Lawrence Shankland - can we put that to bed now?

Get it right up ye ya muppet
I am pleased for him that’s the first signs I have saw from him that he will make it here. Two good goals first a very good goal but for me the second was better as it was a proper strikers goal. I hope he keeps making me eat my words

Sadly no It was a tremendous strike but as I said the second was for me a better one because it was a proper strikers goal
Fair play bud, you're taking this better than I would have and I've made plenty of hasty judgements on players myself!

The point is that Itten doesn’t look good technically his touch and positional sense are very poor and as yet he has not offered an aerial threat btw Shankland is also a young internationalist with similar caps and goals and is similar age The Nicky Clark argument doesn’t wash his goals prior to us signing him were in the division below the championship and he was a one season wonder shankland has scored over 30 goals in each of last 3 seasons he may or may not be good enough for us But I can say here and now Itten is not good enough

Yup hes a.flop

And still talk shite. The idea that because you’ve played the game you know better is laughable.
Yes I agree some of the best coaches never played professionally and their are a lot of fans out there who have a great understanding of the game. The thing is we all think we know best it’s all about opinions

Yes I agree some of the best coaches never played professionally and their are a lot of fans out there who have a great understanding of the game. The thing is we all think we know best it’s all about opinions

Some of them just happen to be idiotic.

I find it quite difficult to understand what some posters were expecting with Cedric Itten

He was never going to be a Batistuta, Muller, Kempes or Brazilian Ronaldo- but being the age he is & that he has already broken into full international level - in a decent national side - he may be raw - but he shows he can be a robust, solid, poacher style striker of the type that's served us so well in the past

On the other hand - many seem to know exactly what we'd be getting with Shankland
That's based on what we've seen him do in the lower leagues - & a few games this season in the top flight

I won't minimise Shankland's talents & I'm unable to tell what he may become in future
But I would suggest some of us are not judging each of them equally

Shankland has yet to prove his worth at a higher level- Itten has already proved more at a slightly younger age

Vardy is a great example of humble beginnings breaking into the top flight - but he could be considered the exception- not the rule

I wouldn't doubt we could get a job out of Shankland- but I still think he's got a limited repertoire & could be a gamble

Itten could also be a gamble - but I prefer his odds of becoming the more successful

In anyone who has a single clue about football or footballers opinion.

The garbage you’ve spouted on this thread about a Rangers player who had barely had a chance to settle was and is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Think back to Grezda and Sadiq you could tell straight away with them as I say Itten still has a long way to go yet yesterday was first signs he might do a job let’s see how he pushes on now

Think back to Grezda and Sadiq you could tell straight away with them as I say Itten still has a long way to go yet yesterday was first signs he might do a job let’s see how he pushes on now

Sorry but only a complete and utter moron decides on a players ability after a few 10 minute sub appearances here and there.

Shame your so called experience hasn't taught you to be patient.

Sorry but only a complete and utter moron decides on a players ability after a few 10 minute sub appearances here and there.

Shame your so called experience hasn't taught you to be patient.
I have see a few more minutes from Itten than 10 mins here and there he has started a couple of games btw

Yeah and he's %^*& all like either, he's a Swiss international for a reason, he just finished top goalscorer at his previous club and you didn't give him even 5 full games to settle before writing him off like some sort of imbecile.

It cannae be put to bed if he keeps scoring, only when he is not scoring then it's null and void to have mibbees looked at him.

In anyone who has a single clue about football or footballers opinion.

The garbage you’ve spouted on this thread about a Rangers player who had barely had a chance to settle was and is ridiculous and embarrassing.
Aye but he played football so that means his opinion is great.

Charlie Nicholas and Andy Walker are other great examples of this

Back