Lawrence Shankland 'I would Dundee United we earned our place' despite 14 point lead

We had the chance to take him long before those two arrived...

Morelos arrived in 2017 when Shankland was on loan at Greenock. There was no way we were signing him from Aberdeen as he was brutal.

Entering his last season at Ayr and he's not getting a game for Rangers under Gerrard.

Could have had him last summer, he'd still have been third choice and barely making the bench.

If the season is scrubbed the thought of Dundee United spending another season in the championship pleases me greatly.

We should have taken him when we had the chance. I await “not Rangers quality” / lazy comparisons to Nicky Clark.

It's not lazy. The comparison gets made because it's accurate.

I'll give you another example of a similar quality of player that we did take a chance on - Jason Cummings.

We should have taken him when we had the chance. I await “not Rangers quality” / lazy comparisons to Nicky Clark.
I don't know if he would be a good signing for us but I do agree that the comparisons to Clark are lazy, it has taken Clark years to start scoring goals in the Championship and has been a League 1 striker at best for a good part of his career, whilst Shankland has taken to the Championship brilliantly but will always be held back by his failed stint at the sheep

Back