Lawrence shankland

delboy112

Dont shoot the messenger but just heard off one of my mates who supports ayr saying we are signing shankland. Anyone heard anything

There’s been a rumour floating all day that he’s coming and being loaned back to Ayr for the season.

He’s nearly 24 and enjoying the form of his life.

I’m not convinced there’s much truth in this but who knows.

Jeezo im automatically a tim because i posted what I heard. Didnt say i believed it but for what its worth I hope its not true. Nicky clark mark 2

It’s was on here the other day, a lot of rumours.

It’s Dundee who are interested in him I believe, he is a good player but nowhere near the level required to be a Rangers player.

It’s was on here the other day, a lot of rumours.

It’s Dundee who are interested in him I believe, he is a good player but nowhere near the level required to be a Rangers player.

Dundee have just signed a striker from Finland but I don't reckon we're after Shankland.

Wouldn't be totally against this. Gifted striker at championship level. If we took a small gamble, like the smallest, and signed him and he spent the rest of the season at Ayr, then we loan him to a premiership club next season and see how he does - come the age of 25/26 he could have developed into a prolific premiership striker. Likely? Probably not, but it's not a massive gamble.

It may just be an inspired bit of business from Mark Allen!
150k or so for a late developer with it all to prove?
Could be a small gamble with potentially high returns . . . so why the hell not?

I always rated him when he was at Queens Park but he hasn’t really fulfilled that potential until now.

the rumour is he was at The Hummel Training Centre today and we are signing him and loaning to Hertz.....yes you can guess the rest...

If there was any truth in it, he would walk over broken glass to sign for us. Can't see any truth in it although if we sign Lafferty maybe add him as the fourth striker.

Dundee have just signed a striker from Finland but I don't reckon we're after Shankland.
My mates a Dundee fan and he was told he's a similar player to Morelos lol

We will see Dundee have not signed a good goalscorer in years.

Rangers are not interested, I can pretty much guarantee that, unless we are and haven’t told his club, him or his agent :D

It may just be an inspired bit of business from Mark Allen!
150k or so for a late developer with it all to prove?
Could be a small gamble with potentially high returns . . . so why the hell not?

I don’t know anything about the guy but after Allen’s and Gerrard’s success rate with the players they have targeted this summer that I had never heard of I will agree with you here mate and trust there judgement IF this is true

Just turned 23 and has always had bags of potential. Going by his likes on twitter he’s definitely one of us.

One to keep an eye on

Just turned 23 and has always had bags of potential. Going by his likes on twitter he’s definitely one of us.

One to keep an eye on

Yeah he's definitely one of us and still goes to our games if he's not playing.

For what it's worth, he's a better footballer than Nicky Clark, but not necessarily a better goalscorer.
I can remember him catching the eye against us playing for Queen's Park as a 17 year old back in 2012. Went on to sign for Aberdeen but never really cut it.

A bluenose through and through apparently. If true, he could be a signing similar to Derek McInnes signing for Walter.

Back