Lawrence Shankland in transfer talks with Dundee United

You'll find anything or anybody associated with that particular club gets ffers really pissed off mate, it's not actually him it's a knee-jerk reaction, I've nothing at all against the boy. The fact there's been so many threads on here about him gets to people also.

I get what u mean mate. Can see why folk are getting pissed off a wee bit

Should have went for Stephen Dobbie of QOS instead, he scored 43 goals in 45 games last season.

Problem with Dobbie is age tho. Never know when his legs are going to go as he’s 36 year auld. He’s found a good club where he can bang the goals in. He seems like a nice genuine guy a bear as well

Hope the boy does well. Yes he could have went to another club but we will never know why he signed for them and to be fair it's his decision. It certainly doesn't make him any less of a Rangers fan for doing so though.

These guys are miles off Rangers Standard.Failed at Aberdeen and been really average after coming back from his injury.What does it say he plumped for United and not England.He must know he was over performing last season.I think he'll score 17/18 goals this season for United .That's not worth a 2nd look

I’m sorry he signed for that skittery wee club. I hope he has redundancy cover for when they eventually go bust. I do wish the lad well however and hope he leaves scumdee united at the first opportunity.

Anyone know what happened here?? I thought there was a hist of clubs after him in england and SPL but yet he end up at Dundee Utd...... seems a bizarre move for him

These guys are miles off Rangers Standard.Failed at Aberdeen and been really average after coming back from his injury.What does it say he plumped for United and not England.He must know he was over performing last season.I think he'll score 17/18 goals this season for United .That's not worth a 2nd look

We will probably never know why he didnt go to Eng, maybe just didnt fancy it or didnt get offered the money he was expecting, or possibly there wasnt that much interest.

Good chance he wants to play for Rangers and believes even if Gerrard does not sign him the next manager of the club might, if he continues scoring quality goals in Scotland why not ?

Its interesting the way everything is negative about young scottish players, there are no positives, hes just shite thats it. As if every foreign signing has been value for money or that their career is perfect with no bad moves or difficult spells.

And what is Rangers standard anyway, its not Advocaats side full of Dutch internationals some of the forwards Gerrard has signed aint worked and out we dont have much cover up front.

Back