Lawwell joins SPFL delegation meeting Scottish Govt for return talks....

Why does this horrible bastard need to be involved in every single decision making process in Scottish football. Don’t the SPFL and SFA have a a load of directors from member clubs that can represent them for such matters? What purpose do they serve if Lawwell is the one making all decisions.

Just a few weeks ago they absolutely begged clubs to end the season with immediate effect. Now they are going to beg the Scottish Government to allow them to restart.

They don’t even try and hide it any more they really don’t.

God forbid when the fat bastard has a heart attack (or other fatal illness). The rest of the cabal will be sat looking at themselves wondering what to do.

Nope him and McGregor from Ross County apparently having a zoom call with that Fitzpatrick guy....
Is McGregor due to be on the new board as well? If so they must have made the switch already. Couldn’t wait to get rid of Stewart and start coverIng their tracks no doubt

With the technology available, and recent concerns about governance, you’d think the invite would be open to all clubs given the importance of the issue. Old habits die hard I guess.

Then ask why, if it has to restart soon, was there such a rush to end the league campaign?
They will no doubt peddle the line about clubs needing income. However, given most need money through the gate, and calling the season early cost them income through sponsorship this season it’s clear to see that’s a lie. No doubt Scottish journalists will fail to pick up on this though.

This mob have obviously given up on having him on speed dial and now want the fat slug there to save Doncaster time.

He's probably there to make sure that "the champions *" play all their games at home to lessen the risk of covid stopping their assault on the champions league

He flew to London to negotiate the sky TV deal as part of the deligation.
He simply runs Scottish football.
Filth place men in sfa and spfl and filth sympathisers in the snp Scottish government.
We are up against it and things are not changing any time soon.

We have been simply out smarted they have a huge network of friends in high places
Its took them years of planning but it's worked a treat and now they are enjoying the fruits of their labour.
Government police msm spfl Sfa referee's
The list goes on.

Dignified silence has cost us dearly

Lawell has been nowhere to be seen for 2 month , now they have the vote and their title he pops up to get involved. Corrupt bastards.

At this point you have to think Liewell’s high cholesterol is the only thing that can potentially break their stranglehold and save Scottish football. The puppet master has his fingers in every paint pot so as long as he’s calling the shots this league is fùcked.

Is there any way we can bypass the corrupt Liewell led SPFL and Nat government, and go straight to UEFA with a challenge? We should maybe be looking at linking up a legal action with Marseille to challenge these awarded titles not won on the pitch - surely the main basis would be the financial impact of us both missing out on the champions league money.

In fairness, he does represent the largest group of snp voters. Him being there will be such a special moment for so many msps.

the transport secretary will be beside Himself with joy!

I maintain you can’t be a Rangers fan and vote SNP.

The values don’t mix.

Lawell runs Scottish football and it seem everyone is afraid to say it

The guy who was at St Mirren said it... After he stepped down:rolleyes:

Celtic chief Peter Lawwell runs Scottish football claims former St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has been accused of running Scottish football.

The claim was made by ex-St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour on BBC's radio show Sportsound.

When prompted to discuss if the big clubs are part of a cabal running the SPFL, Gilmour responded: "I think you're hitting the nail right on the head. I think that's one of the problems of having a weak Rangers , shall we say, obviously they're coming back and I don't mean any offence whatsoever in that.

Ehhh surely everyone wants football to start again soon ? I hate the man but not sure what the issue is here ?
I think it annoys people, myself included that he has too much influence.

He is clearly an arrogant control freak.

Also if Doncaster feels he doesn't have the confidence or away in such discussions, why is he getting paid the outrageous salary.

I think it's a point of principle

Lawell is on the SFA professional game board so guessing that's why he is there.

Such a weird situation that today it's announced football can return roughly the same week here as it does in England which is a few miles down the road. Major rush to end the season here yet all over Europe where the pandemic has hit far worse league's are starting all over the shop.

Back