League champions medals are not dished out in September

johnnybravo

sounds like some on here have a similar mentality as the players,
you can't drop easy points in this crap league, if you want to be a winner.

Homelander

This isn't getting said enough.

We've had the three hardest - Livi, Sheep and Easter Road.

They've had one difficult away fixture - Killie. They dropped points. They will drop points at these grounds too.

Based on what? They have dropped 4 points from the last 54

The wishfull thinking on here is mental

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
We made it half way last season then fell well short.

Let's not polish turds. Today wasn't good enough.

DarthVader

Smith and Advocaat’s sides won trophies.
Oh feck off with this. We can't rewrite the past 2 seasons. We need to look at how we are placed from this moment on.

Using your logic, we'd be as well offering our resignation from the league because Lennon's team has won trophies.

Keep waving your white hankies mate.

BlueSevenTwo

Oh feck off with this. We can't rewrite the past 2 seasons. We need to look at how we are placed from this moment on.

Using your logic, we'd be as well offering our resignation from the league because Lennon's team has won trophies.

Keep waving your white hankies mate.
Utter garbage which bears no relevance to my comments.

Smith and Advocaat won trophies FACT.

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
I'm not saying it was good enough, but I'm not prepared to write off the season after a draw at Easter Rd.
Nor am I. Decent start to the season but keep performing like today and Livingston then forget it as they bastards are getting referee assistance galore already.

Calvinist

When did Easter Rd become an easy 3pts?

Dod Smith or Advocaat's sides never drop points against weaker sides?

smith , advocaat and MacLeish sides won league titles and cups and as such were giving breathing space when bad results were recorded .

SG has been handed millions and hes 0/6 on the domestic trophy record . He’s going to come under more scrutiny because of a poor record domestic record .

given the fact a supposedly shite Celtic team are breathing down our necks instead of us pulling away from them doesn’t help either .

Baxter Blue

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

By all means criticise but don’t go over the top.
Stranger things have happened.

Detective Vic Mackey

Team that can’t grind out results don’t win league championships and we can’t do that.

Also teams with such an average midfield don’t win league championships and boy oh boy is our midfield average.

DarthVader

Utter garbage which bears no relevance to my comments.

Smith and Advocaat won trophies FACT.
Yes, they did. So far Gerrard hasn't. Does that mean that he won't or can't?

All I'm saying is that the best Rangers teams all dropped points when they were expected to win. And they still went on to lift trophies.

Whether it's this season or not, we will win the title again and it won't be with a 100% record or any surprise slip ups along the way.

DarthVader

smith , advocaat and MacLeish sides won league titles and cups and as such were giving breathing space when bad results were recorded .

SG has been handed millions and hes 0/6 on the domestic trophy record . He’s going to come under more scrutiny because of a poor record domestic record .

given the fact a supposedly shite Celtic team are breathing down our necks instead of us pulling away from them doesn’t help either .
So Gerrard is expected to win each and every game, no margin for error, purely on the basis we don't currently have a trophy in the cabinet?

DougieJones

Not many mentioning we drew the game - a slight improvement on Tynecastle, Rugby Park last season. In fact we're better off points wise than this stage last season (we did lead the thing at Xmas remember). Also few mentioning we were without two first choice midfielders, or that we were playing the third best team in Scotland away from home. A bit of perspective would be good - we are going to get better and some of the negativity on here today is genuinely unbelievable - some basically conceding the title! Yes the defensive concessions are maddening but the rest today was down to shit refereeing, great goalkeeping, poor finishing and plain bad luck. It was not a 'horror show'. Onwards and upwards...

ascender

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

By all means criticise but don’t go over the top.

I agree with the sentiment, but I’ve got this awful sense of deja vu. I’m just waiting for someone to come on and say that was the sort of game we’d have lost before.

Pentasa

So we can't win the title then?

Of course we can but I don't think the Management team or the players have learn from their mistakes in the 2 previous seasons

The game away to Hearts in the Scottish Cup is evidence that the current set of players and Manager don't seem to have the required skill set to win the League

DarthVader

Of course we can but I don't think the Management team or the players have learn from their mistakes in the 2 previous seasons

The game away to Hearts in the Scottish Cup is evidence that the current set of players and Manager don't seem to have the required skill set to win the League
Fire them, is that the solution?

Cooperfan

Sadly I see this thread title every September... And October, November....

Until we win the bloody thing we're stuck with it.

nasalsinatra

On the basis of the play the draw is disappointing but Hibs are a decent side who, under Ross, have added a nasty streak to their game and when you have a referee who takes a lenient approach they are difficult to play against. They are well organised and will not be beaten many times, particularly at home.

BlueSevenTwo

Yes, they did. So far Gerrard hasn't. Does that mean that he won't or can't?

All I'm saying is that the best Rangers teams all dropped points when they were expected to win. And they still went on to lift trophies.

Whether it's this season or not, we will win the title again and it won't be with a 100% record or any surprise slip ups along the way.
How many seasons and how much money do you think Gerrard should get then?

Pentasa

Fire them, is that the solution?

Well if I hadn't hit any of my targets at work the last 2 years (Gerrard is 0 out of 6 on trophies won) Then I'd think my job would certainly be up for review

So yes would we need to bring in people with the required skill set and mentality to win the League if it was deemed that the current incumbents aren't up to the job, We have seen growth at Ibrox but probably not enough if we keep making the same mistakes over and over again

Taking todays game in isolation its not a bad results but we can't really do that given whats happened previously

CaptainCourageous

This isn't getting said enough.

We've had the three hardest - Livi, Sheep and Easter Road.

They've had one difficult away fixture - Killie. They dropped points. They will drop points at these grounds too.

Kilmarnock away is harder than Livingston away, for us any way.

We'll find any thing to come up with an excuse. No supporters inside the ground was supposed to make fixtures like Aberdeen/Hibs away a level playing field.

Calvinist

So Gerrard is expected to win each and every game, no margin for error, purely on the basis we don't currently have a trophy in the cabinet?

It certainly heaps more pressure on him from an impatient fanbase.

We have seen that Celtic rarely slip up and we need to be in a position to capitalise , but we go and drop points in a game we should have won comfortably . It’s still early days but there a pattern to our team that’s been evident the last few years .

Fans are worried and have a right to be imo

DunantBlue

We have seen this play out since SG took over. There is a quality lacking in our group. That quality that gets you through games like today. The quality that all winners and winning teams have.

The GOAT

Kilmarnock away is harder than Livingston away, for us any way.

We'll find any thing to come up with an excuse. No supporters inside the ground was supposed to make fixtures like Aberdeen/Hibs away a level playing field.

They haven't won at Livi in three years. That's their bogey ground. They still have to go there at least twice.

DarthVader

It certainly heaps more pressure on him from an impatient fanbase.

We have seen that Celtic rarely slip up and we need to be in a position to capitalise , but we go and drop points in a game we should have won comfortably . It’s still early days but there a pattern to our team that’s been evident the last few years .

Fans are worried and have a right to be imo
I agree with this. And we need to see a good response.

But there's folk on here conceding the title already, others wanting the manager fired, the board replaced, players bombed out.

The reaction is way over the top.

Calvinist

I agree with this. And we need to see a good response.

But there's folk on here conceding the title already, others wanting the manager fired, the board replaced, players bombed out.

The reaction is way over the top.

I don’t disagree with that , but Celtic have a level of consistency we cannot seem to match and it seems that this season is already going the same way .

as last year , I think I we need to win the league cup and give this team a boost

change consent