t look good technically his touch and positional sense are very poor and as yet he has not offered an aerial threat btw Shankland is also a young internationalist with similar caps and goals and is similar age The Nicky Clark argument doesn’t wash his goals prior to us signing him were in the division below the championship and he was a one season wonder shankland has scored over 30 goals in each of last 3 seasons he may or may not be good enough for us But I can say here and now Itten is not good enough
Didn't look too bad technically on that first goal.

The point is that Itten doesn’t look good technically his touch and positional sense are very poor and as yet he has not offered an aerial threat btw Shankland is also a young internationalist with similar caps and goals and is similar age The Nicky Clark argument doesn’t wash his goals prior to us signing him were in the division below the championship and he was a one season wonder shankland has scored over 30 goals in each of last 3 seasons he may or may not be good enough for us But I can say here and now Itten is not good enough
Banger

No as I said you could see there was player in there but I can’t see that in Itten. Hi touch is terrible he has a good build but lacks physicality he doesn’t get himself between the posts which is where all good strikers get their goals his body language doesn’t look right He must have some thing though he scored a few last season in Swiss league but his record before that was very poor.
Bitten by Itten, had a mare here pal.

Back