Lawwell and Lennon pay respects at Ibrox to Fernando

Rivalry and Respect are not mutually exclusive concepts.
Fernando and Lennon has many great battles together and I have no doubts the sentiments Neil Lennon has expressed this week are entirely sincere.

Well done to both and hope that some of their scumbag support who are that fücked in the head and against it choke on their cornflakes in the morning reading the headlines.

Lennon's eyes told his feelings. You can't hide what's in the eyes.

he was gutted, 100%.

stark reminder that an old rival around the same age is no longer here.

A very classy gesture from Lennon. You could tell from his press conference he was seriously affected by Ricksen's passing.

As for Lawwell, he deserves credit as well but I'd like to think that somewhere in this whole tragedy that he'll take stock and realise that dehumanising a club, their players and their support needs to stop.

A very nice touch and well done to the bears for not shouting anything at Lennon. I know we are better than that but its great the only thing reported from this is positive.

I found it difficult to read the other thread on Lennon when people descended into the usual rivalry and insults, but these moments really aren’t the time for that. Forget about what we all know about Lennon for a day, the fact is his comments were very respectful and to my ear, sounded very heart felt.

But remember he competed against Fernando directly, when you’re a relatively young man and you see that happen to another man you were a up and close to on a professional level, that’s surely got to affect you, and it certainly sounded like it affected Lennon.

People need to leave all the other shite at the door for a day, as someone else said, they didn’t have to do this but they did it, and it’s a nice mark of respect for a man who deserved it. These are instances where both clubs generally always do the right thing.

Well said, now is not the time for name calling, etc.

Lennon genuinely looked affected by Fernando's passing and his comments seemed heartfelt. I will forget all this in a day or two but for now he has my respect.

Fitting tribute from our only rivals....the silence is deafening from Fester Road and the place of manure ...they think they're our rivals but they're only here to make up the numbers

We hate them for 90 minutes during a football match. For too many that hatred carries over beyond football and into everyday life.

Lawell and Lennon have done nothing more or less than a decent, human thing to do. It's an unhealthy part of Scottish football that a decent, human act such as laying a wreath needs to be highlighted and commented on.

The way it should be - respect to the two of them.

It's very sad that it takes something like Fernando passing to unite football in Scotland albeit for a short time.
Not all fans of football are so respectful unfortunately, but fair do’s to those two for stepping up.

The way it should be - respect to the two of them.

It's very sad that it takes something like Fernando passing to unite football in Scotland albeit for a short time.
Like Christmas Day in the trenches.
Well done to both and hope that some of their scumbag support who are that fücked in the head and against it choke on their cornflakes in the morning reading the headlines.
There's a couple on this very thread that this will apply to.

Seen a big difference in Lennon since he came back seems a bit more reserved ,gave a very good emotional tribute to the warrior at their pre match interview the other night and turning up at the gates with a wreath was much appreciated .
Seemed also to be upset when he showed respect at the gates .
Only one at the knewdome who says our name in interviews which will annoy the groan brigade.
Would not be surprised if him and Fernando shared a few beers

I found it difficult to read the other thread on Lennon when people descended into the usual rivalry and insults, but these moments really aren’t the time for that. Forget about what we all know about Lennon for a day, the fact is his comments were very respectful and to my ear, sounded very heart felt.

But remember he competed against Fernando directly, when you’re a relatively young man and you see that happen to another man you were a up and close to on a professional level, that’s surely got to affect you, and it certainly sounded like it affected Lennon.

People need to leave all the other shite at the door for a day, as someone else said, they didn’t have to do this but they did it, and it’s a nice mark of respect for a man who deserved it. These are instances where both clubs generally always do the right thing.
Thank you for a sensible comment.

Fitting tribute from our only rivals....the silence is deafening from Fester Road and the place of manure ...they think they're our rivals but they're only here to make up the numbers

They left a wreath. I saw it tonight

Back