Lawrence shankland

This lad might be worth a punt as a squad player at the very least.

£150k or so to buy him wouldn’t be a huge risk and he might turn out to be a diamond in the rough.

Worth a punt. Sign him, have him in and around the squad. If he's not looking like doing much by xmas send him out on loan.

11 goals already and we're still in August.

If we can get him for say £200k. Loan him back to Ayr for the season to give him gametime. Or if not keep him in and around the first team.

Think he might be one of the favourites to get bagged..Terrible start to the season!

He needs his new striker to gel quickly as their other forwards are rotten. Two red cards today as well. Hope he gets it fixed quickly, I’d like him to be a success.

Re Shankland, he would be a cheap decent signing, we have the likes of Rudden with the squad but he’s very young and raw, could benefit from a loan move.

No disrespect to the boy but he's not what we need right now.

Of all the striker's associated with us the Hodzic boy looked custom made for rangers. A real opportunist goalscorer who's also cacapable of creating something out of nothing. He really looks of the quality we need to compliment this team at this moment and no more than we deserve.

Wouldn’t mind taking him on the cheap as a squad player, scoring against a spfl team in a lower standard of team.

£150k it isn’t really a risk if anything could be a good investment . If coached correctly and listens the Stevie Gerrard magic could rub off on him and he becomes a star .
Glass always half full .

He needs his new striker to gel quickly as their other forwards are rotten. Two red cards today as well. Hope he gets it fixed quickly, I’d like him to be a success.

Re Shankland, he would be a cheap decent signing, we have the likes of Rudden with the squad but he’s very young and raw, could benefit from a loan move.
Ive always liked Neil. I hope I'm wrong though and he changes things soon.

He does look decent and I'd take a gamble on him, it's not as much of a risk as it was buying 2 unknown Mexicans for +3m..

Of all the striker's associated with us the Hodzic boy looked custom made for rangers. A real opportunist goalscorer who's also cacapable of creating something out of nothing. He really looks of the quality we need to compliment this team at this moment and no more than we deserve.

Hodzic would be a sensation with us!

And then we had Dinamo fans telling us he's ovverrated and is posted missing in important matches where he's needed. Swings and roundabouts.

The guy is a goal machine right now.
Clubs will be queuing up and there's no way he's staying at Ayr!

Maybe the boy could be our new Nacho.might be worth looking at, i know he's playing at lower level, but natural goalscorers are hard to come by. Only S.G. will know if he's good enough to play for our club.

I think if the boy is good enough, S.G.would take a chance on him.It's nice to see and hear of young players in Scottish football doing well.

And then we had Dinamo fans telling us he's ovverrated and is posted missing in important matches where he's needed. Swings and roundabouts.

Yep point taken.

Unfortunately youtube is all we can go on and we know how misleading that can be. There's no doubting his ability as a striker though, a blind man could see he's a born finisher.

Gerrard has certainly turned we Alfredo's head around maybe he could have a similar influence on Hodzic. Who knows, unfortunately for us it looks entirely hypothetical as this one looks dead in the water but I'd be hugely disappointed if we can't get in similar quality.

I think if the boy is good enough, S.G.would take a chance on him.It's nice to see and hear of young players in Scottish football doing well.

100% agree.
The more Scottish players we can get the better imo, providing of course they are the right quality. With what I've seen of Shankland which is admittedly very little he doesn't look ready to carry the burden of the Rangers Jersey yet.

Its the finished article I'm looking for and with very good reason. We put an accomplished goalscorer in this Rangers team and I genuinely believe we have a real shot of taking our title back this season.

Back