Lazio fans

Do do realise Lazio fans are the lowest of the low and you are joining in with them?
ffs...
Joining was a poor choice of word. I was trying to direct them to the gallowgate + confess that joining in a round or 2 of "sellik VafunCulo" was fun. Having said that your point is well taken.

You can't beat a bit of tim on tim fighting hope they knock f..k out eatch othe in Rome on and off the park:))

Couldn’t expand on that at all could you? Like I say limited knowledge from me - been Genoa, Milan, Bergamo, Turin and Chiavari watching football in Italy but other than reading the stuff most would have read I know little about it all.

Just had a read of a few articles and seems to be that they were left wing but mainly right wing now. There are that many groups at some of these Clubs it’s hard to keep track. Was at the Belgrade Derby in March and Partizan had 3 separate sections of Ultras for the away end.

Their ultras tend to be equally Fascist as Lazio but they don't show it in the stands as much.

They’ll want to fight them in Rome. If they don’t I’ll be surprise considering the amount of banners and flags they made about Lazio.

Two horrible clubs.

By coincidence, I watched Gazzas Italian diaries on YouTube last night. It was sheer bedlam and chaos from the Lazio fans when he was there. They are nuts. There's a scene where he's going into hospital on a stretcher with a broken leg and a blanket over his face. He's in agony but the stretcher bearers can barely move because of the fans and press pushing and harassing them. It was scary stuff.
I attended a Lazio game once and some guy threw a moped onto the pitch. Feck knows how he got it into the stadium. Then I nearly got a broken nose from hundreds of full water bottles being lobbed at us.

they’ll get a fine for that , they sung roll of honour in the 51st minute also - so fare what are you waiting for
I thought they were Lazio fans and that's why the police weren't doing anything? Apologies if I've got that wrong.

You’re not wrong. The video is clearly Lazio fans.

And I don’t care if the people who were shouting are Rangers fans or Celtic fans or anything - its scumbag behaviour to be hanging out your window shouting like that.

You’re not wrong. The video is clearly Lazio fans.

And I don’t care if the people who were shouting are Rangers fans or Celtic fans or anything - its scumbag behaviour to be hanging out your window shouting like that.

I haven’t seen any proof anywhere to suggest who they supported, it’s all just people making assumptions as far as I can see.
They are obviously a pair of classless arseholes. Imagine playing that back and hearing how much of a fanny you sound, but still uploading it for the word to see anyway.

Hallo everyone on the board.
Before I join this conversation: I'd like to introduce myself to all of yous, I think my story as a football fan is at least 'quite interesting', but I haven't found any place in this forum where people introduce themselves... could you help me there?
Well, it's years now I've noticed this site and eventually decided to join you after having discovered this interesting discussion on Lazio fans.
To cut it short: I'm a half Scottish half Italian man, dad's Italian and mum's a Scot, from Ayr. Dad's a Catholic but he couldn't care less about it, they got wed at St Columba back in 1971, I was born in Rome and I was christened as a Presbyterian in Rome's Presbyterian Church. I've always been living a few miles south of Rome on the coastline but of course half of my family hails from Scotland and they're all Rangers people.
Ever since I was born I knew I was a Rangers man, on the other hand I also developed my boyhood Italian allegiance to AS Roma, which means I'm in the awkward position of supporting BOTH. And I can assure you I'm intensely passionate about both of them. I just hope the two teams never meet otherwise I'd have to shut the telly and ignore the score.
Anyway, there's so much I could tell you about 1) Italian football 'Ultras', 2) Italian football culture and its political influences, 3) all the SHITE that happens here that makes what happens in any Old Firm match look like or sound like absolutely harmless, 4) Rangers and the way I perceive Rangers' culture through my family (there's a lot I'd like to tell you about that, because there's always something LACKING when people discuss Rangers and its roots, it's too easy to reduce all that to unionism, loyalism and sorts, remember Rangers portray the majority of SCOTLAND itself, there's really so much to say about it)
As for now it's done, I'm about to write an entire pamphlet, so I'll end it here.
If you're interested, let me know.
I'd love to tell you all I can about Lazio fans, Roma fans, Italian fans, the way Italian Fascists perceive issues such as Catholicism and Palestine and so on...
Thanks for reading and, well, I'll check back later of course. ;-)

Before I join this conversation: I'd like to introduce myself to all of yous, I think my story as a football fan is at least 'quite interesting', but I haven't found any place in this forum where people introduce themselves... could you help me there?
Well, it's years now I've noticed this site and eventually decided to join you after having discovered this interesting discussion on Lazio fans.
To cut it short: I'm a half Scottish half Italian man, dad's Italian and mum's a Scot, from Ayr. Dad's a Catholic but he couldn't care less about it, they got wed at St Columba back in 1971, I was born in Rome and I was christened as a Presbyterian in Rome's Presbyterian Church. I've always been living a few miles south of Rome on the coastline but of course half of my family hails from Scotland and they're all Rangers people.
Ever since I was born I knew I was a Rangers man, on the other hand I also developed my boyhood Italian allegiance to AS Roma, which means I'm in the awkward position of supporting BOTH. And I can assure you I'm intensely passionate about both of them. I just hope the two teams never meet otherwise I'd have to shut the telly and ignore the score.
Anyway, there's so much I could tell you about 1) Italian football 'Ultras', 2) Italian football culture and its political influences, 3) all the SHITE that happens here that makes what happens in any Old Firm match look like or sound like absolutely harmless, 4) Rangers and the way I perceive Rangers' culture through my family (there's a lot I'd like to tell you about that, because there's always something LACKING when people discuss Rangers and its roots, it's too easy to reduce all that to unionism, loyalism and sorts, remember Rangers portray the majority of SCOTLAND itself, there's really so much to say about it)
As for now it's done, I'm about to write an entire pamphlet, so I'll end it here.
I'd love to tell you all I can about Lazio fans, Roma fans, Italian fans, the way Italian Fascists perceive issues such as Catholicism and Palestine and so on...

Probably be in touch as I’m going Napoli/Inter then Lazio/HVerona in the new year and was after some advice from a local. Cheers.

Would be interesting to read. Please do share!

Always interested to hear about other football cultures and outside (almost) views of Rangers and Scottish football.

So fire away.

What's the worst that could happen? I've never seen anyone be rude to a fellow poster on here. ;)

I bought a Roma top the last time I was in Rome. One thing that was very noticeable when I was there was that there were some Roma shops in the city centre but I never seen anything at all for Lazio. Any reason for that?

Contribute away, I'm sure your views will be well received and debated in turn. Great forum with as wide a selection of opinions as there are Gers fans.

Be refreshing to hear new opinions and especially from outside of Scotland. There will be some who may be less than courteous but that’s a strange phenomenon they think is humour. Many will hear what you have to say with respect and discuss with you and ask questions.
I admit my Italian football leanings are towards Juve but that’s mainly down to them being my first ever European game at Ibrox in ‘78 but your boys did have one of the greatest ever in Totti. A legend to Roma but also to anyone who knows anything about football.
welcome to Follow Follow:))

I bought a Roma top the last time I was in Rome. One thing that was very noticeable when I was there was that there were some Roma shops in the city centre but I never seen anything at all for Lazio. Any reason for that?
I was in Rome last year, went to a Lazio game. you're correct, Lazio have no presence. Apparently Roma are the team of the city but Lazio the team of the entire region?

I was in Rome last year, went to a Lazio game. you're correct, Lazio have no presence. Apparently Roma are the team of the city but Lazio the team of the entire region?
First time I went I was sitting outside a bar with my g/f. I went to the toilet and came back and there were 5 mental looking guys sitting next to her. 2 of them spoke broken English and it turned out they were Roma ultras. Actually ended up having a good conversation with them all. Probably helped that I was half pished and bought them all a beer.

I would love to hear your take on Italian football and its culture, especially from the perspective of someone who can look both from within and without.
Blast away, this is exactly what this forum is about.

Tim Parks' "A Season With Verona" was quite some read. A bunch of clueless fash, off their chump on the Bolivian, yet, in some weird way, not entirely dislikeable.

Parks is an honest broker, but I would love to know how reflective that is of Hellas fans and whether it still rings true.

Tim Parks' "A Season With Verona" was quite some read. A bunch of clueless fash, off their chump on the Bolivian, yet, in some weird way, not entirely dislikeable.

Parks is an honest broker, but I would love to know how reflective that is of Hellas fans and whether it still rings true.
Verona fans are probably the most British of all Italian teams in that they like a beer and a sing song.
The fascist thing is overplayed. A very small minority but it has given them that image.

That's because the Lazio ultrà, gli Irriducibuli, have essentially created a monpoloy in terms of the sale of merchandising.

Still rings true, although having read it a second time, he does come across as being a little overeager. I would check out Tobias Jones too. His new book Ultrà has just been published, and he has some good articles about Italian football on The Guardian website. There's also The Crazy Faithful - an English fanzine with Facebook page - run by a Brit based in Verona.

Hi. Would be interested in the pamphlet. Cheers.

Still rings true, although having read it a second time, he does come across as being a little overeager. I would check out Tobias Jones too. His new book Ultrà has just been published, and he has some good articles about Italian football on The Guardian website. There's also The Crazy Faithful - an English fanzine with Facebook page - run by a Brit based in Verona.
It's my mate that does the crazy faithful. A Rangers fan from Glasgow. Some of his articles are really good reading.

Just reading that one by Tobias Jones at the minute.

Always something LACKING when people discuss Rangers and its roots, it's too easy to reduce all that to unionism, loyalism and sorts, remember Rangers portray the majority of SCOTLAND itself, there's really so much to say about it)

Sounds like you’re gonna preach about Rangers being Scottish first and foremost and how we should cast off the pesky Unionist persona.

Is there an election coming up???

Back