League champions medals are not dished out in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthVader

Official Ticketer
As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

By all means criticise but don’t go over the top.

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

If you want to use the marathon analogy we have just taken a header into the drinks table 4 miles in

Is this a post from last season or the season before last?

I can’t quite work out where I’ve seen it all before.......

It's been the same shite for the last 2 n a half years wake up FFS

The thing is though it’s the exact same faults we’ve seen over the last two seasons that still seem to be a problem.

Easy chances missed, poor defending at key moments and a manager who no matter how much money gets thrown at him just can’t seem to fix these problems.

Must be around £30-35m Gerrard has spent now and we’re still struggling to beat Livi and Hibs.

8, 9, 10 game winning runs win leagues, and unfortunately I can’t remember the last time we did that.

Love this stuff. Best will in the world I always think these OPs are mentally challengeds ripping the piss.

If We draw v Motherwell the same people will come on and tell us not to panic, they don't hand out the medals in September....

Oh and my own personal favourite from the January/February meltdowns..."They will drop points aswell!"

When was the last time a title was won or lost in September?

When was the last time champions won every game?

I think people are just frustrated at watching the same mistakes year after year with no sign of the manager fixing them.

How many times have we seen Goldson costing us by giving the ball away like that?

The manager keeps talking about signing players who improve our first XI yet we’re watching the exact same line up as last year.

Absolutely correct - but it seems like only a week or two back, people were realistically talking about opening an 11 point gap. Now, we face the prospect of being 2 points behind, almost in the blink of an eye. The head of steam we were trying to build up has puffed out.

Love this stuff. Best will in the world I always think these OPs are mentally challengeds ripping the piss.

If We draw v Motherwell the same people will come on and tell us not to panic, they don't hand out the medals in September....

Oh and my own personal favourite from the January/February meltdowns..."They will drop points aswell!"
I reckon more chance of mentally challengeds slating the players and manager to whip up a frenzy of negativity.

Did the same thinking apply last year or the season before?

Ive no doubt we will get back ahead of them more than once this season but ive got no belief in them whatsoever to see the job out.

Absolutely correct - but it seems like only a week or two back, people were realistically talking about opening an 11 point gap. Now, we face the prospect of being 2 points behind, almost in the blink of an eye. The head of steam we were trying to build up has puffed out.
The 11 point gap was a potential fixture anomaly.

It's over already. This group of shitebags never take advantage of anything that lot give us and within a week or two have usually already handed it back. Between them dropping points and having games postponed we should have been able to put a good distance between them, instead we have 1 more point with a game more played, and in the event that they do drop points anytime soon the squad will be right there to make sure they have nothing to worry about or any pressure put on them

It is getting harder and harder to see us putting together a 10-15 game winning streak. We need to kill teams off.

No point mate, best just log off now for a few days. Its better for your own sanity.

Correct, but we have these same threads every year. Look how the previous seasons have ended. We've won the sum total of %^*& all and that has to change.

The problem is that we play in a rubbish league where we will probably need to get over 95 points to have a chance of winning the league. Celtic aren’t that great but they have a winning mentality that we don’t

Hear the same pish every season. I think everyone's just sick of seeing us crumble season after season. The nappy sniffers know how to see games through, we don't. League medals are handed out on points, we don't know how to win the most.

Ordinarily a point at Easter Road is never the worst result of the season, but you just have the feeling that the Beasts would have won that today and therein lies the rub.

I think we’re almost over coached at times. Arfield’s goal was superb, but it feels as if we want to score that sort every time we get around the penalty area and frequently over complicate it.

There’s just that nagging feeling that we still lack a player or two to take us onto the next level, but admittedly we were missing three starters today who should have improved us middle to front.

I admire the ops positivity but let's be totally honest how many times have we been here? Absolutely nothing changes, first real test, bottled it

All that's missing is a post about how shit the bheggars are, how laughable their defence is, how fat Lennon is.

They go behind twice in two games and win. We pass up the opportunity at Livingston then drop further points at Easter Road.

It's literally the same team as last season and the one before that won nothing.

Second best.
Same team? We’ve signed 2 player for serious money to give us some attacking options, it’s a shame one has picked up an injury whilst the other is a project/gamble.

What did you expect, the board to find £30m down the back of the sofa to replace 5/6 players? It as never going to happen and actually isn’t needed either.

Calm down.

These threads were common last season.

The facts of the matter are, little has changed. We are still dropping points, we can’t kill teams off.

The flip side is the mhanks look average but they are still winning, they were coasting to the title last season and they have strengthened further this season, it doesn’t bode well for us at all.

Last edited:
Heard this since we got back up.
Team and management are saft as shit when it comes to dealing with cheating officials and there is zero dig about that team for another season.

Great post.

I think today you are hearing the sound of disillusioned fans. You can't keep people on board when you keep coming off at the same bend. A lot of fans( myself included) will obviously continue to hope but mentally we have given up as we're not idiots and know how this goes. It's far too exhausting to continue to believe in serial losers.

Same team? We’ve signed 2 player for serious money to give us some attacking options, it’s a shame one has picked up an injury whilst the other is a project/gamble.

What did you expect, the board to find £30m down the back of the sofa to replace 5/6 players? It as never going to happen and actually isn’t needed either.

Calm down.

I expected us to address the midfield many have talked about for over a year now. I also expected some of the bottlers to be removed from the side.

That doesn't take £30m.

I expected us to address the midfield many have talked about for over a year now. I also expected some of the bottlers to be removed from the side.

That doesn't take £30m.
If I guess who you are referring to as “bottlers”, they’ve been some of our best players so far this season.

I get this but if you look at last season the Tims drew 4 games and lost 2 in 30 games. They won’t better that this year but that needs to be the benchmark.

We are 8 games in and drawn 2. Its not good enough but we can recover. If you assume we win our home Old Firm games and lose the aways then you are saying we can afford 2 draws in the next 22 games. Can we go on that run?

Until this team and management team win something they will be labbled bottlers and not good enough and to this point we’ve saw nothing to say that they will win something

This could be a repeat post from last year , and the year before .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back