League champions medals are not dished out in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team just can't do long winning runs.
We just haven't added enough to be able to do so.
Until we.do, we won't quite get there.

They're not but the same thing is unfolding.

My prediction for this week is we will easily beat Willem II then go to Fir Park and drop points.

I’m logging out, some of you are deluded and so negative it’s unbelievable. Sucks the life right out of ye.

There’s no point in a debate - quite simply, you’ll all keeping throwing up this “bottler” “titles over” “never win anything “ crap until we finally win the league.

Have a whinge, a greet, blame everyone from Dave King to Jimmy Bell and everyone in between, fill yer boots.

We're 8 games in with an average of 2.5 ppg. That form would put us on 95 points at the end of the season.

This place is a full of f*cking drama queens. Complete meltdown as soon as something doesn't go our way. We're going to drop points now and again. Our form on the whole is completely fine.

Yes, but many people used it as a positive to help build up a positive momentum. When it is wiped out, so is the positivity and that's why many people are so disappointed today.

Pretty much. We know that once again, it's us doing the chasing now.

It's us now who go into each game with more pressure.

And, as history shows, its us who will blink next again. Suddenly it's a 4 point gap. And still people will say "Calm down" and "Celtic will drop points".

Heard this pish for the last 2 seasons and how did that end up.

Same deficiencies and mistakes are being made. They can’t even claim the pressure from fans is affecting them - the players mentality needs questioned big time after this

We all hope it’s a kick up the arse, it’s up to Gerrard to find solutions because we won’t be winning any league with a midfield of Davis/Kamara and Goldson as a first choice CB

I’m logging out, some of you are deluded and so negative it’s unbelievable. Sucks the life right out of ye.

There’s no point in a debate - quite simply, you’ll all keeping throwing up this “bottler” “titles over” “never win anything “ crap until we finally win the league.

Have a whinge, a greet, blame everyone from Dave King to Jimmy Bell and everyone in between, fill yer boots.

Or keep on kidding yourself then go in the huff and take your ball home with you when you can't handle a difference of opinion.

Same posts at the same time every year.

Come February/March we'll see the same posts about not giving up and surrender monkeys.
As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

By all means criticise but don’t go over the top.
Comments like This come up all the time no matter what time of the season, when do we just come out in unison and admit today was just wholly unacceptable and no try and get round that fact.

I think today you are hearing the sound of disillusioned fans. You can't keep people on board when you keep coming off at the same bend. A lot of fans( myself included) will obviously continue to hope but mentally we have given up as we're not idiots and know how this goes. It's far too exhausting to continue to believe in serial losers.
THIS

As disappointing as today was, let’s remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Title winning sides don’t have 100% win records, points are dropped and it’s about how we respond.

Do we get back on track in the next match, or do we continue to stutter like post winter break last season.

You are correct - medals are not fished out in September but it’s like Groundhog Day. Another game lost as we’re not taking chances, where silly individual errors cost us, where we allow the opposition getting in our faces to upset us, where refs not apply rules correctly and no one seeming willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck. This is why folk are saying it’s over and it’s just another here we go again. Celtic are playing badly or their not playing any great football at the moment yet they’ve a chance to now go ahead of us! What does that all say!
I’m beginning to think (league wise) is Gerrard as he was as a player - a nearly man. That he and with what he has around him just doesn’t have enough to push it and get to the top.

Or keep on kidding yourself then go in the huff and take your ball home with you when you can't handle a difference of opinion.
A difference of opinion? I’m happy to have a debate because I’m not completely happy with things either, but yourself and some others are notoriously negative and always trot out the same crap after every dropped point.

There’s nothing Tav, Goldson, et al can do at this minute in time about their lack of medals to date, and every time we drop points, it’s not always due to being a bottler or a loser.

Stop listening to guys like Sutton and give some positive constructive criticism rather than repeating the mentally challengeds narrative like a parrot.

If we are honest dropping the odd point here and there away from home to the likes of hivs and the sheep wouldnt have been a disaster in years gone by but the quality of the teams in the spl is as bad as its ever been imo. Outwith games v us the poets will probably drop no more than 7 points against the rest so we cant afford many slip ups but now we have had 2 early doors.

i can not stand posts like this after a slip up. that felt like a loss today and the team should be slated for it

When was the last time a title was won or lost in September?

When was the last time champions won every game?
When was the last time we won a league title?

When was the last time Gerrard won a league title as player or manager?

What are you basing this confidence on?

When was the last time we won a league title?

When was the last time Gerrard won a league title as player or manager?

What are you basing this confidence on?
You’ve got to start somewhere.

Or should we just tell the scum to keep the league flag because they’ve been there and done it?

I’m glad you weren’t defending Derry’s Walls.

We’ve still got four games against the mentally challengeds, so still all to play for.

Conversely we’ll probably need to win 3 out of the 4 to win the league.

Seen/heard it before. Going on 3 seasons now. Any test this team face domestically, they fail.
Its difficult to argue this point and a definite concern with 4 points dropped so early in the season.. can anyone say watching that game today that they were comfortable/confident we'd win.. ? Granted the keeper made a couple of fine saves from Arfield but not exactly a busy afternoon for him

A difference of opinion? I’m happy to have a debate because I’m not completely happy with things either, but yourself and some others are notoriously negative and always trot out the same crap after every dropped point.

There’s nothing Tav, Goldson, et al can do at this minute in time about their lack of medals to date, and every time we drop points, it’s not always due to being a bottler or a loser.

Stop listening to guys like Sutton and give some positive constructive criticism rather than repeating the mentally challengeds narrative like a parrot.

Why do we more often than not pass up opportunities? What have I said that's mentally challenged like - highlight them, and I'll debate them with you. You won't be able to because I've not said anything of the likes. I turn the TV off so I don't have to listen to Gerrard so there is absolutely no way I am listening to Sutton or Walker or any 19th Century Terrorist no mark.

The comments I make are exactly what's going on, or not going on, on the park.

Some people can't handle the truth and love to trot out the negative/mentally challenged comments.

Trophy less under Gerrard and they way we go about our business is a carbon copy of previous seasons. The proof is in the pudding - in this case performances and results.

Hate the post that can’t criticise , the draw with livi isn’t a bad result and hibs away isn’t a bad result , when you dominate a game with 20 odd shots on goal and have over 70% possession a draw is a terrible result We shouldn’t be dropping points like this in the league , again morelos scoring we need to hope lille don’t up there bid

It could be a wee bit later than September if COVID is on the way back and influences everything in life.

You say this last season too?

See you next Sept OP when you can copy and paste this to try and convince yourself and others

Same old same old from this squad I’m afraid

If I didn’t want to be sick, I’d search back on this forum and cut and paste the same thread(s) from the past 2 seasons.

See if we hadn't collapsed the last 2 season or perhaps won a trophy people wouldn't be as upset as they are but this has been a cumulative set of results in similar games which is why people are more upset than they would normally be regarding dropping a couple of away points

Last edited:

These posts have been posted the last 3 or 4 Septembers

Why do we more often than not pass up opportunities? What have I said that's mentally challenged like - highlight them, and I'll debate them with you. You won't be able to because I've not said anything of the likes. I turn the TV off so I don't have to listen to Gerrard so there is absolutely no way I am listening to Sutton or Walker or any 19th Century Terrorist no mark.

The comments I make are exactly what's going on, or not going on, on the park.

Some people can't handle the truth and love to trot out the negative/mentally challenged comments.

Trophy less under Gerrard and they way we go about our business is a carbon copy of previous seasons. The proof is in the pudding - in this case performances and results.
Ok here goes.

The linesman does his job, we win today. But also disappointed to see the players not even claim - as soon as that pass is made, hands should’ve been up, make the linesman think, put him under pressure.

We try to walk the ball in and become sloppy and lax even though we have a slender lead. See the second goal, despite the offside, it as avoidable.

I’d like to see us be more direct, shoot when the opportunity arises and get more balls in from the wide areas rather than constantly recycling from one side to the other.

I’d also like us to match other team’s aggression towards us. Take a yellow and let the striker think twice the next time he wants to take a touch. Clobber someone in the air and they’ll have that in the back of their mind next time they go for a header. We’re not great at the dark arts of the game.

I’d also question Gerrard’s subs today, Jones might have been a better option to get down the sides rather than trying to play through the middle to 3 strikers where everything was congested.

But I do think we have a good enough squad and manager to win the title. And even if we do, we’ll not win every game.

When was the last time a title was won or lost in September?

When was the last time champions won every game?

When was the last time a team who continually fail to apply pressure to their title rivals actually won a league?

Love this stuff. Best will in the world I always think these OPs are mentally challengeds ripping the piss.

If We draw v Motherwell the same people will come on and tell us not to panic, they don't hand out the medals in September....

Oh and my own personal favourite from the January/February meltdowns..."They will drop points aswell!"
You've got some neck on you. Calling people mentally challengeds who dont thrive on giving out dogs abuse to the team.

Jesus christ, that takes some beating. Everybodies pissed off with the result, but it doesn't help when an avalanche of negativity starts

I don’t understand posts like this when we have seen repeatedly what this team will give us. It’s essentially the exact same 11 that fell apart last season when the pressure was on. Same cast, same movie, expect the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back